U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 7,824,676 times
Reputation: 3304

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Deut 22:5 A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

You did ask for this.
I often wear my DH's pajama pants to bed and his shirts to work in the garden (don't tell, he hates when I do that, lol). Granted, I haven't seen him wearing any of my clothes so I guess that makes me an abomination.

BTW....did you make sure to have the priest come over the last time you found mold in your shower? And you stay away from people during your 'unclean' time right? Of course your neighborhood has a stoning pit for all of those unruly teenagers......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Nowhere'sville
2,345 posts, read 3,813,330 times
Reputation: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I often wear my DH's pajama pants to bed and his shirts to work in the garden (don't tell, he hates when I do that, lol). Granted, I haven't seen him wearing any of my clothes so I guess that makes me an abomination.

BTW....did you make sure to have the priest come over the last time you found mold in your shower? And you stay away from people during your 'unclean' time right? Of course your neighborhood has a stoning pit for all of those unruly teenagers......

Let's not forget the mixing of linen of wool....very evil. Oh and stoning our bad kids to death. This is a prime example of picking and choosing your favorite OT laws. Besides that the word "pertaineth" in that passage has something to do with armor and weapons. A woman was not supposed to wear armor or go to battle. I gotta go to work. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Nowhere'sville
2,345 posts, read 3,813,330 times
Reputation: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Deut 22:5 A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

You did ask for this.

Well so is it outlined in there what exactly IS a man and woman's clothing? You realize this is dictated by society right? It changes over time. Remember it used to be considered quite sinful for women to wear pants of any type cause it was a "man's" clothing. It changed didn't it. Now give me a NT example....I know ya'll don't follow ALL of the OT laws. Only the one's that you can fit into reality. I don't know of too many christians stoning their kids. It IS in the bible you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I often wear my DH's pajama pants to bed and his shirts to work in the garden (don't tell, he hates when I do that, lol). Granted, I haven't seen him wearing any of my clothes so I guess that makes me an abomination.

BTW....did you make sure to have the priest come over the last time you found mold in your shower? And you stay away from people during your 'unclean' time right? Of course your neighborhood has a stoning pit for all of those unruly teenagers......
Apparently you didn't see the sarcasm of my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well so is it outlined in there what exactly IS a man and woman's clothing? You realize this is dictated by society right? It changes over time. Remember it used to be considered quite sinful for women to wear pants of any type cause it was a "man's" clothing. It changed didn't it. Now give me a NT example....I know ya'll don't follow ALL of the OT laws. Only the one's that you can fit into reality. I don't know of too many christians stoning their kids. It IS in the bible you know.
Apparently, you've totally missed the boat here. It's not the he's wearing clothing that belongs to women it's that he is professing to be a Christian while living as a woman...there is a huge difference. I also wear my husband tee shirts but I don't walk around pretending to be a man...get it? Our nation has become so tolerant of deviant lifestyles and it is very disturbing.

Let me ask you a very serious question and I would like your honest opinion. Homosexuals claim to be born that way and want the rights that heterosexuals have involving marriage and family. As a nation we are headed toward giving them these rights. What will be the opinion of the nation when the Pedophiles also want their rights to live the way they want to? They also claim to be born that way but their lifestyle is no way acceptable to anyone that I know of. What is the difference between one deviant lifestyle and another? If we accept and tolerate one, why wouldn't we accept and tolerate another?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 7,824,676 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Apparently you didn't see the sarcasm of my post.
No I didn't and I wasn't the only one, it wasn't obvious. You didn't even use the or exaggerate to the point of absurdity....that would have been obvious. There are still people who would refer to the OT laws when convenient, it's not unusual at all to come across them in these forums and it's hard to tell the difference between mild sarcasm and off-base literalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 7,824,676 times
Reputation: 3304
Ah, it's obvious by your last post that you weren't being sarcastic at all, you were applying the OT law to this cross-dresser. By the same law you are also an abomination for wearing your husbands clothes. There is no exemption for you, or me, or this man. We're all in the same boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Ah, it's obvious by your last post that you weren't being sarcastic at all, you were applying the OT law to this cross-dresser. By the same law you are also an abomination for wearing your husbands clothes. There is no exemption for you, or me, or this man. We're all in the same boat.
You just don't get it....we are not under the "letter" of the law anymore. We are supposed living in the "spirit" of the law. What do you believe is the spirit of that law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 7,824,676 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You just don't get it....we are not under the "letter" of the law anymore. We are supposed living in the "spirit" of the law. What do you believe is the spirit of that law?
Maybe I don't get it....maybe you should explain to me what the 'spirit' of the law is. What is the 'spirit' of all of the other OT laws? What should I do now when I am unclean....I know the letter of that law...but how do I live in the spirit of that law today? And for mold, disobedient teens, eating unclean foods or touching unclean things...?? I don't know what the spirit of all of these laws is.

You see, in my Bible Jesus came to free us from the law, to fulfill it because it separated us from God, he did not come to rewrite it. You are rewriting it, saying we need to live in the spirit of the law instead of living in the Spirit of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Maybe I don't get it....maybe you should explain to me what the 'spirit' of the law is. What is the 'spirit' of all of the other OT laws? What should I do now when I am unclean....I know the letter of that law...but how do I live in the spirit of that law today? And for mold, disobedient teens, eating unclean foods or touching unclean things...?? I don't know what the spirit of all of these laws is.

You see, in my Bible Jesus came to free us from the law, to fulfill it because it separated us from God, he did not come to rewrite it. You are rewriting it, saying we need to live in the spirit of the law instead of living in the Spirit of God.
What Jesus freed us from was "man's traditions" of the law...they took the two laws which encompass the entire law and the prophets and made it something no one could follow or adhere to. Their traditions placed on yoke on the people that left them in nothing but condemnation because they could not follow it 100% percent. Jesus yoke is easy because we live by the Spirit. I interpret the spirit of that clothing law to mean that if you're born a man, you live the life of a man, marry, reproduce and multiply to fill the earth with the knowledge of the Lord.

You seem to be under the impression that I care about what this man wears...I couldn't give a mouse's behind what he wears. I do, however, have a problem with him professing to be a "Christian" while living a deviant lifestyle of sin pretending to be a woman and calling it good and acceptable to God when it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top