U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,592,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post

Yet the NUMBER of the remnant is as the sand of the sea.

"...And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms"
"...and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy..."

Quote:
You have that backwards. It is not the remnant that is a large number, it's Israel.....

Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

This passage is saying even though Israel will be a great host of people (as the sand of the sea) Only a *remnant shall be saved.

I don't think you understand what a remnant is. God's has always, in every generation, had a remnant; a small number of people, that taught/teach the truth and have kept/keep the Gospel alive.

Example:
Ro 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

*remnant kataleimma #2640 means a few.

If you sew then you know/understand what a remnant of fabric is. It's a 'small piece' (usually about a 1/4 yard) left over from the end of the bolt of fabric. It's marked as a remnant because most people want to buy a larger piece of fabric.

If you don't sew yourself ask someone who does what a 'remnant' is.

Last edited by mshipmate; 10-09-2009 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,564,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You have that backwards. It is not the remnant that is a large number, it's Israel.....

Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

This passage is saying even though Israel will be a great host of people (as the sand of the sea) Only a *remnant shall be saved.

I don't think you understand what a remnant is. God's has always, in every generation, had a remnant; a small number of people, that taught/teach the truth and have kept/keep the Gospel alive.

Example:
Ro 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

*remnant kataleimma #2640 means a few.

If you sew then you know/understand what a remnant of fabric is. It's a 'small piece' (usually about a 1/4 yard) left over from the end of the bolt of fabric. It's marked as a remnant because most people want to buy a larger piece of fabric.

If you don't sew yourself ask someone who does what a 'remnant' is.
I know what that verse says.... I was referring to another verse which says that the NUMBER saved is as the sand of the sea, and since only a remnant is saved the NUMBER of the remnant is also the sand of the sea. As a wise lady once told me, the "remant is what's left when God is done remnanting". Remnant means remains.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I know what that verse says.... I was referring to another verse which says that the NUMBER saved is as the sand of the sea, and since only a remnant is saved the NUMBER of the remnant is also the sand of the sea. As a wise lady once told me, the "remant is what's left when God is done remnanting".

Would you be so kind as to post the Scripture passage that says the number saved is as the sand of the sea...

Thanks...

Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Would you be so kind as to post the Scripture passage that says the number saved is as the sand of the sea...

Thanks...
Hosea 1:9-10, plus all the promises to Abraham regarding his Seed... eg. Genesis 22:17

Old 10-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Hosea 1:9-10, plus all the promises to Abraham regarding his Seed... eg. Genesis 22:17
Hosea 1:9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Lo-Ammi" in Hebrew means "Not my people." This chapter, is a symbolic gesture, using Hosea's family as a reminder of what God did, to the House of Israel" (not Judah/Jews). To this day they remain two seperate Houses.

v. 10 looks to the future when Christ returns. Note it says, "Ye are the sons of the living God."

Who is the living God. Christ; who died and rose again.

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Hosea 1: 11 "Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land; for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

This "Day of Jezreel" is also called , the "Day of the LORD". It is the day that Israel will be restored with Judah as one people. We know this has not happened yet, but at the seventh trump, when our Lord Jesus Christ returns, this joining will take place. This is what Romans 11:14-16 is all about , the restoring of Israel.

Btw...Remember God divorced Israel, but not Judah.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
This "Day of Jezreel" is also called , the "Day of the LORD". It is the day that Israel will be restored with Judah as one people. We know this has not happened yet, but at the seventh trump, when our Lord Jesus Christ returns, this joining will take place. This is what Romans 11:14-16 is all about , the restoring of Israel.

Btw...Remember God divorced Israel, but not Judah.
I realize this is future... but it still says what I said.... that the number of the children of Israel (of whom it will be said "ye are the sons of God") will be as the sand of the sea, without measure or number.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:34 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:

"...And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms"
"...and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy..."
And that doesn't change the fact that its still a remnant....

Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I realize this is future... but it still says what I said.... that the number of the children of Israel (of whom it will be said "ye are the sons of God") will be as the sand of the sea, without measure or number.
Okay..now you're back tracking and trying to change what you said. Here is your quote from post #141:

Quote:
Now you are saying the children of Israel will be as the sand of the sea.

It was originally your remark about the remnant that I commented on as being wrong.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And that doesn't change the fact that its still a remnant....
There is more than one way to "remnant" people. You see only "subset". The number of the remnant is not "few" unless the stars of heaven and sand of the sea and without measure or number are few.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
There is more than one way to "remnant" people. You see only "subset". The number of the remnant is not "few" unless the stars of heaven and sand of the sea and without measure or number are few.
You are making no sense here. Where in the Scriptures does it equate the stars and the sand of the sea with the word remnant?

Again. The word remnant means few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or