U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM

581 posts, read 635,197 times

Advertisements

We are saved by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus. Jesus fullfilled the law. With his help we are to uphold the law. The power of his blood, Name and resurrection helps us to do this. We cannot do it by ourselves. This is why there is a need for the Savior. Everyday we depend upon Him to save us. I can do nothing on my own. No man can boast! This is a point of our relationship with Jesus. That we can count on his grace in the time of need, to be obedient. Perseverance and patience of the saints. Keep asking for help and recieve the grace of help from the Lord. Faith-he will work mightily in you to accomplish his Word, for it will not come back void. With Jesus everyday is the first day of the rest of all eternity. He is working out my salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." [ Isaiah 49:8] I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
Today is the day the Lord has made.
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Romans 3:31
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
Philippians 2:12 [ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, We have not arrived yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 PM

30,411 posts, read 20,155,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I don't defend the OT, I defend the bible, the OT and the NT. I believe what Jesus says, when He says depart from me, I don't see Him saying that He will bring those people back into His presence. That is what I believe.

I don't have a problem with everyone going to heaven, and honestly I want everyone to go. But until I see or read that God will bring those very same people away from His presence to bring them back. Then I will believe it. You are free to believe what you want.
Like i said ET is not the issue , i actually believed in ET myself for a number of years , but i believed the gospel was faith in the grace of God and not threatening believer and unbeliever alike with ET .

From what i can gather from reading your posts is that you are well acquainted with the scriptures , but your application and understanding of them is way off. Your message is a fusion of OC and NC with law taking the pre-emminence over Grace.
If you click and read this link
Hypocrisy you will see how your posts along with the rest of the Judahized fundamental christians posts match up to these false expressions.

The scriptures testify of Jesus who is the way,the reality and the life.

The same Jesus who loved us/loves us at our worst.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,366,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like i said ET is not the issue , i actually believed in ET myself for a number of years , but i believed the gospel was faith in the grace of God and not threatening believer and unbeliever alike with ET .

From what i can gather from reading your posts is that you are well acquainted with the scriptures , but your application and understanding of them is way off. Your message is a fusion of OC and NC with law taking the pre-emminence over Grace.
If you click and read this link
Hypocrisy you will see how your posts along with the rest of the Judahized fundamental christians posts match up to these false expressions.

The scriptures testify of Jesus who is the way,the reality and the life.

The same Jesus who loved us/loves us at our worst.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
I am not argueing that Jesus loves us at our worst because I believe that. I believe the entire bible. I not only take the NT, I also take the OT, because we need both to understand each other. I know that God died for us while we were sinners, I never said that He didn't. I never said that Jesus loved us at or worse, I just want believe what is not in scripture.

My understanding is what is there. I take scripture for what it says not for what I want it to say. If Jesus says that He will send those away out of His presence, then I believe. I don't take my opinion and then say, well Jesus might bring them out of that fire, without scripture backing that up.

I notice people here take things that Jesus said and then, some even say, well I think that He will eventually. Well, eventually may just be wrong. There is nothing in scripture that says that God will eventually bring them out of the flames.

Jesus is the one that sends those out of His sight into the flames, and I don't see any scripture that says that He will bring them out of that fire.

I will not believe what is not there. I am actually about to go to the gym. It was nice talking with you, but my time is up.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,232,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
We are saved by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus. Jesus fullfilled the law. With his help we are to uphold the law. The power of his blood, Name and resurrection helps us to do this. We cannot do it by ourselves. This is why there is a need for the Savior. Everyday we depend upon Him to save us. I can do nothing on my own. No man can boast! This is a point of our relationship with Jesus. That we can count on his grace in the time of need, to be obedient. Perseverance and patience of the saints. Keep asking for help and recieve the grace of help from the Lord. Faith-he will work mightily in you to accomplish his Word, for it will not come back void. With Jesus everyday is the first day of the rest of all eternity. He is working out my salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." [ Isaiah 49:8] I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
Today is the day the Lord has made.

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Romans 3:31
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
Philippians 2:12 [ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, We have not arrived yet.
I appreciate your words... I do not know you but if you are as strong in the flesh as you speak of being i can only commend you ...

However i understand sanctimony as being sin as well ...

As Paul said he had a thorn in the flesh which he said God made dispensation for Satan to thwart him ...

2 Cor 12:7-9
7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Paul prayed for god to help him with his weakness or thorn in the flesh, a certain sin which he did not fully elaborate, and God would not deliver him of it ... The reason being that God strength is perfected in our weaknesses. So the grace of Christ is only of value when we are in sin to some degree or another. No one is ever free of sin or ever will be in this world, and God prefers it that way ... Even as Christ said himself ...

Luk 18:10-15

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Do i exhort any to sin? Not at all ... I only speak about the fallacious tales some men tell about their own strength in the flesh. None are righteous, not one. And i am thankful to god for his grace in Christ, so that in my weaknesses he is manifest to be strong.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I am not saying that Jesus didn't say anything in scripture, but I know He didn't say what you said.. You said that Jesus came to change the law, and that is not in scripture. Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, not change it.

If Jesus came to change the Law, then find scripture that says Jesus said that He was going to change the law. Because in my bible, Jesus is saying that He has not come to change the law but to fulfill it.

Yes, it does make a difference. When you say what God does or not do you could possibly be lieing and say what God didn't say. Yes, you are having to rephrase because you see your error.

I know the difference, I didn't wright law for covenant.
Miss shawn, i rephrased to clarify ... I was not making the argument you seem to think i was making. I was not referring to the law of sin and death, I was referring to the code/law of the Jews that said hate thine enemies ... And that is what they believed, and why they stoned their own children for disobedience(Deuteronomy 21:18-21) and killed people for all manner of transgressions, while Christ said let he who is without sin cast the first stone and showed them that the law was not capable of saving them but only forgiveness. Gods forgiveness and their own forgiveness of themselves and everyone else. I believe you are looking for any weak link in my armor so you can exploit it to justify your disagreements with me. But i think you know what i really meant. Nevertheless i did rephrase it for the sake of clarification of my intended meaning.

Now do you care to address any of the other things that i posted seeing as we have answered your only quibble with my posts so far?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:37 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,709,934 times
God destroyed Saul.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,366,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Miss shawn, i rephrased to clarify ... I was not making the argument you seem to think i was making. I was not referring to the law of sin and death, I was referring to the code/law of the Jews that said hate thine enemies ... And that is what they believed, and why they stoned their own children for disobedience(Deuteronomy 21:18-21) and killed people for all manner of transgressions, while Christ said let he who is without sin cast the first stone and showed them that the law was not capable of saving them but only forgiveness. Gods forgiveness and their own forgiveness of themselves and everyone else. I believe you are looking for any weak link in my armor so you can exploit it to justify your disagreements with me. But i think you know what i really meant. Nevertheless i did rephrase it for the sake of clarification of my intended meaning.

Now do you care to address any of the other things that i posted seeing as we have answered your only quibble with my posts so far?
If I knew what you meant I would have said so. I don't have to expose your weakness, you do a perfect job of that on your own.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 PM

30,411 posts, read 20,155,655 times
Quote:
I am not argueing that Jesus loves us at our worst because I believe that. I believe the entire bible. I not only take the NT, I also take the OT, because we need both to understand each other. I know that God died for us while we were sinners, I never said that He didn't. I never said that Jesus loved us at or worse, I just want believe what is not in scripture.

My understanding is what is there. I take scripture for what it says not for what I want it to say. If Jesus says that He will send those away out of His presence, then I believe. I don't take my opinion and then say, well Jesus might bring them out of that fire, without scripture backing that up.

I notice people here take things that Jesus said and then, some even say, well I think that He will eventually. Well, eventually may just be wrong. There is nothing in scripture that says that God will eventually bring them out of the flames.

Jesus is the one that sends those out of His sight into the flames, and I don't see any scripture that says that He will bring them out of that fire.

I will not believe what is not there. I am actually about to go to the gym. It was nice talking with you, but my time is up.
Did you know the introduction of the New Covenant made the Old Covenant OBSOLETE.

Under the Old Covenant God couldn't help but find fault with the people , so He fixed that by a New Covenant whereby He was no longer finding fault like He did under the Old Covenant.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said[b]:
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."[c]
13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

The fundamentalist persist in reviving that which God has made obsolete.

Fundamentalist need to believe what God has done , rather than focusing on the short comings of mankind .

Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
If I knew what you meant I would have said so. I don't have to expose your weakness, you do a perfect job of that on your own.

Indeed ... Then please help me understand what else i posted in the past few posts to you in specific that is wrong. Show me the error of my ways and explain yourself. Or do you simply choose to ignore what i said altogether? Will you not respond to my posts and my accusations?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM

581 posts, read 635,197 times
Love the person, not the sin in them. Otherwise, keep your eyes on Jesus and do not let what others do sway you. Do not put anyone above God and his commandments. Love him first, seek him first. Love your neighbor as yourself, do unto others as you would want done to you, even if they are enemies.
Also, when you are saved, reconciled back to God and are called his child. Children of the Most High God. We are hidden in Christ.
The children of the world, are of the world. They do the things of this world. They do not believe in God or his commandments. My their fruit (deeds) you can tell if they belong to God. The children of God do the things God does, with his help. Come out from among them and be separate.
This world is beautiful, but it is fading. Dying, just as our earthly bodies. For Christians, this is not our home. We long for the home in heaven where our Savior lives, for we know it is far better than this earth. And we know we will recieve new bodies that will last forever and never die. We love the earth for God created it, but we also know this is not our permanent home. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or