U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a hardcore catholic guy fall in love with an atheist?
Yes 7 30.43%
No 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:12 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,358,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Honestly, I think she will put up with me. I'm the problem. It goes back to Miss Blue's post. It's lust/infatuation, for sure. Coz I get all these mixed feelings only when I am away spending lone time in my apartment. When she's around, I'm forgetful of other things.
You know lust can lead to pain and despair in the end.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,220,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
My thoughts exactly . I'm just going to check the athiest forum to see if there are any of them seeking advice about having a relationship with a hardcore catholic .
I just don't understand why someone would want to marry another person whom they believe will be tortured by their God throughout everlasting?

Or vice-versa why someone would want to marry a person who believed that their(the catholic) God would torture them(the atheist) for everlasting ...

What would you tell your children if she died ... ?

"Don't worry Kids, you will see your mother again ... across the chasm in the fires of eternal torments ... "

Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,138,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I just don't understand why someone would want to marry another person whom they believe will be tortured by their God throughout everlasting?

Or vice-versa why someone would want to marry a person who believed that their(the catholic) God would torture them(the atheist) for everlasting ...

What would you tell your children if she died ... ?

"Don't worry Kids, you will see your mother again ... across the chasm in the fires of eternal torments ... "
Those type of believes are not necessarily Catholic, so I do not think that would be the issue.

Nobody can choose who they fall in love with but if you are able to wait until the first phase of falling in love is over and you can begin to look at a few issues with honesty and talk about them together you might get your answer.

For example, what will your respective position be once you have children? Would you teach them your faith? Would she permit it? Would you accept it if she didn't want to raise them in the Christian faith?
What would your and her position be towards issues such as abortion should you have to face the possibility?
And so on and so on.....

Old 10-08-2009, 04:58 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,460,109 times
if you are worried about such a scenario, isn't there something about one is made holy by their spouse?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 AM

7,793 posts, read 10,475,333 times
Closed per request
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity