U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM

55 posts, read 69,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
heaven was approximately the size of the state of North Carolina.
that is interesting that it would be that size or 1500 miles L W H that

would fit a considerable amount of people seeing how if we were to take

all the people in the world and put them in the state of Texas each person

would still have ample room for personal space
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,134,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jesus said that Himself.....why doesn't anyone believe Him
Apparently, most biblers haven't figured it out yet. But they still know the size of heaven by reading a book. If God is within, then it would make sense that the size of heaven is infinite.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,392,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robthizzzle View Post
To: Katjonjj: You seem like an intelligent person. But you may not be as educated on the subject as you may think, concerning The Dimensions of The New Jerusalem. You say that The Dimensions Of The New Jerusalem Given To Us In The Bible should NOT be taken literally because there would not be enough room for everyone to fit comfortably?

Ok lets expand a little bit. What if The New Jerusalem is hyperdimensional? You see its gets tricky when we try to explain The Supernatural Things Of God with our limited understanding living in our limited 3 dimensions.

You said: "Again, the measurements from a purely mathematical standpoint are outrageous fiction/symbolic, not to be taken literally."

The measurements are outrageous why? Because YOU can't figure out how it makes sense? It can be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could be raised from the dead after 3 days. It could be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could turn water into wine. It could be frustrating to try to figure out how a man could take 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and multiply it and feed over 5,000 people.

We need to be more humble and realize that we don't have to understand everything in order for it to be. Some things are just outside of our ability to grasp, as we are right now.

God said that His Word would NOT come back to Him void. God gave us The Dimensions for The New Jerusalem, and It's going to be JUST like He said. Open your mind a bit.

If you want to learn more on this subject of hyperdimensional space etc.

Check this out and MANY more of this man's teachings. I would recommend NO ONE else above this man concerning these things.

YouTube - Chuck Missler- Heaven or Hell 1 of 15

Contact me at youtube.com/robthizzzle

Peace
I have no problem with it being hyperdimensional if that is what you want to think... I do have a problem with people saying that it will be on earth literally. My post was to point out that 1500 or 1200 miles in length and width is plausible but when you ignore that it is also that many miles high... then it becomes clear that it is not on the earth as we know it...

My problem is also that no one as died and "lived" to tell... so there will never be an answer... However just using the description given in the bible.. it is impossible for something to be 1500 miles high on earth. The new earth and new heaven aren't described as being different in dimension from the old one.. so it is all speculation. From what we know of earth and space though.. there is no way it could be that height. But.. like I said... there will never be an answer that will satisfy all..

Good luck with your studies.

BTW-Missler is a believer in some crazy stuff in my opinion and I don't take stock in much he says... he claims to know things that are impossible to know. Also he seems to transform simple things into complex.. out of this world.. things.. not someone I would listen to. But thanks for the link.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,647,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Lifesigns, the New Jerusalem being 1500 miles on each side as well as its height could mean either a cube shape or a pyramid shape. I personally would prefer a pyramid shape as I think it's a more pleasing shape. Which would you prefer?

Now that's a "fair-sized" city, in anybody's language. I would also think heaven extends outside the city walls as well as inside...the total size is going to be unimagineable...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity