U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM

723 posts, read 858,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Why do any other Christians set aside Sunday to worship....I don't have a clue...that is why I no longer participate in organized/denominational/institutional christianity. I celebrate and worship God everyday...I don't have to go some building called a "church" to do that and more and more people are realizing that everyday as they turn their back on these institutions and worship wherever and whenever they want to...and I say AMEN TO THAT!!!!
I agree with you about the denominational institutions who mostly use people for money. I too do not attend a church!! But the Catholic catechism openly admits changing the sabbath to sunday!! And as for why any other Christians consider sunday the sabbath it is because it was changed by the Constantine, and over time Christians just followed suit!! The sabbath is not just for worship!!! That, I think is the confusion. It is a day of REST and WORSHIP!! I worship everyday as I hope most Christians do. But The seventh day of saturday is a day for worship, and devotion to God! In The book of Genesis God describes what he did on each day. But the seventh day was an extra day he made specifically for us to show our love and devotion to him. If it was not significant then he would not have bothered adding it!!! Plus, it is in the ten commandments. And I believe everyone must follow the commandments. Most of the time I hear people argue that God abolished the ten commandments because they did not work. But God should have known that they wouldn't work!! And again would not have bothered creating them!! The more people that turn their backs on these Churches, the better I will agree!! I believe that all churches have been decieved one way or another by satan!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,244,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I guess your right!! Only God knows the full meaning of The book of Revelation. Why the Vatican?? Who knows I may be wrong, but it seems to fit. And believe me, the first time I heard the notion that the Vatican was the Scarlet, I kind of laughed and said no way!! As for my family being more sympathetic or tolerant. My Mother yes, but you don't know the rest of my Family!! LOL To be completely honest, I don't spend alot of time wondering who the "HOE" (as you put it) is. I spend more time loving the precious moments with my Wife and daughters because I never know when it may end. And Seventh-Day Adventist it is!! I'm just still kind of new to it and still trying to figure out what is right for my family. Thanks for your input Thomas. Definately appreciated!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Oh okay. Maybe I misunderstood you. You certainly are enthusiastic and it's good you have priorities. Hope things with the family stay well, cheers Zai Jian!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Correct....and we rest in Him everyday....so what was the point you were trying to make with that?
My point was: How can he be Lord of the sabbath if the sabath day is no more?? And didn't Jesus consider saturday the sabbath with judaism?? If all days were days for rest, and devotion to God then nobody would be working. If I remember correctly Jesus was a carpenter. Working everyday except the sabbath!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Quote:
My point was: How can he be Lord of the sabbath if the sabath day is no more?? And didn't Jesus consider saturday the sabbath with judaism?? If all days were days for rest, and devotion to God then nobody would be working. If I remember correctly Jesus was a carpenter. Working everyday except the sabbath!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Look to the Spirit for the definition of "rest" and not man and you will find your answer. Keep in mind that we don't follow the letter of the law anymore but the spirit of the law.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Look to the Spirit for the definition of "rest" and not man and you will find your answer. Keep in mind that we don't follow the letter of the law anymore but the spirit of the law.
True, but wether the letter of the law, or the spirit of the law isn't it still Gods law??? And if His law isn't the ten commandments, then what are His laws??

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Oh okay. Maybe I misunderstood you. You certainly are enthusiastic and it's good you have priorities. Hope things with the family stay well, cheers Zai Jian!
Thank you, and I wish the same for you & yours. BTW I hope I'm not imposing, but What is Zai Jian???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,199,823 times
Quote:

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Christ is the shabbat ...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 PM

438 posts, read 912,430 times
Quote:
One mans junk is another mans treasure!!! And again, I never said I did not offend, just that I was sorry!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

But history is history; facts are facts.

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.
Thanks Be To God.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
But history is history; facts are facts.

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.
Thanks Be To God.
What history? What facts? The only thing you have stated is that I'm wrong, and my beliefs are junk. So lets hear your facts!!! I would love a history lesson!!! I'm always willing to learn.

GOD BLESS YOU, JOE TOWN MOM!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 06:52 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,244,909 times
Quote:
Thank you, and I wish the same for you & yours. BTW I hope I'm not imposing, but What is Zai Jian???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
"Zai Jian" is Chinese for "see you later."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity