U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,447,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

So if you die tonight, all these happy fundamentalist Christians who pretend to love you and care about you will just right you off and say that you deserved it.

"Oh June we love you please accept Jeus as your savior because he loves you more than you know " ... However when you die if you never chose to believe they will say ... "Burn in hell devil spawn!"
June: Still alive, having not perished overnight.

Looks like there's still time for the little loving devil spawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist

Our role is to give you the truth-the gospel, THAT'S IT!

June knows that. She's still waiting for you to do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist

I know you think I don't sound loving sometimes but the truth is love. I must give the truth because if I didn't then that is not loving

Ah, my dear Fundamentalist: You make June smile, you know that?

-And something tells June that we both know darn well that she isn't a "child of the devil" any more than you are.

Take gentle care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,756 times
actually, I think that due to the great commission, we in the church are sent into the whole world to teach people about Jesus and the salvation that can be theirs now in the blood of Christ.

We are to be ready at all times to give to everyone that asks, an answer, and the reason for our Hope...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,809,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Old 10-11-2009, 11:49 AM

1,550 posts, read 2,960,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I can relate to this eyewrist..I truly believe that He places us where He wants us to be for reasons beyond our understanding at times..

As for myself I have tried to leave several times, but am always drawn back
Thank you Blue and Alan. But for some reason the desire to visit these threads are fading slowly. God has greater things for me to do now...an urgency is nudging to move on to a deeper understanding of Him...I can't explain it...I hope you all understand. But I will be around CD here and there..I haven't gone completey;not yet

Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Thank you Blue and Alan.
I have a topic here where you can put my views to the test...might be fun

Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,953,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
....I always wondered about the phrase in the bible "they listen to things taught by demons". I am getting an understanding about that and God does not want his people to be polluted by these teachings so he is drawing them nearer to Himself by his Spirit.....
The Book of Mormon contains an account when the Lord's sheep in America turned to iniquity for such a long time that they were past repentance and his judgments were upon them. The riches of this world they had spent their lives accumulating had become "slippery" so they could no longer hold them and they were surrounded by demons. I think that is a harbinger of things to come again.

1. Hel. 13: 36-39
    36 O that we had repented in the day that the word of the Lord came unto us; for behold the land is cursed, and all things are become slippery, and we cannot hold them.

37 Behold, we are surrounded by demons, yea, we are encircled about by the angels of him who hath sought to destroy our souls. Behold, our iniquities are great. O Lord, canst thou not turn away thine anger from us? And this shall be your language in those days.

38 But behold, your days of probation are past; ye have procrastinated the day of your salvation until it is everlastingly too late, and your destruction is made sure; yea, for ye have sought all the days of your lives for that which ye could not obtain; and ye have sought for happiness in doing iniquity, which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head.

39 O ye people of the land, that ye would hear my words! And I pray that the anger of the Lord be turned away from you, and that ye would repent and be saved.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/hel/13/36-39#36

Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 AM

10,183 posts, read 10,546,727 times
Quote:
Americans are interested in God, but they donít think existing institutions are helping them draw closer to God.
Americans may have excellent reason to feel this way since all they see is televangelists trying hard to draw closer to their pocketbooks.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 AM

30,176 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Where have all the Christians gone ?

Why seek ye living amongst the dead ?.

In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:

They are breaking free from being bound by religion(the organized system a dead religion,cult)
the stone of their tomb as rolled away and they are free.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-14-2009 at 11:43 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,451,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where have all the Christians gone ?

Why seek ye living amongst the dead ?.

In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:

They are breaking free from being bound by religion(the organized system)
the stone of their tomb as rolled away and they are free.
WRONG! The church is intact, the bride is preparing for the wedding with Jesus. This is a cultural thread rather than a practical thread. Where have all the cultural, social Christians gone?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WRONG! The church is intact, the bride is preparing for the wedding with Jesus. This is a cultural thread rather than a practical thread. Where have all the cultural, social Christians gone?
1Peter 4:17-18
17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Hmmm.... The Church is still intact???

2Corinthians 11:13-15
13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Sounds like Satan is ruling the pulpit here...so are the Churches or the bride of Christ made white yet?........ I think NOT.[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Rev 18:4
4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

[SIZE=2]Rev 18:23

[/SIZE] 23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

This "Her" is the Church, the Unclean "BRIDE" to be, and God commands His Children the TRUE CHRISTIANS to come out of her, because Judgment begins in the House of the Lord, because the Church,"The Bride" is filled with wheat and tares, and now is the seat of satan

Rev 2:13

13I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

It is time God will cleanse His church and make her white to be brought unto the marriage of the Lamb, so they all left, they are home, out in the world, studying their bibles and being quiet.
They are being Drawn closer to Christ by Christ outside of the assemblies, that is where the great multitude is being saved now, outside of the churches, and that is why all the True Christians, the Sheep are gone, because Christ drew them out and is drawing them out...the Goats are left.

Turn to the bible and trust no man, only God. Search the scriptures to see if this is so...

peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or