U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:35 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,471,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
Really? So you think that apostolics who don't believe in the trinity are rejected by god? That would make no sense at all if they loved god with all their heart. How sad that god would condemn people for not understanding stuff.
I didn't say you had to believe in all aspects of the Trinity but there are some that are vital. How can you love the true God if you can't appreciate who He is and what He did?, for e.g. Jehovah Witnesses believe Jesus is not God and that He is Michael the arch angel. They can't appreciate what Jesus went through just being born into this world (a great and powerful being smushed and stuffed into a small frail human body) let alone the cross The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God—but there is only one God. That is the biblical doctrine of the Trinity.

Read 1st John- If you don't have the Son rightly then you don't have the Father.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-09-2009 at 06:45 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 06:41 PM

18,950 posts, read 8,818,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How can you love God if you can't appreciate who He is and what He did, for e.g. Jehovah Witnesses believe Jesus is not God and that He is Michael the arch angel. They can't appreciate what Jesus went through just being born into this world (a great and powerful smushed and stuffed into a small frail human body) let alone the cross

Read 1st John- If you don't have the Son rightly then you don't have the Father.
I knew a JW back home in blighty who loved the Lord and her faith was in Jesus for her salvation.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 PM

124 posts, read 172,808 times
Quote:
How can you love God if you can't appreciate who He is and what He did, for e.g. Jehovah Witnesses believe Jesus is not God and that He is Michael the arch angel. They can't appreciate what Jesus went through just being born into this world (a great and powerful smushed and stuffed into a small frail human body) let alone the cross

Read 1st John

That has nothing to do with those who believe the oness doctrine. What does not understanding trinity theory have to do with not appreciating god? I find a strange beauty to the oness doctrine. Now that doesn't mean I understand it. I don't understand trigonemetry either!

So really really with all your heart believe that a soul is condemned for not believing the 3 in1 idea?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
That has nothing to do with those who believe the oness doctrine. What does not understanding trinity theory have to do with not appreciating god? I find a strange beauty to the oness doctrine. Now that doesn't mean I understand it. I don't understand trigonemetry either!

So really really with all your heart believe that a soul is condemned for not believing the 3 in1 idea?
I apologize, I made a mistake. (I am a lil' sleepy) I didn't mean one must understand some aspects of the Trinity to be saved. I meant to be a Christian

I was a pentecostal and I know the oneness. Bible is clear in 1 John, we must have Him rightly, either they are right and we are wrong or vice versa, we can't be both therefore we both can't be Christians

Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I knew a JW back home in blighty who loved the Lord and her faith was in Jesus for her salvation.
I have a JW friend and we have great discussions. They have the wrong Jesus Pcamps, they believe He is Michael the arch angel. They refuse to worship Him because He is not a deity in their eyes although they did believe once that Jesus was God till they changed their doctrine.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,571,813 times
Quote:
I apologize, I made a mistake. (I am a lil' sleepy) I didn't mean one must understand some aspects of the Trinity to be saved. I meant to be a Christian

I was a pentecostal and I know the oneness. Bible is clear in 1 John, we must have Him rightly, either they are right and we are wrong or vice versa, we can't be both therefore we both can't be Christians
It is my understanding that you preach that you must be a "true Christian" in order to be saved from a fiery punishment... would you say that is correct?

So not all Christians are saved in your mind or are all who believe in Christ saved? Is it only "true Christians" that believe in all that you believe in?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM

18,950 posts, read 8,818,626 times
Quote:
I have a JW friend and we have great discussions. They have the wrong Jesus Pcamps, they believe He is Michael the arch angel. They refuse to worship Him because He is not a deity in their eyes although they did believe once that Jesus was God till they changed their doctrine.
Not the JW i knew , she believed in Jesus without doubt , she believed a bunch of other stuff , but without doubt confessed Jesus as Lord.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not the JW i knew , she believed in Jesus without doubt , she believed a bunch of other stuff , but without doubt confessed Jesus as Lord.
Well that is a different JW because if you read their bible they have taken the word, "worship" out of every passage dealing with Jesus and replaced it with "obeisance"

Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It is my understanding that you preach that you must be a "true Christian" in order to be saved from a fiery punishment... would you say that is correct?

So not all Christians are saved in your mind or are all who believe in Christ saved? Is it only "true Christians" that believe in all that you believe in?
I have no idea what you are talking about. Mormons believe they are Christian, JW believe they are Christian, Jw believe Jesus is Michael and Mormons believe Jesus is Joseph Smith who will lead us to the promise land in Kanas, why not Utah? I don't know.

There has to be boundaries my friend. We cannot all be Christians, if they claim to be Christian yet do not teach the same Christian doctrine then they are heretics. I personally believe there are heretics in heaven, just because one does not share Christian doctrine doesn't mean they are not going to heaven but it doesn't make them Christian either.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 PM

4,508 posts, read 5,265,707 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Mormons believe they are Christian, JW believe they are Christian, Jw believe Jesus is Michael and Mormons believe Jesus is Joseph Smith who will lead us to the promise land in Kanas, why not Utah? I don't know.
Are you sure you have any idea what you are talking about?

Last edited by NCyank; 10-09-2009 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity