U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,567,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Exactly!!
Don't know what you mean. Who was "taken away" of Sodom other than the one's God destroyed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,353,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Don't know what you mean. Who was "taken away" of Sodom other than the one's God destroyed?
Who was taking away the captives were taking away? THe people who were destroyed were not taking captive they were destroyed by brimstone and fire from the Lord in Heaven.

When I bring back their captives, the captives of Sodom and her daughters, and the captives of Samaria and her daughters, then I will also bring back the captives of your captivity among them, that you may bear your own shame and be disgraced by all that you did when you comforted them. When your sister Sodom and her daughters return to their former state, then you and your daughters will return to your former state.

The Lord also showed mercy to Sodom and Samaria captives and brought them back.

THis would also be good to read

http://books.google.com/books?id=14H...20back&f=false

Well, I am about to call it a night/morning.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-09-2009 at 01:20 AM..

Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,578,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes.

I use the 1611 King James Version.
That's an excellent vintage. Let him who readeth-eth understandeth-eth

Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,839,300 times
Never has the remnant ever been "all" of humanity

Romans 9 selected verses:
"Isaiah cries out concerning Israel:
"Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea,
only the remnant will be saved."

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."....God's has mercy on some, others he doesn't. That is also God's will.

19One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

"But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?"

Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven;

"Never means never"

Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Who was taking away the captives were taking away? THe people who were destroyed were not taking captive they were destroyed by brimstone and fire from the Lord in Heaven.
So let me get this straight. God wiped out Sodom because of their abominations, but there were also some captives of Sodom whom God took away because of their abominations and they are the ones who Ezekiel is saying will be restored?!

When you read "took them away" what does that mean to you? Took away where?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Never has the remnant ever been "all" of humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Romans 9 selected verses:
"Isaiah cries out concerning Israel:
"Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea,
only the remnant will be saved."

Yet the NUMBER of the remnant is as the sand of the sea.

Quote:
"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."....God's will some he has mercy on, others he doesn't.

"...And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms"
"...and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy..."

Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 AM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Quote:
Hell if there is such a place, I take it you read the Young's bible. The youngs bible even talks about Hades. I take it you take that part out.
Miss Shawn Hell as in Eternal Hell is obviously what i meant , like i mentioned in one of the last posts to you even if there was eternal hell i still reject the gospel you believe in ,as it's based on Old Covenant principles dressed up with New Covenant bible verses that in the interpretation of them by fundamental Judahsized christians appear to be saying you earn salvation , it's grounded in the law and not by grace.

The fact of the matter is , the unconditional love and the infinite grace of God is a frightening thought to you fundy's, because you cannot bear the fact that salvation is free and not earnt.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 AM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Aaah . . .I can always count on you to make me search further and deeper.

I will think about this quote . . .

But what is confusing, is that God desires all to come to repentance . . . but yet, we no in this lifetime on earth, not all will? Y

The key word is leading, and I agree, that it is His love and His kindness that has led me . . . But . . . okay, I can't think of a but . . (Just when I think I have it all figured out!!!!!!)
Hi Lifesign

God accomplishes is desire

Isaiah 55

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

We know it's His desire for all men to come to repentance and we also know from His word that He is able to accomplish His own desire , we know from the above passage not only is He able and willing but He accomplishes it as well.

Now that's good news for all of mankind.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 AM

1,652 posts, read 1,714,251 times
Quote:
the dead are sometimes called prisoners or captives

Quote:
"Never means never"
"never" is not in the Greek text, the Greek phrase is eis ton aiona, according to the use of this phrase in the Septuagint this does not mean infinity, the KJV and similar translations are not reliable concerning this issue.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,353,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
the dead are sometimes called prisoners or captives

"never" is not in the Greek text, the Greek phrase is eis ton aiona, according to the use of this phrase in the Septuagint this does not mean infinity, the KJV and similar translations are not reliable concerning this issue.
This scripture is not talking about the dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or