Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What will be the opinion of the nation when the Pedophiles also want their rights to live the way they want to? They also claim to be born that way but their lifestyle is no way acceptable to anyone that I know of. What is the difference between one deviant lifestyle and another? If we accept and tolerate one, why wouldn't we accept and tolerate another?
Wow..

How about TWO CONSENTING ADULTS...

See.. in your ridiculous Pedophile argument.. one of the participants is not an ADULT and probably isn't CONSENTING...

I mean using your wickedly out of this world futile argument.. Why do we let heterosexuals get married? Aren't there heterosexual Pedophiles out there?

Holy crap that is a weak argument..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl
Quote:
I do, however, have a problem with him professing to be a "Christian" while living a deviant lifestyle of sin pretending to be a woman and calling it good and acceptable to God when it's not.
Do ya really believe that only clothes make the man?
That a man who wears dresses can only be homosexual or bisexual?
Or are ya saying that a woman who acts butch and macho can't be a heterosexual woman at all?

Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl Do ya really believe that only clothes make the man?
Or are ya saying that a woman who acts butch and macho can't be a heterosexual woman at all?
And what if you where white after labor day!

"Ohhh Lordy I need a faintin' rag"

Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Wow..

How about TWO CONSENTING ADULTS...

See.. in your ridiculous Pedophile argument.. one of the participants is not an ADULT and probably isn't CONSENTING...

I mean using your wickedly out of this world futile argument.. Why do we let heterosexuals get married? Aren't there heterosexual Pedophiles out there?

Holy crap that is a weak argument..
I was just trying to make a point that tolerance for devaint lifestyles would mean tolerance for all...not just for some. Sin is still sin no matter how we try to sugar coat it...get my point? We can't call evil good when God clearly tells us that it is not.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl Do ya really believe that only clothes make the man?
Like I said in an earlier post...I don't give a mouse's behind what people wear or who they sleep with...that is their business. If that guy wants to run around in his frilly lingerie and look like an idiot, more power to him. I do, however, have a problem with him professing to be a "Christian" and living a sinful lifestyle that is totally against the teachings of God while claiming that lifestyle is acceptable to God. That is the problem I have with him...we are not be tolerant of anyone who continues living a sinful lifestyle especially when they've been shown that it is sinful and have no intention of changing their behavior. This is an extremely offensive witness to me, and should be to anyone, who proclaims to love the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I was just trying to make a point that tolerance for devaint lifestyles would mean tolerance for all...not just for some.
And I'm simply pointing out that your "point" makes no sense... at all.

I'll say it again:

Gay marriage would have zero affect on the legal status of pedophilia. Why?

1. Pedophilia has nothing to do with Gay marriage
2. Gay marriage & heterosexual marriage (also know as opposite marriage to Miss Carrie Prejean) is between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS.

Pedophilia is between 1 Adult and 1 Youth. Its understood by law that the "Youth" is NOT CONSENTING.

So your argument holds no water because the introduction of what you call "deviant" behavior having a legal status does NOT.. in ANY WAY.. overturn existing legal statutes..

now.. if you believe that we as a nation will somehow become more accepting of pedophilia BECAUSE we ultimately accepted and legalized Gay Marriage.. then you might have a leg to stand on. And by leg I mean a tack made of balsa wood submerged for 10 hours in water that has gasoline poured on it and then lit on fire... so suffice to say.. no leg to stand on.

We have an infrastructure in this country that does nothing to PROTECT children.. youths.. what have you. To even think that this country would somehow legalize.. pedophilia is absolutely reprehensible in my book and anyone who uses that as an example of why Gay Marriage shouldn't happen.. should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote:
Sin is still sin no matter how we try to sugar coat it...get my point? We can't call evil good when God clearly tells us that it is not.
Guess what.. U.S. Law is not predetermined based on what is written in the bible. What you think is a "sin" has no basis for legality in this country. U.S. Law really doesn't care what your beliefs are. U.S. law is predicated in basis on the Constitution..

I mean good god we have criminal laws out at a FEDERAL level protecting against this..

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C109a.txt

I guess you think that if Gay Marriage is legalized all these criminal laws will magically just disappear.. ~poof~

Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
And I'm simply pointing out that your "point" makes no sense... at all.

I'll say it again:

Gay marriage would have zero affect on the legal status of pedophilia. Why?

1. Pedophilia has nothing to do with Gay marriage
2. Gay marriage & heterosexual marriage (also know as opposite marriage to Miss Carrie Prejean) is between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS.

Pedophilia is between 1 Adult and 1 Youth. Its understood by law that the "Youth" is NOT CONSENTING.

So your argument holds no water because the introduction of what you call "deviant" behavior having a legal status does NOT.. in ANY WAY.. overturn existing legal statutes..

now.. if you believe that we as a nation will somehow become more accepting of pedophilia BECAUSE we ultimately accepted and legalized Gay Marriage.. then you might have a leg to stand on. And by leg I mean a tack made of balsa wood submerged for 10 hours in water that has gasoline poured on it and then lit on fire... so suffice to say.. no leg to stand on.

We have an infrastructure in this country that does nothing to PROTECT children.. youths.. what have you. To even think that this country would somehow legalize.. pedophilia is absolutely reprehensible in my book and anyone who uses that as an example of why Gay Marriage shouldn't happen.. should be ashamed of themselves.

Guess what.. U.S. Law is not predetermined based on what is written in the bible. What you think is a "sin" has no basis for legality in this country. U.S. Law really doesn't care what your beliefs are. U.S. law is predicated in basis on the Constitution..

I mean good god we have criminal laws out at a FEDERAL level protecting against this..

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C109a.txt

I guess you think that if Gay Marriage is legalized all these criminal laws will magically just disappear.. ~poof~
ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM....did you see that point that went totally over your head and past you?

OMGoodness....we are talking about Gods rules here not secular society. We already know how corrupt and ungodly our laws are, there is no need for a reminder.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM....did you see that point that went totally over your head and past you?

OMGoodness....we are talking about Gods rules here not secular society. We already know how corrupt and ungodly our laws are, there is no need for a reminder.
Sorry girly.. your words say otherwise..

Quote:
Let me ask you a very serious question and I would like your honest opinion. Homosexuals claim to be born that way and want the rights that heterosexuals have involving marriage and family. As a nation we are headed toward giving them these rights. What will be the opinion of the nation when the Pedophiles also want their rights to live the way they want to? They also claim to be born that way but their lifestyle is no way acceptable to anyone that I know of. What is the difference between one deviant lifestyle and another? If we accept and tolerate one, why wouldn't we accept and tolerate another?
so what non-secular society rights were you referring to in the above quote?

but you are right..

ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM.... your own comment went right over your head. Congrats.. I hear that is a difficult thing to do.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How about we witness first and then see if the Spirit of God tells us not to?
No. How about you quit witnessing to those people that aren't interested in your brand of crazy? If someone shows up at your church, feel free to witness. If someone knocks on your door and asks you for religious advice, feel free to witness. But don't witness without an invitation or you just look like an a$$.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No. How about you quit witnessing to those people that aren't interested in your brand of crazy? If someone shows up at your church, feel free to witness. If someone knocks on your door and asks you for religious advice, feel free to witness. But don't witness without an invitation or you just look like an a$$.
I would rather be a fool before man than before God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity