U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Then you got a problem, because the Bible ays there is "One God the Father, One Lord Jesus Christ"

So if this verse is to be understood as teaching that Jesus is not God because it says "One God the father", then the next part is also to be taken as true in the same way, that only the Son is the Lord...

Therefore the Father cant be the Lord too, or else you have a verse that is in error as there would be "2 LORDS"
That is my exact point...there are numerous verses that are in error...if you study the origination of the bible we hold today you will see this clearly. Alot of verses were added or taken completely out of the original scripture if they didn't adhere to the doctrine of the Roman church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
We are also called god in the Bible...do you consider yourself equal to God?
actualy, the "gods" verse is spoken of in sarcasm...notice how right after that sentence the person(gods) is said to "die like men"....

Thus the Bible is not calling humans "gods" rather it is pointing out how foolish it is to compare ourselves with the one and only true God Almighty.

This fits with the New Test verse that teaches that "There are lords many and gods many"...if you just keep reading you see how this also is spoken in sarcasm in that for we who know the truth, there is only One God and one Lord...and all the others that are "called" lords and gods are fake....

So the Bible is clear,,,there is only One God....

anything or anyone that is called a god by us is fake and a lie....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That is my exact point...there are numerous verses that are in error...
I dont think so.

While there perhaps are a few errors in spelling and names as compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls, the truth is that we have a trustworthy Bible before us.

As far as the New Test. goes, I find really nothing to call much into question with it.
If a person wants to have the best understanding of a verse, I suggest they open up 4 or 5 different translations at the save spot to check how it appears to get the best understandings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
So to review...

The Trinity is true

God is 3 persons

The Son is called God
The Father is called God
The Spirit is called God
all 3 are the one true God...

This is the teaching of the Bible and of the Christian church as well as my own teaching too.

You can not disagree with this, the only means to disagree with this is to then also call into question the Bible itself...

But the moment you do this you only show that what the bible teaches is against your own views...and this destroys your argument
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I dont think so.

While there perhaps are a few errors in spelling and names as compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls, the truth is that we have a trustworthy Bible before us.

As far as the New Test. goes, I find really nothing to call much into question with it.
If a person wants to have the best understanding of a verse, I suggest they open up 4 or 5 different translations at the save spot to check how it appears to get the best understandings....
As long as you believe what you read in inerrant and uncorrupted you will never see what was truly meant. I choose to follow God, not the Church of Rome and their doctrine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
all people that teach against the trinity will sooner or later have to add their own "corrections" to the Bible to make it fit with what they think it "should" say....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
name me one church that teaches against the Trinity that does not also add their own "corrections" to the Bible?

Some like the JWs just add a word to the Bible here and there to make it agree with the Watchtower.
Others like the Mormons have needed to add a whole new bible to support their views.

But the one thing all Non-trinity faiths have in common is that they do not find their views in he Bible, so they attempt to change the Bible to make it fit their views....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
name me one church that teaches against the Trinity that does not also add their own "corrections" to the Bible?

Some like the JWs just add a word to the Bible here and there to make it agree with the Watchtower.
Others like the Mormons have needed to add a whole new bible to support their views.

But the one thing all Non-trinity faiths have in common is that they do not find their views in he Bible, so they attempt to change the Bible to make it fit their views....
I don't add anything nor take anything away...I am fully aware that the Bibles we have today are corrupted and only God can give us the true knowledge of His original Word. I have studied long enough to know that what we hold as God's word today has been manipulated and corrupted over and over and over and over again. You can find proof of this as early as the 2nd century...it just takes one willing to find the truth to actually find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
my views are supported in the Bible...
I have given the verses that support the Trinity, there are many more

The response is that you cant trust the bible?....LOL....

Telling me that is the same as agreeing with me that the Bible does teach what I said it does.....

What you are saying CG is that while the Bible does agree with my teachings on the trinity, you just believe those verses were added and should not be there...

Thats not much of an arguement...

I will just say that if you do understand that the Bible does support all that I have said even if you think that stuff was added later, then thats enough for now....

Dealing with the different translations of the Bible is a topic for MIKE 555, he seems to know a lot about that.

I can only teach on what the Bible teaches on,,,
as for the study of Bible history?...better go talk to Mike....LOL

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-11-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
saying you dont believe in the Trinity because its not in the Bible,, yet then telling me that all the verses in the bible that support the trinity were added later,,,is a silly argument.

"The Trinity is not in the Bible, and so all the hundreds of verses in the bible that do support the Trinity are not supposed to be there....?" That argument is Not a good defense kids....LOL

Actually it's the same thing as telling me that I am right, and that you admit that I am right, and that you do see how the Bible (In its current form) does support my views and not yours.

Your argument is reduced to agreeing that the bible is on my side, but all the stuff in the bible you dont like must have been added by the Catholic church....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top