Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I never said we shouldn't be prepared, BUT trying to figure out when that day is based on Revelations is futile, if not dangerous.
Only an idiot would try to set a date. The emenency of the rapture means that it could occur at any time. When God has decided that the body of Christ (the church) is complete, it will be taken up into Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Only an idiot would try to set a date. The emenency of the rapture means that it could occur at any time. When God has decided that the body of Christ (the church) is complete, it will be taken up into Heaven.
And what church will this be? One of the hundreds of American manufactured churches that Johnny Preacher started because he got a revelation while mowing his lawn and decided his interpretation of the Bible was the right one?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
And what church will this be? One of the hundreds of American manufactured churches that Johnny Preacher started because he got a revelation while mowing his lawn and decided his interpretation of the Bible was the right one?
The true church consists of each individual believer. The true church is a living organism. The 'body of Christ' is one of the titles of the church.(1 Cor. 12:31). The true church is also called the 'bride of Christ.' (Rev.19:7-9)

The true church is not to be confused with any local church, which is a place for believers to assemble for worship and spiritual growth.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
The true church consists of each individual believer. The true church is a living organism. The 'body of Christ' is one of the titles of the church.(1 Cor. 12:31). The true church is also called the 'bride of Christ.' (Rev.19:7-9)

The true church is not to be confused with any local church, which is a place for believers to assemble for worship and spiritual growth.
I was just curious as to what your definition was. I have extensive schooling in Theology, I'm not ignorant as to what it should mean. I am, however, troubled by people who label the Catholic Church as the ***** in Rev 17:5, as I said b4... you better hope you are right.

I mean..I assume you take Genesis literally? yet you interpret Revelations figuratively AND literally to fit your definition? It doesn't really matter I guess...I'll take systematic theology any day over religion you find at the grocery store waiting in line.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I was just curious as to what your definition was. I have extensive schooling in Theology, I'm not ignorant as to what it should mean. I am, however, troubled by people who label the Catholic Church as the ***** in Rev 17:5, as I said b4... you better hope you are right.

I mean..I assume you take Genesis literally? yet you interpret Revelations figuratively AND literally to fit your definition? It doesn't really matter I guess...I'll take systematic theology any day over religion you find at the grocery store waiting in line.

Genesis is quite literal.

Revelation has both that which is literal and that which is symbolic. Each is to be taken as such.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What's up with Mike666
hahahahahaha

Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Genesis is quite literal.

Revelation has both that which is literal and that which is symbolic. Each is to be taken as such.
Right Yes, "each" - that's crystal clear Mike

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM

437 posts, read 1,071,709 times
Quote:
That we don't know the day and hour is precisely why we should always be prepared.

The Roman Catholic Church fits to a tee the description of the Babylonian religious system which is in the world today.

Uh, Mike, sorry but as both a Catholic and someone with history degrees, no, it doesn't.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
JTM you know Romanists like you and I can't be trusted. Judging by Tony Alamo and Jack Chick pamphlets I've gleaned our religion is secretly ran by a group of pagans who created Islam, Communism, Heavy Metal, and Kanye West in order to mislead poor true Christians. Historical evidence you or I give to discredit this is all just part of a Jesuit conspiracy. This Jesuit conspiracy put JFK in as a "Manchurian Candidate" in order to lead the US to the Vietnam War and later it conspired with Al-Qaeda to blow up the Twin Towers. Meanwhile Opus Dei forces us Catholics to contradict good Christians like Mike by the use of post-hypnotic suggestions placed in Coca-Cola commercials.

All this would only become clear to us if we could just abandon things like logic, personal experience, and objective reality.

(Too much?)

Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,976 times
(Revelation 17:3,4) I saw a woman sit upon a SCARLET coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having SEVEN HEADS and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in PURPLE AND SCARLET colour, and decked with GOLD and precious STONE and PEARLS, having a GOLDEN CUP in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour"

"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls"

having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication"

Revelation 17:9) And here is the mind which hath wisdom. THE SEVEN HEADS ARE SEVEN MOUTAINS, ON WHICH THE WOMAN SITTETH.

The Seven Hills of Rome
Of Early Rome:Cermalus Cispius Fagutal Oppius Palatium Sucusa Velia Of Later Rome:
Aventinus (Aventine) Caelius (Caelian) Capitolium (Capitoline) Esquiliae (Esquiline) Palatium (Palatine) Quirinalis (Quirinal) Viminalis (Viminal)

Looks like the Revelation of the Vatican to me!!!! It is just too perfect a fit to ignore. If anyone else can prove that there is another religion residing in a city of seven hills whose colors are purple and scarlet, and also decked with gold, pearls, and stones. Then maybe I would reconsider, but until then, I'm with Mike on this one. A little under 2 years ago the FORERUNNER posted a a 2-part video about the Vatican. Here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTLBJ...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcmF...response_watch

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 10-07-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity