Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I will stick to mine but regardless God cursed the creation because man sinned. What's the problem? we brought it on ourselves, we only have ourselves to blame.

The problem is you are saying God had to change His plan because man did sinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And since when does ET'ers always have to have an answer for every situational, obscure or sarcastic question?

You have the choice to not believe. You will bear the consequences of that decision. Those consequences end when you believe Jesus, not when you out-smarted him.
You must be under the impression that I don't believe there will be punishment in the lake of fire for those who don't believe in Jesus in this life. There will be punishment, the lake will cleanse all the sin, depravity and anything that offends God right out of you so you can enter into the presence of God...everyone will be tried in the fire my brother, some of us will just do it while we are physically alive. The only difference between us is that I don't believe the cleansing/punishment will be endless and forever. Gods word clearly says it will not.

The biggest problem is you eqate "Hell" with the Lake of Fire....these are two separate things. If you throw Hell into Hell...how does Hell still exist?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So God in His all knowing foreknowledge had to change his plan because His creation didn't fulfill His original purpose?

It sounds like you are saying God made a mistake, but God does not make mistakes. This creation in all its futility and vanity does indeed fulfill a very important purpose in God's plan. It is teaching us good and evil and it is teaching us humility.

Concordant Literal:
Ecc 1:13 It is an experience of evil Elohim [God] has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it

God did not have to react to our sin because mankind threw off God's perfect plan. NO. God indeed planned and intended for sin to occur, and then planned for salvation from that sin, so that we could learn good and evil and ultimately learn LOVE.
Legoman I am not saying anything just interpreting the verse. You are the one going further saying why God would have or wouldn't have. The verse is clear God cursed the creation because man sinned. that's it

Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I will stick to mine but regardless God cursed the creation because man sinned. What's the problem? we brought it on ourselves, we only have ourselves to blame.
HUH??? So you believe that Adam sinning was not part of Gods plan?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Saved from their sins?

Saved from physical death? Spiritual death?

Saved from the lake of fire?

Saved from chores?

I read in post after post that Christ died for the sins of mankind and the reward is life forever. Yet I see no verse that says "you will not physically die," so how is one saved from physical death?

Any opinions out there as to what Christians are saved from?
The wages of sin is death.

One is saved from death by resurrection. Now, of course the is the different perspectives on what the resurrection is.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
HUH??? So you believe that Adam sinning was not part of Gods plan?
Wow! where do you and Legoman get these bizarre assumptions. I said no such thing

Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The wages of sin is death.

One is saved from death by resurrection. Now, of course the is the different perspectives on what the resurrection is.
What kind of death does sin bring? Is it not spiritual death?

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist
Quote:
I would say, every denomination believes they are following scripture in order to obtain eternal life. There is one truth, we can't all be right.
How else do you explain the different denomination if they don’t believe that what differentiates them from the others is true?
I mean why start a whole new denomination if the differences are only superficial?
(But I guess this is going off topic.)

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Legoman I am not saying anything just interpreting the verse. You are the one going further saying why God would have or wouldn't have. The verse is clear God cursed the creation because man sinned. that's it
But the verse does not say that God cursed the creation because man sinned. That is your interpretation. Let's look again what it really says:

Romans 8:20
KJV For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope

NASB For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope

We were subjected to futility/vanity not willingly. God didn't ask us! He subjected us to vanity, and therefore we are vain creatures. Now where does it say He did this because man sinned? IT DOESN'T. You are adding that into the verse my friend.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 AM

(Luke 18:18-23)

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. 21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up........."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity