U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
 
37,531 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Reputation: 5857

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The sarcasm smiley is:
Hover over them with the mouse cursor and it will tell what each one is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
 
20,301 posts, read 15,658,083 times
Reputation: 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The sarcasm smiley is:
Hover over them with the mouse cursor and it will tell what each one is.
I like the the big grin better. No one understands what I'm saying anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Yes, I believe it..every word of it. Every verse you just quoted, I believe. Just like I hope you believe the following;
1 Tim 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

He said it, you can believe it, whether you understand it or not
I never said I didn't. Being both are truths, we are to reconcile them. To do that its understood then is Jesus died for the paid for the sins of all, but is the savior of "specially of those that believe".

As Jesus said:
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved" .... ("specially of those that believe")

"and those who believes not will be damned" (not UR'ed)

or: John 3:16 as God put it
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son" the universal truth

"that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." But not universaly saved. Some have life, many will perish.

OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 04:57 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,134,135 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Just like King Saul was surprised?

1 Sam. 28:6 And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

The word "woman" in the Hebrew text reads "medium", and she "possesses as mistress" to these evil spirits. The word "hath" in the Hebrew text is "owneth", for she owned her own familiar spirit.

11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.

13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending *out of the earth.

*Note...these spirits didn't come from heaven.

14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy.

#3049, "yidde-oniy, yid-deh-o-nee'; from 3045, prop. a knowing one; spec. a conjurer; (by impl.) a ghosts: wizzard."

A familar spirit is an evil spirit that has possessed one who has died and 'play the role' or take on the illusion of the dead person="necromancy".

They 'speak' through a medium called a wizard, fortune teller, or palm reader to name a few, and can give facts of that dead persons life.

Remember from Mark 3:11; "And unclean spirits, when they saw Him, fell down before Him, and cried, saying, `Thou art the Son of God.' "

Even though the people standing before Christ had no idea who He was, these evil spirits knew exactly who Christ was.

I Samuel 28:19 "Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the Lord also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines."

That night not only did they lose the battle, but Saul died.

1Sa 31:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.

1Sa 31:6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

1Ch 10:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise on the sword, and died.
1Ch 10:6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and all his house died together.

1Ch 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;

NOTE:

Deut.18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee

The Word clearly teaches not to mess with the dead and or familiar spirits. God calls it an abomination. If you do this, then I'm afraid.... you are the one who's in for a big surprise.
From the book of John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

This verse is saying to test the spirits and that it's ok to talk to them if they are of God. (I do believe that you people claim that Jesus fulfilled the OT and it's now null and void and you are to go by the NT)

If a test is necessary: try the spirits and every one who does not acknowledge that Jesus is the best beloved son of God, and brought to the knowledge of mankind the rebestowal of the Divine Love, and declared to men the way in which that Love may be obtained, is not a spirit that should be communicated with for the purpose of learning spiritual truths. This test is better, because no spirit who has not received this Divine Love, or the New Birth, will acknowledge the existence of these things, because it has no knowledge upon which to make the acknowledgment.

The spirits I learn from have knowledge of Divine Love so you will be the one in for the surprise. I don't interact with evil or dark souls because they will not acknowledge Jesus nor do they know of God's Divine Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,289,114 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
My mistake.

Mathew 13:19-23 is a parable about how some people (they are saved, they are believers) will allow the things of this world to interfere with their spiritual life. Many will fall away. (that is not a loss of salvation, it is simply what is sometimes called backsliding. You are still saved, you have simply put God on the back burner and given everything else in life priority over God.) Other people will let nothing interfere with their spiritual life. Those who overcome, who advance to spiritual maturity will have rewards in Heaven and as in verse 21) will rule with Christ.

1 Cornthians 9:26-27 is Paul talking about living your spiritual life and not falling away from it for any reason. Pauls objective is to advance to spiritual maturity and maintain it so that he is not disqualifed from receiving the rewards that will be given to him at the judgment seat of Christ. (See 1 Corinthians 3:12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10) There is no issue of being able to lose your salvation here.

There are many people who believe they are saved because they go to church, or they are good people, or whatever it is, but they never believed in Christ. Or they did believe in Christ but they added something to faith. They thought that salvation meant faith plus doing something, or faith plus giving up something. Salvation is by Grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Anything you add to faith for salvation makes the faith ineffective.

This is not to be confused with your spiritual life after you are saved. When you are, as a believer, advancing spiritually by learning the word of God and applying it to your life, then you will produce fruit. Works are always the result and never the means of advancing in your spiritual life. People put the cart before the horse.

What you do about sin in your life as a believer is to apply the principle of 1 John 1:9 ''If we name our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.''

Just as you do not work for salvation, neither do you work to atone for your sins. When you sin, you simply name the sin privately to God the Father, and in doing that, you are agreeing with God that you sinned. And because that sin was already judged on the Cross, God simply forgives and forgets it. Just as salvation is by grace, so also, restoration to fellowship after a sin, is by grace.

Because all sin was judged at the Cross it is no longer an issue in salvation. Therefore at the point you believe in Christ for salvation, every sin that you ever commited in your life before and up to the point that you believe in Christ, is forgiven. And thereafter, every sin you commit as a believer is handled by 1 John 1:9. It's all about grace.
Beautifully said Mike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I never said I didn't. Being both are truths, we are to reconcile them. To do that its understood then is Jesus died for the paid for the sins of all, but is the savior of "specially of those that believe".
If Jesus paid for the sins of all... where do you get that anyone still owes the debt?

Quote:
As Jesus said:
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved" .... ("specially of those that believe")
Do you grasp what "specially" means (or especially)? It like if I have a pile of jewelry I could say that I like all of them but especially this diamond one. That doesn't mean I don't like the rest, it means I favor the diamond one particularly but they are all of value to me. Therefore, when you say that all will be saved, especially those who believe it is ALL that are saved just that those who believe are pointed out as special.

Quote:
"and those who believes not will be damned" (not UR'ed)
What does damned mean to you? Lake of fire? I mean I've been damned to hell by many a Christian for UR yet I'm still here.
Quote:
or: John 3:16 as God put it
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son" the universal truth
God loved the world not just believers.

Quote:
"that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." But not universaly saved. Some have life, many will perish.
Everyone perishes. Some have life more abundantly but all perish in death. This is speaking of perishing from sin. If you still sin the result could be a quicker death but there is no verse in the bible that says humans will not die a physical death. In my work we say if some things are inevitable it is like death and taxes... things that never go away!

Perhaps your view of eternal life is askew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 06:08 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,202,500 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I like the the big grin better. No one understands what I'm saying anyway.
Oh yeah ... because your just so spiritually gifted we couldn't possibly conceive of the riches of your wisdom which you so wisely cast before us swine ... Right?

So long as we are being sarcastic ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
 
1,534 posts, read 1,593,880 times
Reputation: 267
My comments in blue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
From the book of John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

This verse is saying to test the spirits and that it's ok to talk to them if they are of God. (I do believe that you people claim that Jesus fulfilled the OT and it's now null and void and you are to go by the NT)

No, it doesn't say that it's okay to talk to 'them' if they are of God.What that passage in 1 John is saying to 'test/try,assay,examine' anything a spirit says to you. How do you do this? By comparing what is said to the Word of God. In other words if you are listening to a spirit the things it tells you had better line up with what is written in the Word of God. If it does then you will know it's of God. If it doesn't. Well, let's just say you had better not listen any more.

If a test is necessary: try the spirits and every one who does not acknowledge that Jesus is the best beloved son of God, and brought to the knowledge of mankind the rebestowal of the Divine Love, and declared to men the way in which that Love may be obtained, is not a spirit that should be communicated with for the purpose of learning spiritual truths. This test is better, because no spirit who has not received this Divine Love, or the New Birth, will acknowledge the existence of these things, because it has no knowledge upon which to make the acknowledgment.

The spirits I learn from have knowledge of Divine Love so you will be the one in for the surprise. I don't interact with evil or dark souls because they will not acknowledge Jesus nor do they know of God's Divine Love.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.



Also I couldn't help, but notice in your 'name' you use 1111. The number 11 is a very important number in the occult. They believe it has great power and they believe multiples of 11 have greater power. I pray your use of 1111 is just a coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,134,135 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
My comments in blue:



2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.



Also I couldn't help, but notice in your 'name' you use 1111. The number 11 is a very important number in the occult. They believe it has great power and they believe multiples of 11 have greater power. I pray your use of 1111 is just a coincidence.
I don't know where you heard that but it is wrong. There is nothing cultish or evil associated with the number. It's actually a very positive number.

The 1111 signifies a time prompt of 11:11 that the Midwayers use to get the attention of people who are willing or have the ability to bring peace on earth. They are capable of talking to angels, hearing angels or are needed to help heal the earth so that Light and Life can become a reality. It's their trademark and we have to meet them halfway through meditation and stillness. You can talk to them and interact with them on various tasks or for just guidance. They do not do any evil and they work for our planetary prince, Machiventa Malchizedek (You can find him in the OT under the the Priest of Salem who guided Abraham or Abram). You know the he is no satan in disguise if you read and adhere to the bible. You know who he is and what he stood for. There is no way these prompts are used for evil.

The midwayers are the great great grandchildren of Adam and Eve and the number signifies those who sided with Christ Micheal when the others, out of 1986 original, sided with Lucifer. All of the original secondary Midwayers have been rehabilitated that sided with Lucifer and are now working for Christ Michael along with other beings and angels. There are now well over a thousand to each human but not all will hear the call. There are a few million humans who do work with them at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,374,021 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I don't know where you heard that but it is wrong. There is nothing cultish or evil associated with the number. It's actually a very positive number.

The 1111 signifies a time prompt of 11:11 that the Midwayers use to get the attention of people who are willing or have the ability to bring peace on earth. They are capable of talking to angels, hearing angels or are needed to help heal the earth so that Light and Life can become a reality. It's their trademark and we have to meet them halfway through meditation and stillness. You can talk to them and interact with them on various tasks or for just guidance. They do not do any evil and they work for our planetary prince, Machiventa Malchizedek (You can find him in the OT under the the Priest of Salem who guided Abraham or Abram). You know the he is no satan in disguise if you read and adhere to the bible. You know who he is and what he stood for. There is no way these prompts are used for evil.

The midwayers are the great great grandchildren of Adam and Eve and the number signifies those who sided with Christ Micheal when the others, out of 1986 original, sided with Lucifer. All of the original secondary Midwayers have been rehabilitated that sided with Lucifer and are now working for Christ Michael along with other beings and angels. There are now well over a thousand to each human but not all will hear the call. There are a few million humans who do work with them at this time.

Huh? No wonder you don't like the Bible much. I suppose 2012 is a reality that you are waiting on too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top