U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,817,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Seeing then reading the posts on this person I would say with great but sad admiration for what I believe he sujected himself though was a complete waste. His/her thoughts were conceive by himself then actual doing to unlock the feminine side in him that he/she is probably feels good about is not something the Lord would see as a just and God fearing person would perform.

We can love his/her spirit but not the changes he had someone perform. I always thought and was taught that the body is not ours to do what we want. It is our eyes and our minds that bring us to do abnormal things to a body we were born with. If the body is deformed then some human gave us the disease to deform us. I have not changed however I am sure some would think I could use some plastic surgery......

Thanks and God Bless our Veterans and Troops

So if it is not yours to do with what you want, then who does it belong to? God? What does "god" do with your body? I'm guessing...nothing. Are you a puppet on a string? It is YOUR body. You are in control of it. You pick the food you put in it and the clothes you put on it. Give me 1 scripture saying a man can't wear make up and a skirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,810,835 times
^ What changes would God be unhappy with? I don't know that Victoria had surgery...it was only mentioned about the clothes.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 PM

580 posts, read 632,605 times
Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ( Isaiah 52:7)

Fear of opposition hinders us from preaching the gospel. Christ died for this.
Perfect love drives out fear.

1 Corinthians 9:16 Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

1 Corinthians 9:17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me.

1 Corinthians 9:18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.
2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,044,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Scripture please or else it's just an assumption and you know what that means?
The New Testament. The words of Jesus Christ.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,395,647 times
Quote:
We have a senior citizen transvestite Christian (who needs some tips on age appropriate ladies fashion but I won't judge ) being witnessed too with a gospel that many in here think is full of hate, venom, judgement and condemnation. WOW! This is not going to end peaceful nor respectful or will it? hmmmmm....

YouTube - Living Waters University: Victor or Victoria?
The sad thing is that the gal says God accepts us as we are and the speaker goes on to condemn him/her. And on and on... where is the focus on salvation?

When someone says they have a relationship with God and you say their God isn't the right one, their church isn't the right one.... Their dress sends them to hell, it's pathetic. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard to here someone berated like that in the name of God.

Oh but God cares, just not enough that you don't have to be perfect to have His grace...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 AM

37,574 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The sad thing is that the gal says God accepts us as we are and the speaker goes on to condemn him/her. And on and on... where is the focus on salvation?

When someone says they have a relationship with God and you say their God isn't the right one, their church isn't the right one.... Their dress sends them to hell, it's pathetic. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard to here someone berated like that in the name of God.

Oh but God cares, just not enough that you don't have to be perfect to have His grace...
The interviewer has no love in his witness. He is driven by his own ego and self-importance puffed up by his human pride in his "supposed" understanding of what God thinks and how God will judge this cross-dresser. Assuming the judgment of God is blasphemy . . . for no one knows the mind of God but Jesus.1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

The interviewer has never met God in his heart and has no idea what the TRUE NATURE of God is.Nothing he witnesses is true because it is only from an ignorant, blind literal reading of written words without any guidance or understanding and love from the Holy Spirit. The truth is written in our hearts and we cannot miss false witness . . . it feels mean-spirited, uncaring and spiteful with no semblance of love in it.

Hebrews 8:10-13

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 AM

5,739 posts, read 4,588,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The interviewer has no love in his witness. He is driven by his own ego and self-importance puffed up by his human pride in his "supposed" understanding of what God thinks and how God will judge this cross-dresser. Assuming the judgment of God is blasphemy . . . for no one knows the mind of God but Jesus.1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

The interviewer has never met God in his heart and has no idea what the TRUE NATURE of God is.Nothing he witnesses is true because it is only from an ignorant, blind literal reading of written words without any guidance or understanding and love from the Holy Spirit. The truth is written in our hearts and we cannot miss false witness . . . it feels mean-spirited, uncaring and spiteful with no semblance of love in it.

Hebrews 8:10-13

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
You speak the truth. Good post.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
So if it is not yours to do with what you want, then who does it belong to? God? What does "god" do with your body? I'm guessing...nothing. Are you a puppet on a string? It is YOUR body. You are in control of it. You pick the food you put in it and the clothes you put on it. Give me 1 scripture saying a man can't wear make up and a skirt.
Deut 22:5 A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

You did ask for this.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,044,054 times
Quote:
Scripture please or else it's just an assumption and you know what that means?
You're looking for the law.

The law has been fulfilled.

Instead of the Lord leading you down a road, because you cannot see Him, you are demanding a map, that you can hold in your hands, and see and read.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:
We have a senior citizen transvestite Christian (who needs some tips on age appropriate ladies fashion but I won't judge ) being witnessed too with a gospel that many in here think is full of hate, venom, judgement and condemnation. WOW! This is not going to end peaceful nor respectful or will it? hmmmmm....

YouTube - Living Waters University: Victor or Victoria?
I finally had a chance to watch this video and I was truly appauled. While I don't agree with the way the interviewer handled things...I also don't agree with calling yourself a Christian and continuing to live a sinful life. Someone had to point out to this man that the lifestyle he in engaging in is wrong and not pleasing to God especially if one professes to be a Christian. A lot of so called "Christians" and "Christian churches" believe it is OK to call evil good and I wholeheartedly disagree with that which is why the gospel is no uneffective in this day and time. I can't find anything in God's word where he said it was OK to follow Him and continue to live in sin, in fact, it says just the opposite. The mark of a true Christian is that you shed the old carnal man and become a new creature and live a life of holiness that is pleasing to God.

Before I get alot of hate responses...I want you all to know that my father is a closet cross dresser and my daughter is a lesbian but niether of them profess to be Christian. I love them both to death, as anyone would, because they are my family. However, I do not accept their lifestyles nor do I condone the way they live their lives because I know that it is not pleasing to God. They both know that I love them very much but they also know how I feel about the way they live and they keep it "in the closet", in respect for me, when I am around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity