U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:22 PM

30,382 posts, read 20,100,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Besides, without faith in God, all of this is nonsense anyways!

Blessings, AJ
Exactly, and how can anyone put faith in a god who you are not sure if he loves you conditionally or unconditionally?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 01:41 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,026,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Exactly, and how can anyone put faith in a god who you are not sure if he loves you conditionally or unconditionally?.
The "unconditionally" part is what draws us to repentance because it gives us a place of refuge, as in like a loving parent with open arms waiting for the child to come despite the trespasses committed, and find saving grace.

The treat of hell does nothing but focuses the repentance on a condition of either or, subjecting one to failure and self condemnation.

Where as, unconditional love opens up the possibility of a complete change of heart,(repentance) and one where failure is not a condition, either or, but rather a change to a desire to do Gods will.

Of course, again, faith is required in order to accept the God's grace without conditions.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-11-2009, 01:42 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,303,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
ALL of humankind has the consciousness of Jesus (who loves us ALL) which enables us to join with God upon our "rebirth" as Spirit after our physical death. The only danger is not being successfully "reborn" as Spirit(failure) . . . which has consequences (but not eternal ones).
Mystic...if this isn't twisting scripturein to fit your own paradigm, I don't know what is. Where in the heck do you find this doctrine in the Word?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:47 PM

You will burn inhell if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Savior.

This is Sola Scriptura...anything outside of this, is not.

New age Christianity is just like Gnostiscism. It denies the purpose of the Cross. It denies the purpose of redemption. Redemption comes in this life and the blessing is Eternal Life.

The purpose of the cross was salvation to al mankind. Mankind must acknowledge that salvation or he will perish an eternal punishment in hell.

Mike555,

What was this thread about anyway? LOL

Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 PM

37,696 posts, read 25,393,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Mystic...if this isn't twisting scripturein to fit your own paradigm, I don't know what is. Where in the heck do you find this doctrine in the Word?
When you are given a lengthy narrative that has an essential "moral" or "point" to be gleaned from it . . . you don't look for the single sentence or phrase that explicitly says that. It is called understanding the underlying reality of the "point" of all the rhetoric. Apparently you do not and assume there is some magical point to it all involving the ego of Jesus demanding recognition in some fashion.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:14 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,026,430 times
Quote:
May I help in understanding what I believe Mystic is trying to say: and that is that all humanity has by birth the breath of God in them (Adam =spirit of God (consciences) + Eve = the body of flesh, equals a living soul) giving every individaul a conscience to discern right from wrong.

That is standard and the reason for the fall of mankind with only a new standard lifted up so that all can see.

That new standard is the cross, raised up for the world to see, and all who are bitten shall live.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-11-2009, 02:16 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,222,191 times
Quote:
You will burn inhell if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Savior.

This is Sola Scriptura...anything outside of this, is not.

New age Christianity is just like Gnostiscism. It denies the purpose of the Cross. It denies the purpose of redemption. Redemption comes in this life and the blessing is Eternal Life.

The purpose of the cross was salvation to al mankind. Mankind must acknowledge that salvation or he will perish an eternal punishment in hell.

Mike555,

What was this thread about anyway? LOL

Hello sciotamicks ... I had wondered what side of the ET/UR debate you were on. I am surprised that you take the position that you do being a preterist. Almost all the preterists I know deny the existence of hell as being the fundamentalist misinterpretation of Gehenna as having something to do with the afterlife.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:43 PM

Ironmaw,

All preterists I know believe Hell exists, and was created at the resurrection of the dead and living which occured at the 70 AD Parousia, judgement and marraige of the Bride and Lamb. This was the transfer from Old Covenant (Abraham's Bosom-Paradise(saints)Place of Torment(wicked)/Temple(Earth) to the New Covenant (Heaven and Hell/Burning Flame or the Lake of Fire)

Dan 7:14 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld [even] till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

This 11th Horn above is Apostate Israel. She is judged in the previous two verses of Daniel 7 in parallel with Rev 20.

All Full Preterists submit to this interpretation that this burning flame is Hell as:

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There are different interpretations as to who the 11th Horn is, but there is not when it comes to the place of destination for it, or for those that deny the cross in this life.

In th Old Testament, saints and wicked went to one place...Sheol as well as in the New Testament it was Hades...this simply means the "grave". This Greek word, as all authorities admit, is derived from the name of the narrow, rocky Valley of Hinnom which lay just outside Jerusalem. It was the place where refuse was constantly burned up. Trash, filth, and the dead bodies of animals and despised criminals were thrown into the fires of GEHENNA, or the Valley of Hinnom. Ordinarily, everything thrown into this valley was destroyed by fire, or completely burned up.
Christ used Gehenna to picture the terrible fate of unrepentant sinners in the simplest form.

Matt 10:288 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell/γέεννα geenna

I consider myself a Preterist...Full if there is one, but the definition of Preterist is that he believes in the termination of all prophetic scripture at the 70 AD advent. I have debated with many preterists on several points of eschatology and doctrine that is in disagreeement with the Word of God. I find that no view that exists is perfect, only the word of God's and His view, this goes for the Universalists and Eternal Damantion-ists, etc etc etc. No one is right. I do however side with the Preterist view more than I do any other. I believe every piece of scripture has been fulfilled except the perpetual blessings that saints receive in this life due to their faith and preserverance in Christ.

There is no singular AC, no Great Tribulation, and certainly No resurrection of the living and dead. This has all passed. What happens to us when we die?

We go to Hell or Heaven. That's it.

For everyone else that believes in UR....I will pray for all of you that I have met here. I believe that each and every one of you will go to Heaven, because you all believe in Christ and what He did for you, and for the rest of mankind. But those who believe that they are going to get a second chance after they die, I am sorry, but you won't get that second chance unless the paramedic revives you and you realize that there isa Christ, and He died for you.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

That new standard is the cross, raised up for the world to see, and all who are bitten shall live.

Blessings, AJ

So you are saying that if you believe in Christ you live live eternally?

I agree with this...what I don't agree with, and the scripture taught me that, is if you don't believe in Christ, you will die.

Do you agree with that?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When you are given a lengthy narrative that has an essential "moral" or "point" to be gleaned from it . . . you don't look for the single sentence or phrase that explicitly says that. It is called understanding the underlying reality of the "point" of all the rhetoric. Apparently you do not and assume there is some magical point to it all involving the ego of Jesus demanding recognition in some fashion.
Speak plainly please...what is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity