U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 12:22 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,392,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . consciousness is composite vibratory energy (in the final analysis). God's consciousness is the target "frequency." A separate vibratory source (any human consciousness . . . like Jesus's) would need to attain "perfect resonance" to become identical (and not just some harmonic). Jesus's did and His separateness vanished in the perfect resonance. Sorry to get technical . . . but there is no other way to get the distinction across.
yet Jesus reached that "perfect resonance" by the spirit of God indwelling in him as we reach that "perfect resonance" by the spirit of God indwelling in us... there is no difference. Jesus is not God the same as I am not God but both Jesus and I can be filled to the fullness in the spirit of God as the spirit of God is given without measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 AM

37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
yet Jesus reached that "perfect resonance" by the spirit of God indwelling in him as we reach that "perfect resonance" by the spirit of God indwelling in us... there is no difference. Jesus is not God the same as I am not God but both Jesus and I can be filled to the fullness in the spirit of God as the spirit of God is given without measure.
Sorry . . . you may be better equipped spiritually . . . but I am not even close to perfect submission of my human nature to my consciousness (spirit). God indwells us . . . He does NOT possess us. We remain a separate vibratory source . . . but we can achieve "harmonic" resonance with love. It is theoretically possible for someone else to do what Jesus did . . . but not likely, IMO. If they did, though . . . they would also be identical to God (second coming???).

Old 10-13-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry . . . you may be better equipped spiritually . . . but I am not even close to perfect submission of my human nature to my consciousness (spirit). God indwells us . . . He does NOT possess us. We remain a separate vibratory source . . . but we can achieve "harmonic" resonance with love. It is theoretically possible for someone else to do what Jesus did . . . but not likely, IMO. If they did, though . . . they would also be identical to God (second coming???).
No they could not be identical to God because Jesus clearly used the Spirit of God in order to achieve resonance with God. AND Jesus was also a separate vibratory source just as we are. Therefore, not only is it theoretically possible but there is no doubt that is what we should achieve in full communion with God. Eternal life is to KNOW God... in knowing God's resonance then we should be able to be in the image of God without being God!

Because you think that Jesus is God ( I am assuming) then you automatically think we lowly humans cannot achieve what he did... but if Jesus were strictly human and not God, we have no excuse for not knowing God to the fullest... including being able to emulate the resonance.

I am not equipped any more (spiritually) than you are... just to clarify. I really suck at getting God's resonance right but then again when I truly Love someone I know that is the right frequency.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,995 times
Quote:
So when verses talk about Jesus in the flesh we should understand that he is 100% human but then when Jesus is said to be similar to God we should understand that Jesus is 100% God...?
Similar to God????

I never said, (and no Christian would dare say) that Jesus was only "similar" to God.

Jesus is God
There is only one God
There are not 3 Gods

Jesus is Jehovah, the Lord God Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Jesus NEVER ONCE HIMSELF professed to be God the Father ....

Once again....Jesus is ....(wait for it).......NOT THE FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many more times do I have to print that same sentence?

Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
So if it is a tenant of salvation... tell me why Jesus didn't just come out and say "I AM THE MOST HIGH GOD" yet instead he separates himself by saying God is the Father and he (Jesus) is the son.
First, I didn't write the Bible, so you cant ask me to defend why what is written in it, or ask me why something was left out

I cant take credit for the Bible or take the blame...

2nd
Jesus is fully 100% human
Thus Jesus had to pray and rely on the Father for all that he did.

Yet Jesus was still fully God all the time, as Tomas says to him, "My Lord and My God!"

also, as I listed before here, Jesus makes a clear claim to be God in Revelation.

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-13-2009 at 03:56 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Similar to God????

I never said, (and no Christian would dare say) that Jesus was only "similar" to God.

Jesus is God
There is only one God
There are not 3 Gods

Jesus is Jehovah, the Lord God Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth.
2 Cor. 4:4 (and others) refer to Christ as the image of God.. image being the word eikón or a representation but NOT GOD... Similar and representative but NOT GOD. So if you think that Jesus is Jehovah, the Lord God almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth... why can't I say that God is Jesus? or that the Holy Spirit is Jesus or even that Jesus is the Father? There is a distinction made between the father and son for a reason...

I think that if you are wrong and Jesus was never God... you are worshiping the wrong one...

But that is just my opinion. Most christian scholars (and maybe all..I can't say for sure as I haven't read all of them) will readily admit that Jesus is not explicitly stated as God anywhere in the bible.. They also readily admit that there is no scripture that identifies the trinity but that you have to take several scriptures to piece it together. This proves in and of itself that it is a man-made interpretation. If the trinity were true and required for salvation... God would have made certain we knew it but neither Jesus nor God thought to put it in scripture unequivocally. Instead, it is left to man to determine and we all know that can't be good.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Once again....Jesus is ....(wait for it).......NOT THE FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many more times do I have to print that same sentence?
Yet you just said that Jesus is God almighty and the maker of heaven and earth... these things God the Father is said (by Jesus) as having done... so how is it that Jesus is not the Father?

John 5:43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

So Jesus came in his Father's name but he is not the Father but he is God?

Jesus says: "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." (John 15:1)

Yet you say that Jesus was also the gardener? You contradict the very words of Jesus!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 AM

duplicate post

Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If the trinity were true and required for salvation... God would have made certain we knew it but neither Jesus nor God thought to put it in scripture unequivocally. Instead, it is left to man to determine and we all know that can't be good.
On the contrary, Kat . . . it has to be left to human interpretation to insure the self-directed understanding necessary to achieve even harmonic resonance (love) with a completely self-directed being . . . God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or