U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,346,893 times
Reputation: 576

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
.

Living to God's standards where is this found in the New Covenant ?

Since when have you had the ability within yourself to actually do this ?
Please don't tell me by the Holy Spirit , because if you did believe it was by the Holy Spirit you would clearly have stated this.

You obviously believe you can attain to God's standard by your own strength , from reading this post.

This belief of yours and Verna's makes a mockery of the love,grace,mercy, the long suffering and the heart of God towards all His creation.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Miss Shawn your post does not resemble anthing like this portion of scripture. I am so grateful to God, that He who is love , does not love like man does, He loves/loved us at our very worst, now that is good news.

What fundamentalists really believeHypocrisy
Actually I am not, if you have the Holy Spirit, God still have standards that He wants for you to live by. If that was not the case, He would not have destroyed so many people in the OT. They were living the way they wanted to live and not by God's standards. Jesus said if you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Well, let's see why were the people in the OT killed, because they did what God told them not to do. They were not living the way that God said live. They were worshipping idols and other things that was displeasing to God. If you think what I am saying is not in scripture, I advise you to go back and read the entire bible.

It is a proven fact that people were killled, better yet wipped out due to God being displeased with their behavior. YOu can't hide that in scripture. The same loving God can destroy and wipe out.

What I wrote is a proven fact in scripture.

Quote:
Living to God's standards where is this found in the New Covenant
If you read the OT, you will see what God says to do and not to do. That is called living up to God's standards.

You can start with the 10 commandments. Do you think that God said worship no other God just to hear Himself speak. He said it for us to live and do it. That is a standard that He expects for us to do. There are things in the bible we are commanded to do. We are commanded to worship God, that is not a standard, that is a command. People in the OT worshipped idol gods and were killed for it. I know you hate to hear that God would do such a thing, but He means what He says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,253 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If you think it you have done it ... You will disagree with that as well i'm sure ...

Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.




Is that trivializing the law? But you who seek to be saved by the law are fallen from grace already ..

.


Gal 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Ironmaw it's funny you said that because Matt 5 : 28 was the very first thing that came to mind when i read that post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:41 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,821,504 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We (those of us who speak the word of reconciliation her in this forum and in other places) are in the process of beginning the soul and spirit surgery on the apostatized church so that the healing might begin at last. Many will benefit of this intervention in the ages, some will not and will have to have a transplant by God himself before they are able to be healed.
All the sins of mankind were paid for, Jesus issues this redemtion (like a coupon) freely. Not all will accept the coupon on God's terms.

Let's revisit Jesus' delusional statement:

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

For you to be correct, then you have the following:
1. Jesus doesn't seperate people.. on his left or right like a shepherd
2. Jesus is speaking to nobody on his left
3. God didn't prepare a place for the devil and his angels
4. Jesus hasn't be given all power and authority because the people don't depart from him
5. Jesus hasn't be given all power and authority because He curses them
6. Jesus doesn't love all people because curses them

I have been studing the common traits amoung cults and common traits of false teachings. The common links that most have are: (not to say that you are in a cult)

1. They deny the trinity
2. They deny that Jesus is God
3. They deny the accuracy and absoluteness of the Bible
4. They believe the church went apostate

When you say "the apostatized church", you're confirming the common traits. I know for a fact that some UR'ers (on this board) deny the trinity and Jesus is God. I know it's not coincidental.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-08-2009 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:42 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,253 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Actually I am not, if you have the Holy Spirit, God still have standards that He wants for you to live by. If that was not the case, He would not have destroyed so many people in the OT. They were living the way they wanted to live and not by God's standards. Jesus said if you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Well, let's see why were the people in the OT killed, because they did what God told them not to do. They were not living the way that God said live. They were worshipping idols and other things that was displeasing to God. If you think what I am saying is not in scripture, I advise you to go back and read the entire bible.

It is a proven fact that people were killled, better yet wipped out due to God being displeased with their behavior. YOu can't hide that in scripture. The same loving God can destroy and wipe out.

What I wrote is a proven fact in scripture.
What you wrote is not in the scripture , just your attempt to justify what you believe by the scripture and it isn't working.

So tell me if God kills people who do not live how He wants them to , how you did you manage to escape such wrath before you believed ?.

Complete and utter nonsense .

I asked for New Covenant scriptures.

This portion of scripture is in agreement with the New Covenant

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16"This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."[b] 17Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more."

Last edited by pcamps; 10-08-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ironmaw it's funny you said that because Matt 5 : 28 was the very first thing that came to mind when i read that post

That verse alone destroys any argument that "true christians" do not sin ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,253 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That verse alone destroys any argument that "true christians" do not sin ...
Exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
All the sins of mankind were paid for, Jesus issues this redemtion (like a coupon) freely. Not all will accept the coupon.
Indeed, and everyone will accept it in the fullness of times ... thorough faith now or through Gods righteous fiery judgments to come.

Quote:
Let's revisit Jesus' delusional statement:
Im sorry you think Jesus was delusional ...

Quote:
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

For you to be correct, then you have the following:
1. Jesus doesn't seperate people.. on his left or right like a shepherd
2. Jesus is speaking to nobody on his left
3. God didn't prepare a place for the devil and his angels
4. Jesus hasn't be given all power and authority because the people don't depart from him
5. Jesus hasn't be given all power and authority because He curses them
6. Jesus doesn't love all people because curses them
Your building a strawman argument that has nothing to do with what UR is about ... As usual ... I don't have to do any of those those above all i have to do is quote a more proper translation of the bible ...

Matthew 25:41
"Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;"

That is the UR argument, but you already know that.

Quote:
I have been studing the common traits amoung cults and common traits of false teachings. The common links that most have are: (not that UR is a cult)

1. They deny the trinity
2. They deny that Jesus is God
3. They deny the accuracy and absoluteness of the Bible
4. They believe the church went apostate
1. I do not deny the trinity ...
2. I do not deny that Jesus is God ...
3. I do believe that the bible has been mistranslated in many ways ... We have provided proofs of this throughout these threads ... even the bible itself, in the book of revelations, warns against people adding to or taking away words from the bible. God knew it would happened and John wrote to us about it.

Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.


An example of just one mistranslation ...

the Hebrew word re'em was translated as unicorn in Num 23:22, Num 24:8, Job 39:9, Job 39:10, Psa 29:6, Psa 92:10 ...

Re-em is not a unicorn it was/is most likely either a great auroch/wild bull, or a rhinoceros ...

Do you believe in unicorns?

Also the word owloam has shown to be mistranslated numberous times throughout the old testament, one time in reference to Solomons temple it is translated as everlasting, which we all know was destroyed...

1Ki 8:13
I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever(olam).

Obviously God is not in the temple of Solomon any more, he had it destroyed.



4. You are a protestant aren't you? Then you yourself believe the church went apostate ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-08-2009 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,346,893 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What you wrote is not in the scripture , just your attempt to justify what you believe by the scripture and it isn't working.

So tell me if God kills people who do not live how He wants them to , how you did you manage to escape such wrath before you believed ?.

Complete and utter nonsense .
LOL, you just don't want to accept the facts.

If God didn't do it then who did?

For hundreds of years, God had told the people of Israel that He is to be treated as holy. God wasn't some casual creation of man. He and the things He had made for His worship were to be treated with the greatest of respect. Early on, two priests lost their lives because they treated God's worship in a casual manner. "Then Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before the LORD, which He had not commanded them. So fire went out from the LORD and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. And Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke, saying: 'By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.'" So Aaron held his peace" (Leviticus 10:1-3).

If God didn't do this, then who did? Nadab and Abihu were buned up by the Lord for sacrificing profane fire.

(Acts 5:1-11). Ananias and His wife were killed by the Lord for lieing to the Holy Spirit. So, was it not the Lord?

"Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off" (Romans 11:22). This is an perfect example that God means what he says. You must have not read this.

Geeeze Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed due to the lord not finding 10 people. So, was it not the Lord that commanded the angel to destroy the wicked people? I take it you didn't see that either.


Er who was "wicked in the sight of the Lord

Gen 38:7
" And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

Onan for spilling his seed

Gen 38:10
And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

YOu must have missed the plagues that God sent with other things.

There are so many examples in the OT and you say that I made it up, you just over look it and don't want to believe it. If the Lord didn't do it then who did?

You ask for New Testament scriptures well look at Anaias and His wife. You don't fall dead by your own power, God did it for lieing to the Holy Spirit.

Then you have Herod

Acts 12:23
And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-08-2009 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,253 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Miss Shawn how did you ecape God's wrath before you believed if He(God) went around killing all who did not do as He wanted ????????.

Do you not find it strange that 99% of the scripture you quote to justify what you believe is OLD COVENANT.
Now how do you tie this mad angry vengeful God with just this one of hundreds of NEW COVENANT scriptures that state otherwise.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I think you will find i did ask where in the New Covenant , check your reply to me before you think i edited it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,346,893 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Miss Shawn how did you ecape God's wrath before you believed if He(God) went around killing all who did not do as He wanted ????????.

Do you not find it strange that 99% of the scripture you quote to justify what you believe is OLD COVENANT.
Now how do you tie this mad angry vengeful God with just this one of hundreds of NEW COVENANT scriptures that state otherwise.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
I am not making scripture out to what I believe. I simply quoted what is in scripture. You seem to have a problem with what God did. I never said that God was not a loving God.

God is a loving God, who can destroy. Am I lieing or is scripture lieing?

Do you have a problem with what God did?

If I am lieing and God didn't do as these scriptures say, then who did me or others? How did the other people excape God's wrath, while others didn't?

No, I don't find it odd, because I believe the entire bible. I find it odd that somone over looks what is simply in scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top