U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 05:33 PM

29,784 posts, read 47,689,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I agree with you ... the more I look into it, the more I don't see it. There are so many passages where Jesus states God is His God ... which directly excludes them being one and the same.
Good point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM

29,784 posts, read 47,689,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Has anyone ever, ever, EVER told you that Jesus is the father?

Actually "yes" I have been told this.

I do not believe it though, but I have heard it.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:36 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,495,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How do equal being have a hierarchy? .
Both my son and I are equal in nature...we both are as much human...
Thus we are totally equal in that respect.

However based on my position I have a greater authority than my son.

In nature we are equal
In position the Father is greater.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Just like my relationship with my husband is that we are "one" we share the same goals and purpose... however you can't call me Jon and expect me to answer.. we are still two forms.

"two forms"?...about that I dont know,

but I do know that you and your husband are 2 different persons.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,217,562 times
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

John 1:1 & 14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Colossian 1:13-20

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Christ is the mighty god, the everlasting father. He created all things and by him all things consist. He is the word and is god and was with god before the creation of the world.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM

37,660 posts, read 25,360,569 times
Quote:
So God comes to earth after emptying himself of his Godhood to become human so he has to rely on God (himself which he left behind) to do the works he did?

Isn't that the same as saying that Jesus had to rely on God to do the works he did?

Why does Jesus have to be 100% God only to leave it behind? When he becomes 100% God again he is seated at the right hand of himself? yet there is only 1 God? wouldn't Jesus going back to heaven (and thus God) mean that he becomes 100% God again? Why then doesn't he disappear and there is again only one God?
As long as the carnal mind cannot let go of its physical identification of "person" the confusion will reign. God is pure consciousness. Jesus became human to provide a human consciousness to become one with God (as Man). Jesus had to die and be reborn as Spirit (the Holy Spirit) to remain in contact with the total human consciousness that has ever existed . . . this connects ALL human consciousness to God through Jesus's LOVE for us ALL (Grace). There is still only ONE God consciousness . . . it just manifested in three different ways to bring us ALL to Him. Our physical bodies are completely irrelevant to our personhood. We are how we think (consciousness) and feel . . . not the physical container.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-11-2009 at 06:34 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
it is the translators who took the word ..
Once again we see what I have posted before is yet true again.

That being the following:

I have been to a lot of different churches, I have had to study many different faiths that claim to be Christian.
There is one thing that all people and all faiths that hate the trinity always have in common.

They always, (sooner or later) end up attacking the Bible.

Oh at first they try to use the Bible to support their views.

(LOL, yes, that sounds funny but they do at first.)

They even claim to be the only ones who follow the bible...but when push comes to shove they always turn and attack the bible as worthless and unable to be trusted.

The answer to their attacks is to just ask them to name one bible that supports their views?.....they cant.
The JWs had to come up with their own invented translation rather that admit their teachings were against the bible.
The Mormons had to come up with a whole new Bible to find some support for their views!

Regardless, they all have the same one thing in common with all the others who hate the trinity....they have to attack the bible to maintain the illusion of their message.

ask "got a better one?"....
and they become mute

Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM

37,660 posts, read 25,360,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
John 1:1 & 14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
There is no conflict here, Ironmaw. What is a word? A word is an abstract phenomenon of consciousness and exists only where consciousness exists. A word is a series of symbols grouped together, which when taken as a whole, creates in a being with consciousness an abstract realization or "knowingness" that we recognize as the condition of having meaning. When our cerebral cortex (brain) produces this abstract "knowingness" condition, it is producing consciousness. THAT is what God is, THAT is what Jesus produced in His human brain, and THAT is what was reborn as Holy Spirit when He died. It is ALL the SAME consciousness . . . all the same God.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM

30,336 posts, read 20,076,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
They always, (sooner or later) end up attacking the Bible.
No they end up rejecting someone else's interpretation of it . Big difference. So Alan just because someone disagrees with your interpretation it does not mean they are attacking the bible.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
. it does not mean they are attacking the bible.
The thing you will notice is that any person who hates the Trinity will sooner or later also attack the bible.

They may hav all kinds of reasons for their attack on the Bible, but the point is that if you try to use the many pro-Trinity bible verses to support the idea of the Trinity they will turn around and try to cast doubt on all the verses you used....

Not only will they try to say our "understanding and interpretation" of the verse is in error, but they also will attack the very text itself as if it has no right to teach against their views....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or