U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,685,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
If your doctrine is tuth, then:

There is no point in preaching the Gospel.
There is no point in witnessing by our actions.
There is no point in living a righteous life.
There is no point in even believing in God.
There is no point in believiing on the name of Jesus.
There is no point in submission to Christ as King.
There is no point in searching the scriptures daily seeking God's Truth.
Actually you have no idea what your talking about.

Quote:
Now how can I say these things?
Because you have no idea what your talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 08:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Quote:
Peace was made through the cross. God's goodwill was that Jesus came, fulfilled His mission given to Him by the Father.

How do people change this to,,,getting peace and goodwill? Or creating peace and goodwill? Jesus, Himself, said He didn't come to grant peace, but rather division.

"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division."

Jesus IS the peace and goodwill of God the Father.

Really? Let us see what the Bible says:

But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Do you understand this verse?

The saving power of the blood that He shed is big enough for the whole world, but what must a person do to be saved according to scripture?

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" And the answer?

"Believe IN the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Case closed.

Does it really matter WHAT you are saved from? Even IF there was no firey torment, and even IF there was no final soul death, and even IF it was only a punishment, and even IF it was any sin that stood between God and yourself,,,would you not do ANYTHING you could to seek out the means for reconciliation? His name is Jesus. This is what was taught by the Apostles. You are not automaticallly reconciled. But it doesn't change the fact that the means of reconciliation has been accomplished.

And no, this is not a works based salvation. But yes, you must believe and have faith in Jesus as Lord. If a person thinks that the thoughts, feelings, and actions resulting from what they believe is called a works based salvation?? Then I have nothing else to add.

Because it is our Faith IN Jesus that saves us. Walking by the Spirit, a person who is being born again will not carry out the desires of the flesh, as the flesh sets itself against the Spirit and what Christ did on the cross.

For Christ also died for sins once for all, Just for unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit;

This does not change the fact that a person MUST believe IN Jesus Christ in order to be saved. There is no getting around this fact, no matter how much the message is sugarcoated.

If your doctrine is tuth, then:

There is no point in preaching the Gospel.
There is no point in witnessing by our actions.
There is no point in living a righteous life.
There is no point in even believing in God.
There is no point in believiing on the name of Jesus.
There is no point in submission to Christ as King.
There is no point in searching the scriptures daily seeking God's Truth.

Now how can I say these things?

Because. If your gospel is true, then why would anyone want to go down the road of belief, and all the questions and sometimes falsehoods that come with it, if everyone gets saved anyway?

Remember Jesus told the Pharisees that they searched across the seas looking for disciples to bring into the Jewish faith, only to make them twice the sons of hell as they already were. Remember Peter says this:

For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.

So really, by doing the things I listed above, in all the truth according to you, then it really would have been better to never have known all this stuff about God(them dang preachers), then to have waged this Holy War between my flesh and the Spirit,,,,right?

I could have just lived a peaceful life, not knowing I am saved already for my sins. The Spirit would not have convicted me of the sins I was committing, and the battle over all this doctrine would never be taking place, and I could have just been free to live my life however I wanted to without the trials and tribulations going on right now?? Right?

WRONG! I welcome my trials and tribulations. It draws me closer to God daily. I forsook the riches of this world, to live my life closer to God. I thank Jesus Christ for giving His life for little 'ol me. I know that He would have done it, even if I was the only sinner on the planet. This is how much He loves me, and in return, my life is His. He can do with me as He chooses to, as He is my King. I have this faith, and it is solid. I do not question it, nor do I question His commands.

We are to love one another, showing them the path laid out for the whole world to bring them to God. It brings them to the Cross, but not just to it,,,but rather through it. Our lives we lead are a testimony for the heavens and the world to show them who we are, as Christians, as followers of Jesus. It is the deep binding love we have for God that gives us the strength needed to carry on. If God decides we need a test, then welcome it. If God decides our time is up, then we go home. If God's will for anything needs done, it is.

God desires that all men be saved. For this, He sent His Son. Now, on our part? There is no excuse we can give, as all men are given a measure of Faith. There is no Law to follow to grant us salvation or justification before God. There is nothing we can do, except believe. It is the only command given to us, to start with, as babes being born IN Chirst. Believe upon the Name of the only begotten Son of God.

After which there is more for us Christians to do, as subjects to a Higher Kingdom. It is called maturing, as we grow daily.

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
Dear Hot, I tried to give you a rep, but I have to spread it around. So here is a big Amen! for you.

God Bless you brother,
Verna.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear Hot, I tried to give you a rep, but I have to spread it around. So here is a big Amen! for you.

God Bless you brother,
Verna.
Thank you Verna!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you really think ...
What I really think is,
Is that there are some of us that are like a one trick pony .
Regardless of the OP's topic there are just some people that have to twist every topic into being about their favorite topic. (Because thats all they ever got)

But while talking about Flying Monkeys is interesting once in a while , that is not the topic here...

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually you have no idea what your talking about.
Actually, you are right, I don't. Because when I awoke this morning, this is what I was led to write. So take it or leave it....

Meanwhile, since your doctrine is false??

I will keep preaching the Gospel, revealed to me, as TRUTH!
I will witness by my actions.
I will try to live a righteous life, by what His Word has revealed.
I will keep my Faith, by believing in God.
I will keep believiing on the name of Jesus Christ.
I will submit to Jesus Christ as King not serving anyone else.
I will search the scriptures daily seeking God's Truth.

Why? Because He loves me, and this is the least I can do to show my love and gratitude for Him....Any questions?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Actually, you are right, I don't.
Thank you.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Thank you.
No problem.

Do you?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
No problem.

Do you?

Do I what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity