U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
OP, Please Explain???
I do not believe you will see that request answered...

The OP had a statement to make against Christians, but I have a gut feeling that it was based more on feelings than on facts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I see people who believe they are the true Christians because they follow the heinous literal descriptions and supposed rules of Jehovah who speak and act in ways Jesus would not recognize as following His example. I'll take my chances . . . you can explain "tough love" to Jesus when you see Him.
There is no such thing as a true Christians. Jesus never used the word real or true disciple. I think it is funny you are using a man made word to decribe something Jesus never used. Jesus want be looking for tough love He will be looking for people that followed His commandments. You can explain tough love to Jesus if you want, but if you want to be with Him, you will follow His commandments. Tough love, geeeze people are using things of the world to try to get to Jesus. Good luck with that.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:03 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What kind of witch? Would that be Harry Potter witch or Snow White witch
ROFLMAO! ... (Iromaw1776 shakes his head in disbelief and amusement)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
They got mad cow disease and had to be ritually cremated, for their own good and other animals. How does that sound
You are a funny guy! ...

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,831 times
I heard a vegetarian exclaim that he didn't eat meat because he loved animals.

He ate vegatables because he hated plants.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I heard a vegetarian exclaim that he didn't eat meat because he loved animals.

He ate vegatables because he hated plants.
Those veggies who make such a big fuss about being veggie are the biggest idiots on the face of the earth.

Can you imagine people chewing that poor baby spinach? How happily it should have lived in its shrub back in its own natural habitat

Or digging out the potato out of its natural couch, cutting up tomatoes as they bleed to death, deflowering cauliflowers, stripping cabbages stark naked to the point of nothingness, how mean they get with the bean, the list is endless.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,566,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
It absolutely matters. Some folks would say that leaving a dog outside by itself for any amount of time is abuse, not buying the top of the line dog food, crate training, etc. There are nutso's out there who think that animals = children. We have no idea what standards OP is using to define the abuse.
Good point. I stand corrected.

OP - please define what happened.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,566,813 times
Quote:
Those veggies who make such a big fuss about being veggie are the biggest idiots on the face of the earth.

Can you imagine people chewing that poor baby spinach? How happily it should have lived in its shrub back in its own natural habitat

Or digging out the potato out of its natural couch, cutting up tomatoes as they bleed to death, deflowering cauliflowers, stripping cabbages stark naked to the point of nothingness, how mean they get with the bean, the list is endless.
I admit that some people (and organizations like PETA) take things to an illogical extreme.

PLUS I find that most people are against cruel treatment for animals, which is encouraging to me.

In spite of your mockery of vegans (which may be at least partially deserved) I would encourage you to consider watching this vid to maybe get some understanding of what the outcry is about:

YouTube - Meet your Meat

Again, I am not into the extremes of this movement, but one day woke up to the fact that conscious suffering matters.

There's a reason why sociopaths and serial killers don't start out having their 'fun' with baby spinach, right? Surely you know why that is.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I admit that some people (and organizations like PETA) take things to an illogical extreme.

PLUS I find that most people are against cruel treatment for animals, which is encouraging to me.

In spite of your mockery of vegans (which may be at least partially deserved) I would encourage you to consider watching this vid to maybe get some understanding of what the outcry is about:

YouTube - Meet your Meat

Again, I am not into the extremes of this movement, but one day woke up to the fact that conscious suffering matters.

There's a reason why sociopaths and serial killers don't start out having their 'fun' with baby spinach, right? Surely you know why that is.

I didn't, and won't watch the video. But, I can imagine it's content.
Animal suffering REALLY disturbs me.

I admit, I eat meat. But could easily become a vegatarian.
If only Mrs. Oakback would quit serving me the stuff.

I have drawn a line with milk fed veal though. Won't eat it. What they do to those poor calves is hideous.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,755,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsky View Post
I know a family who are 'avid' church goers. Yet they are probably the most abusive 'to their animals' that I know of....Please explain !!
Going to Church doesnt make One a sincere devoted Follower of Christ anymore than going to McDonalds makes One a hamburger. In order for a heart to be truly transformed, it takes being Born Again ...or getting Gods spirit inside the Person ; that is, sincerely recieving Christ into ones heart based on faith that his atonement was totally sufficient to wash away your sins...then as evidence of that, there will be a real change in the person which leads to loving / serving God and Others...and having a completely different view on life in general.

While I dont know the heart of these people who are severly abusing thier animals as to whether they are true Christians as described above... I can say that it is not Gods will for the mistreating of any animal, or person for that matter . And I would encourage you to calmy confront these people and ask them what is behind the way they are treating thier pets ., in hopes they will recieve conviction for doing wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or