U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,323 posts, read 20,055,628 times
Reputation: 2113

Advertisements

Hey Lifesign

Romans 2 verse 4

4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,113,386 times
Reputation: 636
I hear alot of talk about the old testament and new testament.

The bible had many prophecies that a Messiah was coming . . .I believe we all know many of them . . . Jesus fulfilled each and everyone of those prophecies.

He was our sacrifice . . . .

Jesus did not nail the commandments to the Cross . . .the Commandments ARE ALL LOVE.

The FIRST FOUR LOVE of God . . .the last Four LOVE of Others . . . Jesus just summed them all up.

When you look at these commandments and see that they are not rules, but guidelines . . . we want to keep them . . . .

Can we keep them all . . . . I believe in the flesh we cannot . . . but our heart's desire is to strive to keep them.

Can we cease from sinning . . . I think that if we are spirit filled . . .we also strive not to sin, I believe when we are spirit filled, we recognize sin more, and in many regards, I have separated from the "world", because what was once funny to me, is now vulgar, what was important in life, is no longer important, . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,113,386 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hey Lifesign

Romans 2 verse 4

4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance
Aaah . . .I can always count on you to make me search further and deeper.

I will think about this quote . . .

But what is confusing, is that God desires all to come to repentance . . . but yet, we no in this lifetime on earth, not all will? Y

The key word is leading, and I agree, that it is His love and His kindness that has led me . . . But . . . okay, I can't think of a but . . (Just when I think I have it all figured out!!!!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Christ will make all things new, but does the scripture say that He will make all things new, by bringing those out of the flames, well no it doesn't.

He's referring to being born again,
2 Corinthians 5:17 (King James Version)



17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There is nothing in scripture that says that Christ will make all things new, meaning bringing those out of hell that he sent out of His sight.

Yes, Christ will make all things new. I don't argue that.

When I read the story of Sodom and Gemorrah, it is clear who is being restored.

Ezekiel 16:49-53

'However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before.

God restored Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, and Samaria and her daughters and their furtunes. Then it talks about their sister, Sodom with her dauthers and Sameria with her daughters. People use this scripture to say that God will restore those out of hell. When this scripture does not say that God will restore the entire population that was destroyed with Sodom, this scripture says Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, Samaria and her daughters with their furtunes.

This is just another example of people making scripture out to what it does not say.
Well, ill answer now .. Seeing as your answer was just as i said it would be, rhetorical spin. The bible clearly states Christ will make all things new, which you rightly compared to 2 cor 5:17 ... All all will be born again ... Then you dropped the ball and reverted back to your usual rhetoric ...

Did the bible say that he will not take them out of the fire? No it doesn't therefore your rhetorical rebuttal falls short of relevance. Or do you suppose he will renew the people in hell (remember as you correctly demonstrated renew means born again) and then torture them forever?

Christ will renew all things Rev 21:5

Christ will recocnile all things whether in heaven or in earth to harmony with god ... Col 1:20

God will subdue all things to Christ and finally destroy death(even the second death) and god will be all in all no one will be separated from him.(1Cr 15:25-28)

All nations and all the people of the nations will sing the name of the father and rejoice and worship him and will learn righteousness because of his righteous judgments. (Isa 26:9, Psa 66:4,Psa 67:4,Isa 45:23,Rom 14:11)

Gods fiery judgments are for the purpose of purification and refining or cleaning them that are Judged, and his fiery judgments save them. (Mal 3:2,Sgs 8:6,1Cr 3:15)



Yes it is clear that he is restoring them because Israel sins were so much worse and he will restore Israel and her people as well. It is clear to me that you have difficulty comprehending what you read.


Selah ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-08-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,354,228 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well, ill answer now .. Seeing as your answer was just as i said it would be, rhetorical spin. The bible clearly states Christ will makes all things new, which you rightly compared to 2 cor 5:17 ... All all will be born again ... Then you doped the bal and reverted back to your usual rhetoric ...

Did the bible say that he will not take them out of the fire? No it doesn't therefore your rhetorical rebuttal falls short of relevance. Or do you supposed he will renew the people in hell (remember as you correctly demonstrated renew means born again) and then torture them forever?

Christ will renew all things Rev 21:5

Christ will recocnile all things whether in heaven or in earth to harmony with god ... Col 1:20

God will subdue all things to Christ and finally destroy death(even the second death) and god will be all in all no one will be separated from him.(1Cr 15:25-28)

All nations and all the people of the nations will sing the name of the father and rejoice and worship him and will learn righteousness because of his righteous judgments. (Isa 26:9, Psa 66:4,Psa 67:4,Isa 45:23,Rom 14:11)

Gods fiery judgments are for the purpose of purification and refining or cleaning them that are Judged, and his fiery judgments save them. (Mal 3:2,Sgs 8:6,1Cr 3:15)



Yes it is clear that he is restoring them because Israel sins were so much worse and he will restore Israel and her people as well. It is clear to my you have difficulty comprehending what you read.


Selah ...
I don't have a hard time comprehending what I read, I comprehend what is there. NOt what I want there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Shame on you Ironmaw......you really need to stop quoting verses out of context...it shows your ignorance of the truth of the Word of God...I could prove every single solitary one of these verses that you have offered...(and any you may attempt to offer in the future,) that you have taken them out of context!!...and your truth is a lie!!...in the Name of Jesus!
My truth is Jesus Christ who is the savior of all .. Including you Verna and your violent and hateful heart of stone. He will heal you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Unicorn...
Was this speaking of an actual animal or what it was representing. There are other animals mentioned in the OT that we have no clue to what they where referring to.
Being that I don't profess to be a OT Hebrew scholar of the language, that wors was chosen for some reason. But eternal life, God's plan of salvation, or how to make disciples are dependent on what the animal that was being spoken of depends on the name correct of the animal.

That isn't the same as saying "all" infers that nobody goes to hell forever, when Jesus specifically says otherwise.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

" I don't have a clue what you are talking about ... You are not making any sense ... You are a contradiction wrapped up in a dichotomy and laced tight in an oxymoron ... But that is what i have come to expect of fundamental religionists. Selah ..."

Jesus heard the same thing..........

Jesus said no such thing, your doctrine of hell is the amalgamation of 4 different words and three very different concepts in the bible. Your exegesis is simply lacking.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-08-2009 at 11:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I don't have a hard time comprehending what I read, I comprehend what is there. NOt what I want there.
Your heart is hard and you are lying to yourself. You have a spirit of violence and greed and cannot hear what the spirit is saying unto the churches ... But you will hear one day, and on that day the truth will set you free ... Praise god for his infinite mercies ... !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
 
1,711 posts, read 1,567,673 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I am not saying that Jesus didn't say anything in scripture, but I know He didn't say what you said.. You said that Jesus came to change the law, and that is not in scripture. Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, not change it.

If Jesus came to change the Law, then find scripture that says Jesus said that He was going to change the law. Because in my bible, Jesus is saying that He has not come to change the law but to fulfill it.

Yes, it does make a difference. When you say what God does or not do you could possibly be lieing and say what God didn't say. Yes, you are having to rephrase because you see your error.

I know the difference, I didn't wright law for covenant.
  • Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,354,228 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your heart is hard and you are lying to yourself. You have a spirit of violence and greed and cannot hear what the spirit is saying unto the churches ... But you will hear one day, and on that day the truth will set you free ... Praise god for his infinite mercies ... !
You have a heart that is deceived and you will hear ond day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top