U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,807 times

Advertisements

Nope, I never take anything in the book of revelation at face value alone.

The writer of revelation has went out of his way to point out to us that there is a heavy use of the symbol in his writings...

Thus I stand behind my view that it is silly to take the BORG CUBE as being a literal thing as such...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Nope, I never take anything in the book of revelation at face value alone.

The writer of revelation has went out of his way to point out to us that there is a heavy use of the symbol in his writings...

Thus I stand behind my view that it is silly to take the BORG CUBE as being a literal thing as such...
Could be a pyramid. Nicer shape.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:03 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,131,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Can you expand on this? Are you talking about aliens...from other planets?
Yes. There are billions of other inhabited planets. God would not have such vast universes and only have one inhabited planet and one species.
There are 7 universes from what I understand. God will not just pick out one planet for heaven. The kingdom of God is within. If we look outside, we will not find God.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:22 AM

30,138 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
I dont know the size just as long as my mansion is up there waiting for me to occupy
If there are many mansions ? there will a lot of them unoccupied because we are told by the Fundy's that only a few will be saved
A favorite bible verse of there's "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.".

I don't think Jesus was actually talking about physical bricks and mortar to be honest.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,108,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I believe you are confusing the new city of Jerusalem which shall come down from heaven with heaven. The word heaven or heavens only refers to the sky and space above, and the eternal sphere of the divine beyond that. The new city of Jerusalem was measured by John and was aprox. 1,500 miles wide, 1,500 mile long, and 1,500 miles tall ... That is to say when you translate the cubits into miles ...

Yes your right, before I posted, I had confusion about that, but now I am learning so much from this post, thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,197,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Yes your right, before I posted, I had confusion about that, but now I am learning so much from this post, thanks.
Your welcome friend ...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 AM

241 posts, read 381,797 times
Default what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If there are many mansions ? there will a lot of them unoccupied because we are told by the Fundy's that only a few will be saved
A favorite bible verse of there's "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.".

I don't think Jesus was actually talking about physical bricks and mortar to be honest.

In my Father house there are many mansions and I am going one day to be with him and live in my mansion that is what I know is true that is what I know is real.I don't know who the fundysbut they need to pray for understanding of God word.
"But strait is the gate and narrow is the way,and yes there will be few that find it because of the fundys teaching and beliefs

Old 10-21-2009, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 993 times
Default To Katjonjj, Concerning The New Jerusalem

To: Katjonjj: You seem like an intelligent person. But you may not be as educated on the subject as you may think, concerning The Dimensions of The New Jerusalem. You say that The Dimensions Of The New Jerusalem Given To Us In The Bible should NOT be taken literally because there would not be enough room for everyone to fit comfortably?

Ok lets expand a little bit. What if The New Jerusalem is hyperdimensional? You see its gets tricky when we try to explain The Supernatural Things Of God with our limited understanding living in our limited 3 dimensions.

You said: "Again, the measurements from a purely mathematical standpoint are outrageous fiction/symbolic, not to be taken literally."

The measurements are outrageous why? Because YOU can't figure out how it makes sense? It can be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could be raised from the dead after 3 days. It could be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could turn water into wine. It could be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could take 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and multiply it and feed over 5,000 people.

We need to be more humble and realize that we don't have to understand everything in order for it to be. Some things are just outside of our ability to grasp, as we are right now.

God said that His Word would NOT come back to Him void. God gave us The Dimensions for The New Jerusalem, and It's going to be JUST like He said. Open your mind a bit.

If you want to learn more on this subject of hyperdimensional space etc.

Check this out and MANY more of this man's teachings. I would recommend NO ONE else above this man concerning these things.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6dflt7UyU8]YouTube - Chuck Missler- Heaven or Hell 1 of 15[/url]

Contact me at youtube.com/robthizzzle

Peace

Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Yes. There are billions of other inhabited planets. God would not have such vast universes and only have one inhabited planet and one species.
There are 7 universes from what I understand. God will not just pick out one planet for heaven. The kingdom of God is within. If we look outside, we will not find God.
Jesus said that Himself.....why doesn't anyone believe Him

Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

218 posts, read 268,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I dont believe in any of that stuff about heaven being the shape of some BORG CUBE....'

It's like , when the Bible tells us that there are angels at the 4 CORNERS of the earth, I dont believe that the earth actually has 4 corners, or any corners at all actually.

I do not believe that the things recorded in both Ezekiel and Revelation are to be viewed in such a manner as people can bring out a tape measure and track down things to the nearest inch.
The 4 corners of the earth are north, south, east and west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity