U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 PM

3,587 posts, read 3,581,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
  • Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Jesus also said that He came to not abolish the law but to fulfill it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i have made it clear to you i am not talking about ET , i am talking about what you believe .

Forget ET altogether. What you believe according to your posts does not match up with the good news , it's based on the the requirements of the Law and dressed up with New Covenant verses that the Fundy's interpret as being something we need to do.

Here is a simple example of this, Fundy's love talking about repentance , they believe there was a day back in their lives where they repented ,but what they fail to tell you because they have never understood repentance,is that it was the goodness of God that caused them to repent(Romans 2 verse 4) , so the only logical conclusion you take from this is they think they did something to please God by their own repentance, in otherwords boasting i repented and not acknowledging that it was God that caused them to repent.

Now if you believe it was God that caused you to repent , why do Fundy's not use the very same thing(the goodness of God) to compel others to believe ?, Why is your message if you do not believe you are going to Hell ?, even if there was such a place.

Why when God's goodness caused you to repent do you feel the need to dig up Old covenant scriptures to justify your false gospel and condemn unbelievers with threats of hell, if there was such a place, if they don't believe and believers who disagree with your false gospel ?
Hell if there is such a place, I take it you read the Young's bible. The youngs bible even talks about Hades. I take it you take that part out.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM

1,491 posts, read 898,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Did I say that Christ abolished the law? I did not.

But is everyone under the law?
  • Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
  • Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
  • Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another
Is there a change of the law?
  • Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law

Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,736,698 times
Quote:
This is an out of context misunderstanding of what Jesus meant. The purpose of the OT was to provide the prophesies that Jesus would fulfill. That is what He is referring to . . . fulfilling the OT and the Old Covenant (which means to accomplish what the OT was supposed to accomplish within humankind). Of course not one jot or tittle will remain unfulfilled . . . otherwise how would anyone know of Jesus's success over 2000+ years of fulfilling that which was prophesied of Him.

But Jesus also had a more important role and it was costly to Him in human suffering. He came to demonstrate the TRUE NATURE of God to correct the WRONG descriptions attributed to God by the savage primitive minds who recorded the OT. (These were the same savage level of intellects that burned babies in sacrifices to Baal or Moloch). 2 Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

If you want to believe the interpretations of God's inspirations that were made by that kind of mentality as your guide to God's nature . . . so be it. I do NOT! I will use the mind of Jesus and His Holy Spirit as my guide . . . thank you.1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is an out of context misunderstanding of what Jesus meant. The purpose of the OT was to provide the prophesies that Jesus would fulfill. That is what He is referring to . . . fulfilling the OT and the Old Covenant (which means to accomplish what the OT was supposed to accomplish within humankind). Of course not one jot or tittle will remain unfulfilled . . . otherwise how would anyone know of Jesus's success over 2000+ years of fulfilling that which was prophesied of Him.

But Jesus also had a more important role and it was costly to Him in human suffering. He came to demonstrate the TRUE NATURE of God to correct the WRONG descriptions attributed to God by the savage primitive minds who recorded the OT. (These were the same savage level of intellects that burned babies in sacrifices to Baal or Moloch). 2 Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

If you want to believe the interpretations of God's inspirations that were made by that kind of mentality as your guide to God's nature . . . so be it. I do NOT! I will use the mind of Jesus and His Holy Spirit as my guide . . . thank you.1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
You are simply comprehending what is not there. What am I taking out of context. I simply put what Christ said.

Yes, I will continue on my path, while you continue on your path of things not found in scripture.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 4,266,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
  • Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
There ya' go ... Indeed ...

Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,736,698 times
Quote:
You are simply comprehending what is not there. What am I taking out of context. I simply put what Christ said.

Yes, I will continue on my path, while you continue on your path of things not found in scripture.
And this AFTER I quoted the relevant scripture.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Hell if there is such a place, I take it you read the Young's bible. The youngs bible even talks about Hades. I take it you take that part out.

Hades is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Sheol and means unseen, it is the grave not a torture pit in the after life.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:

Without the true spirit of love and Forgiveness for all which is the spirit of Christ, you will never be able to understand what Christ was saying or the apostles ... So long as your heart is hardened you will not know the truth.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM

1,491 posts, read 898,438 times
Quote:
But does the verse you quoted mean that Christ's coming did not bring a change of the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity