Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hmmm...did you miss the part where Jesus said He is our Sabbath rest?? There is no longer any day that is important or that we should follow...we rest in Jesus everyday because of His finished work on the cross.
Then why push for Sunday?? I believe in worship everyday as well, but God set aside the seventh day for him alone. Why do the Catholics consider Sunday the Sabbath if everyday is their Sabbath???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hmmm...did you miss the part where Jesus said He is our Sabbath rest?? There is no longer any day that is important or that we should follow...we rest in Jesus everyday because of His finished work on the cross.
Maybe you missed where Jesus said "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord of the sabbath" (Mark 2:27,28)

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Your "facts" are NOT facts or true. That is the problem. How could you think that your wild and untrue mish mash of junk would not offend a Catholic?

Once again, my family is Catholic. My mother and I trade our beliefs constantly, and noone ever gets offended. The same is true for my cousins, and grandmother.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,544,700 times
Well your family is going to be more sympathetic or tolerant of you come what may. There are things I've told my mother that I might feel uncomfortable telling my priest let alone random people online.

I'm taking it you're Seventh-Day Adventist? Nothing wrong with that as many good people are the same. Still if your religion encourages this kind of thing I'm a bit saddened. To be honest in some weird way I can see how you could come to what you're saying, but the Book of Revelation has been interpreted so many ways I admit I don't think of it much. For example Jerusalem apparently has seven hills and some indicated "The Hoe of Babylon" (not being flippant, the site won't list the other word) would refer to a corrupt queen ruling the land. Moscow apparently has seven hills. It seems some deemed the Soviet Union to be "The Hoe of Babylon" as it killed Christians and used the color red as its symbol. Istanbul is apparently located on seven hills. The flag of Turkey is red and the Parliament of Turkey, granted in Ankara, has all red chairs.

And why would it be the Vatican, a nation that's never killed Christians in its existence, while there are places that do martyr Christians?

(Granted from my perspective the Apocalypse is mostly about giving comfort to persecuted Christians in ancient Rome and encouraging them to remain steadfast in belief. Looking for "who's the hoe", etc is therefore not the best use of time)

Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Then why push for Sunday?? I believe in worship everyday as well, but God set aside the seventh day for him alone. Why do the Catholics consider Sunday the Sabbath if everyday is their Sabbath???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Why do any other Christians set aside Sunday to worship....I don't have a clue...that is why I no longer participate in organized/denominational/institutional christianity. I celebrate and worship God everyday...I don't have to go some building called a "church" to do that and more and more people are realizing that everyday as they turn their back on these institutions and worship wherever and whenever they want to...and I say AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Well your family is going to be more sympathetic or tolerant of you come what may. There are things I've told my mother that I might feel uncomfortable telling my priest let alone random people online.

I'm taking it you're Seventh-Day Adventist? Nothing wrong with that as many good people are the same. Still if your religion encourages this kind of thing I'm a bit saddened. To be honest in some weird way I can see how you could come to what you're saying, but the Book of Revelation has been interpreted so many ways I admit I don't think of it much. For example Jerusalem apparently has seven hills and some indicated "The Hoe of Babylon" (not being flippant, the site won't list the other word) would refer to a corrupt queen ruling the land. Moscow apparently has seven hills. It seems some deemed the Soviet Union to be "The Hoe of Babylon" as it killed Christians and used the color red as its symbol. Istanbul is apparently located on seven hills. The flag of Turkey is red and the Parliament of Turkey, granted in Ankara, has all red chairs.

And why would it be the Vatican, a nation that's never killed Christians in its existence, while there are places that do martyr Christians?

(Granted from my perspective the Apocalypse is mostly about giving comfort to persecuted Christians in ancient Rome and encouraging them to remain steadfast in belief. Looking for "who's the hoe", etc is therefore not the best use of time)
The "hoe" was destroyed in the first century...it's a done deal and we all should get out of the tabloids and start living the life Jesus died for us to have.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM

135 posts, read 548,052 times
Default The Rapture already occurred

All those blathering about the Rapture--it already took place, some years ago. Hal Lindsay, I believe, wrote a book about it. So, folks, its over.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

I guess your right!! Only God knows the full meaning of The book of Revelation. Why the Vatican?? Who knows I may be wrong, but it seems to fit. And believe me, the first time I heard the notion that the Vatican was the Scarlet, I kind of laughed and said no way!! As for my family being more sympathetic or tolerant. My Mother yes, but you don't know the rest of my Family!! LOL To be completely honest, I don't spend alot of time wondering who the "HOE" (as you put it) is. I spend more time loving the precious moments with my Wife and daughters because I never know when it may end. And Seventh-Day Adventist it is!! I'm just still kind of new to it and still trying to figure out what is right for my family. Thanks for your input Thomas. Definately appreciated!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearringtonflash View Post
All those blathering about the Rapture--it already took place, some years ago. Hal Lindsay, I believe, wrote a book about it. So, folks, its over.
ROFL....didn't he make another prediction after that

Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Maybe you missed where Jesus said "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord of the sabbath" (Mark 2:27,28)

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Correct....and we rest in Him everyday....so what was the point you were trying to make with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity