Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,091,936 times

Advertisements

CG....it has come to my attention that perhaps you believe I have written that Jesus and the Father are the same person?

Let me know if that is what you think I am saying, so that we can go over that in more detail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,192,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Has anyone ever, ever, EVER told you that Jesus is the father?

Have I ever even accidentally posted that I believe that Jesus is the father?*

Now CG Im guessing that there is some type of non-Christian faith that does believe that Jesus is the father....I dont know for sure but I guess so.

But the Bible does not teach that, nor does the Christian church teach that...and I know I sure dont!...LOL

(* as Im human, I may have screwed up in my typing skills and write something in error. If you think I have, just ask me to go over it again to be sure you understand what I wanted to say)
Like I said previously...you still haven't shown scripture that states a Trinity...it is all supposition on your part...while I've provided you with many scriptures showing just the opposite. I'll bet you also believe that the bible you hold in your hands is infallible and uncorrupted too?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Like I said previously...you still haven't shown scripture that states a Trinity...
I believe I have...

John 1:1 teaches us that Jesus is God

The many verses I posted in Revelation (And let me tell you that was a lot of work at this early hour of the morning) show us that God Almighty is:
#1- the Alpha and the Omega.
#2 - and the beginning and the end....
#4 - The first and the last
#3 - Lord Jesus

Old 10-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
L I'll bet you also believe that the bible you hold in your hands is infallible and uncorrupted too?
I believe that John 1:1 is true....absolutely true
That the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Old 10-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Do you believe that the Father is Lord?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Do you believe that the Father is Lord?
Then you got a problem, because the Bible ays there is "One God the Father, One Lord Jesus Christ"

So if this verse is to be understood as teaching that Jesus is not God because it says "One God the father", then the next part is also to be taken as true in the same way, that only the Son is the Lord...

Therefore the Father cant be the Lord too, or else you have a verse that is in error as there would be "2 LORDS"

Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 AM

The answer is :

That the Father is God
The Son is God
The Spirit is God

All are called "God" in the Bible
All are equal in nature
All are different in position

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
It's not fun
I believe that talking to you about this topic is a lot of fun...

Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I believe that John 1:1 is true....absolutely true
That the Word was with God, and the Word was God
And you believe that this statement is uncorrupted? I suggest you really study exactly how the bible you are holding was translated, changed and corrupted by the Roman church of Constantine...it will be very enlightening to you.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
The answer is :

That the Father is God
The Son is God
The Spirit is God

All are called "God" in the Bible
All are equal in nature
All are different in position
We are also called god in the Bible...do you consider yourself equal to God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity