U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,264 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Reputation: 2109

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The thing you will notice is that any person who hates the Trinity will sooner or later also attack the bible.

They may hav all kinds of reasons for their attack on the Bible, but the point is that if you try to use the many pro-Trinity bible verses to support the idea of the Trinity they will turn around and try to cast doubt on all the verses you used....

Not only will they try to say our "understanding and interpretation" of the verse is in error, but they also will attack the very text itself as if it has no right to teach against their views....LOL
But the trinity is not in the bible lol.Just like the rapture is not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,749 posts, read 47,557,573 times
Reputation: 17623
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
...

The Mormons had to come up with a whole new Bible to find some support for their views!
This is not true.

The Book of Mormon [which I have read] is not the source document for Monotheism within the LDS faith.

I am not LDS however I have no desire to read as you slander them either.

Stop the lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post

They always, (sooner or later) end up attacking the Bible.
You seem like an intelligent person to me. With that being said, do you honestly believe, with all the historical evidence out there, that the bible you hold in your hands or any translation that we have if free of error and is inerrant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,749 posts, read 47,557,573 times
Reputation: 17623
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The thing you will notice is that any person who hates the Trinity will sooner or later also attack the bible. ...
Stop this non-sense.

Many Monotheist Christian groups are fundies, and exclusively teach the Bible.

Messianic Jews are among them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Stop the lies.
I do not lie.
Every word I have written is the truth, is found in the Text, or is real history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Stop this non-sense.

Many Monotheist Christian groups are fundies, and exclusively teach the Bible.

Messianic Jews are among them.
I dont actually understand what your point is, but I will just say again, ' That there is one thing that all the Trinity-haters all have in common...
They all sooner or later have to also attack the Bible,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You seem like an intelligent person to me. With that being said, do you honestly believe, with all the historical evidence out there, that the bible you hold in your hands or any translation that we have if free of error and is inerrant?
I think that John 1:1 is correct.

That the Word became flesh, lived with us, died for us, and was resurrected.

I believe that with all my heart.

CG,,,here is the way I look at the heart of the question you asked me.

CG, lets say that every word of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation is "Word for word" correct and 100% the truth...Except for the story of the Resurrection.

Lets say that only the story of the Resurrection of Christ is a error.

would it matter?

The answer is "YES!"

It does not matter a hoot that the whole rest of the bible is correct or not if the story of the Resurrection is wrong.

I am a Christian only because of the resurection....
Not because a guy named Jesus was born
Not because he taught many smart things.
Not because he died on a cross....

I am a Christian based ONLY on the fact of the Resurection....

If the resurrection is a myth, then the whole Christian faith is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,395,647 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Both my son and I are equal in nature...we both are as much human...
Thus we are totally equal in that respect.

However based on my position I have a greater authority than my son.

In nature we are equal
In position the Father is greater.
But you said that the Father is not Equal to the Son as the Father is GREATER than the son.. besides.. the Father is not Human but the Son is human.. that does not equate to EQUAL in my mind... I am willing to admit that I am wrong but what you are saying is not that I am wrong.....

I don't know if you are saying something I cannot grasp or what but if there is a hierarchy and one is flesh yet the other is not... how are they still equal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
or any translation that we have if free of error and is inerrant?
Building on my post above...

So many unbelievers try to pick at different bible verses hopeful to cast doubts and open room for their own additions to the text.

But my answer is that the whole Bible could be a myth and it would not matter, as long as the story of the resurrection is true.

If the story of the Resurrection is true, then the whole rest of the Bible could be a lie and it would not matter a hoot to me...

So the actions of the lost to attack the Bible are moot....

We dont become Christians because we trust Genesis, or Revelation, or the book of Ruth....
We become Christians because we trust the story of the Resurrection...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 07:02 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But you said that the Father is not Equal to the Son
What I said, (and you can go back and check to make sure) was that the Father and the Son are equal in nature.

Their nature is as the one true God

However at the same time the position of the Father is greater than the Son as they relate to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top