Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Where is the scripture? God destroyed Paul?
Oh, here we go.

Tell me where Saul is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i have made it clear to you i am not talking about ET , i am talking about what you believe .

Forget ET altogether. What you believe according to your posts does not match up with the good news , it's based on the the requirements of the Law and dressed up with New Covenant verses that the Fundy's interpret as being something we need to do.

Here is a simple example of this, Fundy's love talking about repentance , they believe there was a day back in their lives where they repented ,but what they fail to tell you because they have never understood repentance,is that it was the goodness of God that caused them to repent(Romans 2 verse 4) , so the only logical conclusion you take from this is they think they did something to please God by their own repentance, in otherwords boasting i repented and not acknowledging that it was God that caused them to repent.

Now if you believe it was God that caused you to repent , why do Fundy's not use the very same thing(the goodness of God) to compel others to believe ?, Why is your message if you do not believe you are going to Hell ?, even if there was such a place.

Why when God's goodness caused you to repent do you feel the need to dig up Old covenant scriptures to justify your false gospel and condemn unbelievers with threats of hell, if there was such a place, if they don't believe and believers who disagree with your false gospel ?
I don't believe in a false doctine as you do. I never said the Law would will send you to heaven because It want, believing in Jesus will.

Everyone will not repent and go to the one that gives them life. Jesus even told those that they refused to come to Him to have life.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
the delusional thing was from the mindset of a UR perspective.

Hopefully, I'm understanding that by not denying the trinity is meaning to believe it and even more that you believe that Jesus is God!

I don't however accept the premise that the Bible has fallen from accuracy. I do admit, that cults like JW's and LDS have changed it to fit their ungodly beliefs. I have confidence that God will not allow it to go corrupted.

First and foremost, I'm a disciple of Christ,a product of Jesus' command to go and make disciples. Our church never considered R.C. as "the church". Yes, Luther was R.C., but the distinction of coruption is that God's Word in and of itself was not corrupted only those who were teaching it. Much like in Jesus' day...the word was true, the religious leader were not. I could in Luther's day, read the Bible and find the truth..just like in Jesus' day.

Don't get me wrong...Luther is no Jesus. Luther wasn't the first priest to confront R.C., just the one that was the right man, in the right place, at the right time (nothing happens by luck) who married the right nun. Luther's German Bible was the main stay for many year's until King James commissioned the version named after him.
I don't have a clue what you are talking about ... You are not making any sense ... You are a contradiction wrapped up in a dichotomy and laced tight in an oxymoron ... But that is what i have come to expect of fundamental religionists. Selah ...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I figured as much ... You just don't have the time ... Nor the love ... I accept that excuse, as i don't imagine you even could answer me with anything other than you rhetorical spin if you wanted to.

And i suppose you are always looking at your own errors right?

If you choose to rebuttal me at any time ill be here to answer so long as the lord is willing. I will explain to you as long as it takes because you are deceived. Selah ...
Yes, deceived you are

Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Christ will make all things new, but does the scripture say that He will make all things new, by bringing those out of the flames, well no it doesn't.

He's referring to being born again,
2 Corinthians 5:17 (King James Version)

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There is nothing in scripture that says that Christ will make all things new, meaning bringing those out of hell that he sent out of His sight.

Yes, Christ will make all things new. I don't argue that.

When I read the story of Sodom and Gemorrah, it is clear who is being restored.

Ezekiel 16:49-53

'However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before.

God restored Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, and Samaria and her daughters and their furtunes. Then it talks about their sister, Sodom with her dauthers and Sameria with her daughters. People use this scripture to say that God will restore those out of hell. When this scripture does not say that God will restore the entire population that was destroyed with Sodom, this scripture says Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, Samaria and her daughters with their furtunes.

This is just another example of people making scripture out to what it does not say.
Well you decided to take the time ... Good. I have to eat a late dinner, but i will respond shortly ...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, deceived you are
It is certainly possible ... I will not deny that i may be wrong... I am still learning. Again, I will respond after i eat ...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
I don't believe in a false doctine as you do. I never said the Law would will send you to heaven because It want, believing in Jesus will.

Everyone will not repent and go to the one that gives them life. Jesus even told those that they refused to come to Him to have life.
Well your very first post i responded to was full of statements about living up to God's standards , which we never have and never will in our own strength , the only way we live up to His standards is by God working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure , which you failed to mention in your posts , so the only conclusion is you believe you can do it in your own strength which is living under the law and not by grace.

Why would God cause you to repent and not your neighbor ? Think about this question soberly

Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (1 timothy 4:10)

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:19)

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (rev. 21:5)

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. (Col 1:20)

One scripture?

These are just a scant few of the many scriptures that proclaim god will reconcile all things, and make all things new, as God is the savior of all men. Who is twisting scripture?
Shame on you Ironmaw......you really need to stop quoting verses out of context...it shows your ignorance of the truth of the Word of God...I could prove every single solitary one of these verses that you have offered...(and any you may attempt to offer in the future,) that you have taken them out of context!!...and your truth is a lie!!...in the Name of Jesus!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well your very first post i responded to was full of statements about living up to God's standards , which we never have and never will in our own strength , the only way we live up to His standards is by God working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure , which you failed to mention in your posts , so the only conclusion is you believe you can do it in your own strength which is living under the law and not by grace.

Why would God cause you to repent and not your neighbor ? Think about this question soberly
I don't think God causes us to repent . . . but by leaning on him we can do all things . . .

I believe that when we learn how much he loves us, we want to change, not because of fear, but because we want to please Him . . . and He in turn gives us, who have a repentant heart, the ability to do so.

My neighbor, husband, brother, all have the same invitation, I am not special because I repented of some things.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Unicorn...
Was this speaking of an actual animal or what it was representing. There are other animals mentioned in the OT that we have no clue to what they where referring to.
Being that I don't profess to be a OT Hebrew scholar of the language, that wors was chosen for some reason. But eternal life, God's plan of salvation, or how to make disciples are dependent on what the animal that was being spoken of depends on the name correct of the animal.

That isn't the same as saying "all" infers that nobody goes to hell forever, when Jesus specifically says otherwise.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

" I don't have a clue what you are talking about ... You are not making any sense ... You are a contradiction wrapped up in a dichotomy and laced tight in an oxymoron ... But that is what i have come to expect of fundamental religionists. Selah ..."

Jesus heard the same thing..........

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-08-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity