U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,109,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
"reach God-likeness"??????

That is not what the Bible tells us.
Jesus is God
Jesus did not reach for and become God....

And Jesus is not God-like
Jesus is 100% God...
Always was God
Always will be God.

He is 100% human, and so his death will work to cover our sins...
If Jesus were even just slightly different than us, then his death would be moot.

Only a human could die for another human...

Jesus took the place of others when he went on the cross.
If Jesus were even slightly different, than it would be like attempting to use a sheep or a goat to take away your sins...(it would not work)

So that is why we use the term a "Perfect Human sacrifice"...
being that Jesus was without sin (perfect)
Jesus was human (Human)
Jesus dies a normal human death ( sacrifice)
I agree . . . no human with a God experience hung the stars, God did this (remember, let US make man in OUR image) . . Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the King of Kings . . . . he and his father, separate with one person . . . both fully God . . . .one came down to earth in Human form, and lived as a human . . . but still God . . . all three present at his Baptism . . . the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I agree . . . no human with a God experience hung the stars, God did this (remember, let US make man in OUR image) . . Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the King of Kings . . . . he and his father, separate with one person . . . both fully God . . . .one came down to earth in Human form, and lived as a human . . . but still God . . . all three present at his Baptism . . . the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
There is no indication in the Hebrew of the need for US and OUR as opposed to ME or MY.. BUT

To be made in one's image is to be made in there likeness... so in truth.. we are made in the likeness of God.

There is no reason to assume that Jesus is God... Even trinitarians have to admit that the view is pieced together from obscure passages.

The challenge was to show me where Jesus himself says " I am GOD" because if it is so ESSENTIAL to salvation then we would KNOW it not just see it pieced together..

The bible is very specific about acknowledging that Jesus is Human... why not Jesus is God?

Because Jesus is not God! He was a sinless HUMAN.. imagine that!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you can reference outside sources and NOT post the link ...
You dont know the Bible Answer Man Dr Walter Martin" s show?....I thought everyone knew of him....

Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,119,759 times
Quote:
You dont know the Bible Answer Man Dr Walter Martin" s show?....I thought everyone knew of him....
Don't feel bad kat...I don't know him either

Old 10-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
On a side note...
I found this video on YouTube today that shows Dr Walter martin doing what he did best...debating the cults.

Because I should have introduced you guys to him a long time ago, I have posted it here.....
Lets take a little break in this long conversation and watch this video.

They get into the whole "Is Jesus God?' question right around the 2:50 time index

Dr Walter martin is the guy on the left hand side, the other guy is Ed Decker of Saints Alive.

I got to work with Ed Decker when at our church in Seattle.
Ed Decker handled the part in the church program dealing with the Mormons, and my wife and I handled the Jehovah's Witnesses.

YouTube - Dr. Walter Martin - Dialogue on the Doorstep with a Mormon 1984 - 2

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-14-2009 at 04:38 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,119,759 times
Quote:
On a side note...
I found this video on YouTube today that shows Dr Walter martin doing what he did best...debating the cults.
HMMM...so now anyone who doesn't believe in the Trinity is a cult?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
HMMM...so now anyone who doesn't believe in the Trinity is a cult?
Is a cult?...perhaps.

If you spend a little time on this forum you start to see guys that clearly are not part of any religion.
They claim to have the one true faith, yet cant name anyone else on the face of the earth that also has the same knowledge of the truth as they do.

This in effect makes them a "Cult Of One"

They serve in their Cult Of One as both the unquestioned leader, and the mindless follower.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,773,732 times
Quote:
Who?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Who?
Walter Martin .
He is the guy on the left hand side in this debate video with a Mormon.

The Mormon on the right hand side is Ed Decker and I got to work with him once in outreach to the cults at our church in Seattle.

The relevance of this video is because I listed him as a source and someone asked to know who he was.
Another thing to note with this video and our topic is a few minutes into the debate they hit on the same topic we are talking about on this topic.
Namly, ":Is Jesus God?"

YouTube - Dr. Walter Martin - Dialogue on the Doorstep with a Mormon 1984 - 2

Old 10-15-2009, 10:58 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Quote:
Walter Martin .
He is the guy on the left hand side in this debate video with a Mormon.

The Mormon on the right hand side is Ed Decker and I got to work with him once in outreach to the cults at our church in Seattle.

The relevance of this video is because I listed him as a source and someone asked to know who he was.
Another thing to note with this video and our topic is a few minutes into the debate they hit on the same topic we are talking about on this topic.
Namly, ":Is Jesus God?"

I don't see it.. I see the mormon being patient and the other guy... DR martin being an a$$ and full of self-righteous indignation

IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or