U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,275,061 times

Advertisements

The dress is red and white or red and black or sometimes just purple. I don't know if any of those Cardinals are wearing "scarlet and purple" together. I don't think that's done.

If you want to deem the Eucharistic chalice "full of abominations" I guess there's nothing I can say to convice you otherwise. However the chapter also speaks of seven kings and the "blood of saints." During the Reformation that was deemed to be the early Protestant martyrs, but the Vatican isn't exactly killing Protestants anymore. (And if you think they are killing Protestants in Rome prove it) The Pope is an elected not inherited leader so not a king. In any event even if you want it to be "seven Popes" there's certainly been way more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:23 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,123,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That we don't know the day and hour is precisely why we should always be prepared.

The Roman Catholic Church fits to a tee the description of the Babylonian religious system which is in the world today.
Rev 1:7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Rev 17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 This title was written on her forehead:
MYSTERY
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

OMG...where do you get this stuff

Why do you take a book of symbols that was written expressly for 1st century people and try to bring it to the 21st century with all these crazy notions? This book was not written to us, it was written to the Christians in the 1st century to give them comfort during their time of tribulation.

What tribes killed Jesus and who were the ones who pierced Him? The Jews (12 tribes of Israel)

What "woman" was dressed in purple & scarlet with precious jewels? The Jews (See Ex 28 & Jer 2 as well as many other references to the Jews being harlots)

What "woman" killed the apostles and the saints of the 1st century? The Jews with the help of the Romans

Old 10-07-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What's up with Mike666
He's stuck in his Dispensationalist Dispensensationalism.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,725,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
(Revelation 17:3,4) I saw a woman sit upon a SCARLET coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having SEVEN HEADS and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in PURPLE AND SCARLET colour, and decked with GOLD and precious STONE and PEARLS, having a GOLDEN CUP in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour"

"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls"

having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication"

Revelation 17:9) And here is the mind which hath wisdom. THE SEVEN HEADS ARE SEVEN MOUTAINS, ON WHICH THE WOMAN SITTETH.

The Seven Hills of Rome
Of Early Rome:Cermalus Cispius Fagutal Oppius Palatium Sucusa Velia Of Later Rome:
Aventinus (Aventine) Caelius (Caelian) Capitolium (Capitoline) Esquiliae (Esquiline) Palatium (Palatine) Quirinalis (Quirinal) Viminalis (Viminal)

Looks like the Revelation of the Vatican to me!!!! It is just too perfect a fit to ignore. If anyone else can prove that there is another religion residing in a city of seven hills whose colors are purple and scarlet, and also decked with gold, pearls, and stones. Then maybe I would reconsider, but until then, I'm with Mike on this one. A little under 2 years ago the FORERUNNER posted a a 2-part video about the Vatican. Here they are:

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Almost too late, ALMOST2L8

Tony's the anti-Christ.

You know my parents were mortified when they found out 3 days after baptism that my first three names contained 6 characters each.

Pops corrupted the third name to make it 5 characters.

A girl told me once, affectionately, "Tony, if you are the anti-Christ, then Jesus really has a sense of humour"

Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,725,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
He's stuck in his Dispensationalist Dispensensationalism.
WOW, does this really mean Christians have a sense of humour?? Thank you, it's a sick feeling to be outnumbered

Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
WOW, does this really mean Christians have a sense of humour?? Thank you, it's a sick feeling to be outnumbered
What's sickening are some of the "Off the Wall" notions there are out there....notions that are professed to be "Truth".

Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 PM

20,324 posts, read 15,687,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Uh, Mike, sorry but as both a Catholic and someone with history degrees, no, it doesn't.
When the Babylonian Empire fell to the Medes and the Persians in October of 539 B.C., her political power ended, but the Babylonian religion first moved to the city of Pergamum in Asia Minor (Revelation 2:12-17) and then on to Rome where it influenced and corrupted the Christian church. The Catholic Church incorporated into its teachings many of the rituals of the Babylonian religion.

Down through the centuries, Satan has used the Babylonian religion to pervert Christianity.This will continue on into the Tribulation.

(Source material from ''Major Bible Prophecies'' by John F. Walvoord. Chapter 12, pages 160, 162) [I have mostly paraphrased it.]

Old 10-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
When the Babylonian Empire fell to the Medes and the Persians in October of 539 B.C., her political power ended, but the Babylonian religion first moved to the city of Pergamum in Asia Minor (Revelation 2:12-17) and then on to Rome where it influenced and corrupted the Christian church. The Catholic Church incorporated into its teachings many of the rituals of the Babylonian religion.

Down through the centuries, Satan has used the Babylonian religion to pervert Christianity.This will continue on into the Tribulation.

(Source material from ''Major Bible Prophecies'' by John F. Walvoord. Chapter 12, pages 160, 162) [I have mostly paraphrased it.]
UGH....more Dispensensationalism

Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM

20,324 posts, read 15,687,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
UGH....more Dispensensationalism
If you don't like what's on the plate, then don't eat it. Simple.

If you keep smacking yourself on your little round head like that, you are going to end up with a headache. May I be so bold as to suggest keeping a bottle of Excedrin handy for just such moments?

And the topic of this thread concerns the Vatican.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:33 PM

723 posts, read 859,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
The dress is red and white or red and black or sometimes just purple. I don't know if any of those Cardinals are wearing "scarlet and purple" together. I don't think that's done.

If you want to deem the Eucharistic chalice "full of abominations" I guess there's nothing I can say to convice you otherwise. However the chapter also speaks of seven kings and the "blood of saints." During the Reformation that was deemed to be the early Protestant martyrs, but the Vatican isn't exactly killing Protestants anymore. (And if you think they are killing Protestants in Rome prove it) The Pope is an elected not inherited leader so not a king. In any event even if you want it to be "seven Popes" there's certainly been way more than that.
The key word is "ANYMORE" so they definately spilled the "blood of saints". I never said that it was still occuring. But during the papal inquisition millions of people were tortured and killed. A king does not necessarily have to be an inherited title, but has to have a kingdom. I will agree that there have been more than 7 Popes. But in 1929 The Lateran Treaty was an agreement signed by Italy and the Holy See which recognized the Vatican City as a sovereign and independent papal state. Hence: The Papacy recieved a kingdom, which makes them kings. Since The Lateran Treaty there have been Popes, Pius XI, Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI. Thats seven!!! As for wearing purple and scarlet, I don't see that it matters wether or not they are worn together. But I do know that the color for bishops and other prelates is purple and for cardinals scarlet. And my question was: What other Church wears these colors??? And like the book of (Daniel 7:25) .... And he shall think to change times and laws.... The time: the 7th day. The law: the sabbath. The Roman Catholic Church changed that without scriptural authority!! Also God is the only one with the authority to forgive sins. The Catholic Church Claims their priests can do so, which is claiming to be God!! Blasphemy!!! So yes, the Roman Catholic Church is "full of abominations". I do not believe however that this means that Catholics are evil or bad. My whole family is Catholic, and some are the nicest most sincere people I have ever met. But I do believe that there is alot of deception going on in that Church, as well as many others. My intentions are not to insult anyone within the Catholic Church. So my apologies if I have already done so!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity