U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,146,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Jesus IS God.

The Trinity is real.

Jesus is not the Father.
The Father is not the Son.

The Father, The Son , and the Spirt are worshiped as the one true God.
I didn't ask for a statement regarding this...I asked for scripture. Could you be so kind as to provide the scripture you claim shows the Trinity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,504,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I didn't ask for a statement regarding this...I asked for scripture. Could you be so kind as to provide the scripture you claim shows the Trinity?
Jesus is God as seen in the first part of John

Jesus is not the Father as seen in the verse that talks about Jesus praying to the Father "Who art in heaven"

Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Jesus is God as seen in the first part of John

Jesus is not the Father as seen in the verse that talks about Jesus praying to the Father "Who art in heaven"
Please provide scripture for your view

Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Please provide scripture for your view
Um,,,I did, the post above has it...

Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 AM

The first part of John shows us that Jesus is God

The fact that in the prayer Jesus taught his men to pray to the Father "Who art in heaven..." means that Jesus and the Father are not the same person....or else the prayer is crazy.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Within the nature of the One True God there are 3 persons.
All are called God
All are equal in nature, but all are different in position.

The Son is just as much God as the Father is God, yet the father is greater than the Son in relationship to Him.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
The first part of John shows us that Jesus is God

The fact that in the prayer Jesus taught his men to pray to the Father "Who art in heaven..." means that Jesus and the Father are not the same person....or else the prayer is crazy.

1 Cor 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'?
35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
37"If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God."

Rev 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Obviously Jesus called God...His God and His Father. If Jesus is God the Father, how can Jesus call God His God and His Father? Jesus himself told us there was only one God and this one God was also His God...The Trinity fails at these points, as you can clearly see.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 AM

rev 1:8,
8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Alpha and Omega = Lord God Almighty
-----------------------------------------------
Revelation 22:13
am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Lord God Almighty = Alpha and Omega
Alpha and Omega = the First and the Last
the First and the Last = the Beginning and the End
----------------------------------------

Revelation 1:17-18
17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

the First and the Last = the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever

the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever = Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is God Almighty, 2nd person of the Trinity!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
1 Cor 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, .
One Lord, Jesus?

So the Father is not the Lord?

If the Bible tells us that there is only ONE LORD, and that it is Jesus, then there cant be 2 other lords....

Except that the Father is called the Lord of Lords....LOL

The answer?
Jesus, the Father , and the Spirit are the one true God,,,,

Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
. If Jesus is God the Father,.
Where did I say that?

If I have ever made that error, let me know right away!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or