U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should "ROCK WITH JUNE" continue?
Yes: Glad you asked, as it provided a means of coming together and enjoyment. 18 78.26%
No: It bored me to pieces, and there is absolutely no need for it. 3 13.04%
Undecided/Don't care: I'm too busy debating to care about music. 0 0%
June should pay attention to the "music" and step it up and find "The Band!" Go to church instead! 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,043,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
"WOODY'S PUB" and "ALL THINGS MOOSE!"

Located somewhere in the wilds of moose hunting Maine, where exactly about this time, one week ago tonight, a modern day bacchanal took place.

-Yes folks, in the aftermath of our very own city-data's Mooseketeer's not-so-sacred atheist nuptuals, we reconvened to a "pub" named Woody's. And therein, amid the local yocal hunters, the Atheist Post Nuptual Wedding Party engaged in what could only come close to being described as a modern day bacchanal. We all felt shame the morning after.

--But nothing compared to what the moose hunting locals at Woody's beheld, upon seeing June and Troop on the dance floor! Yes, one week ago tonight, as Troop did a remarkable rendition of his John Travolta dance moves (very hot, I might add) June inadvertently (and trust me, quite accidentally!!!) touched Troop's left buttock while agreeing to do a duet to the following song.

May the video that the bride and groom took of such fine dancing never make it's way past their video camera. -Amen! Very, very "Amen!"

God Bless the Moose!

Troop, this one's for you, dear heart! You are a great mover on the dance floor, and I know your wife concurs!!!

Happy memories!
After the traumatic experience of having boogied and grooved Travolta-style at Woody's Moosehunting Lodge in Maine, I have decided to seek extensive psychotherapy. I brought shame and dishonor upon all those who have danced before me and who will ever dance again.

As an Atheist, I have decided that the Bible is not the word of God. For, if it were, it would have made explicit instructions to prohibit dancing for eternity if only to prevent me, GCSTroop, from ever dancing and disgracing anybody who has even an iota of rhythm within them.

Woe is me, for the only part of the night that has stayed in my foggy, hazy, and horribly poor non-sober consciousness was the wondrous, glorious, and almost phantasmal touch of June's hand on my buttocks. I have not washed my buttocks to this day for fear of rubbing off the palm print of she who moderates.

All I can say in my defense is to get out your prayer beads and if you don't have any, then you can use mine. Any and all are welcome to my prayer beads for the mere sight of me dancing is enough to make anyone want to rush out and get their palms and hands around those dangling saviors.

I suspect in a very short amount of time that some video may make it onto the net of me dancing with June. I would like everyone to grab a hold of their prayer beads as they watch and pray... Pray like you've never prayed before... For I am the world's worst dancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:58 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,362,454 times
Quote:
My favorite group,Karen Carpenter my favorite singer

YouTube - Carpenters - Thank you for the music (Tonight Show)

Old 10-10-2009, 10:07 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,362,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
After the traumatic experience of having boogied and grooved Travolta-style at Woody's Moosehunting Lodge in Maine, I have decided to seek extensive psychotherapy. I brought shame and dishonor upon all those who have danced before me and who will ever dance again.

As an Atheist, I have decided that the Bible is not the word of God. For, if it were, it would have made explicit instructions to prohibit dancing for eternity if only to prevent me, GCSTroop, from ever dancing and disgracing anybody who has even an iota of rhythm within them.

Woe is me, for the only part of the night that has stayed in my foggy, hazy, and horribly poor non-sober consciousness was the wondrous, glorious, and almost phantasmal touch of June's hand on my buttocks. I have not washed my buttocks to this day for fear of rubbing off the palm print of she who moderates.

All I can say in my defense is to get out your prayer beads and if you don't have any, then you can use mine. Any and all are welcome to my prayer beads for the mere sight of me dancing is enough to make anyone want to rush out and get their palms and hands around those dangling saviors.

I suspect in a very short amount of time that some video may make it onto the net of me dancing with June. I would like everyone to grab a hold of their prayer beads as they watch and pray... Pray like you've never prayed before... For I am the world's worst dancer.
Now this man can dance,don't feel bad Troop,I have you beat out for world's worst dancer.

YouTube - Saturday Night Fever (1977) - John Travolta

Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times

YouTube - Righteous Brothers-Unchained Melody

Old 10-10-2009, 11:47 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,450,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post

I am the world's worst dancer.

Oh please!

~~Seriously, I know that you remember that we were actually goofing around, and attempting to do our own mimicking rendition of the below much to the shock and dismay of the locals!

(As well as ourselves!)

YouTube - Pulp Fiction - Dancing Scene [HD]

Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 AM

37,522 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Quote:
Oh please!

~~Seriously, I know that you remember that we were actually goofing around, and attempting to do our own mimicking rendition of the below much to the shock and dismay of the locals!

(As well as ourselves!)

That is absolutely one of my favorite songs and movie scenes. I would adore seeing you and Troop doing that, June.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:58 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,049 times
Quote:
Oh please!

(As well as ourselves!)

Many have stated that I resembled John T. in my youth? What do you all think?

Byron Spears - Texas Drummer Page 08 (http://www.mikesbandarchive.com/txbd08.html - broken link)

Old 10-11-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Many have stated that I resembled John T. in my youth? What do you all think?

Byron Spears - Texas Drummer Page 08 (http://www.mikesbandarchive.com/txbd08.html - broken link)

You know, usually when people lead in with a "People tell me I looked like this guy..." kind of statement I usually prepare myself for how I'm going to politely disagree despite the fact that I'm trying to hold back a sarcastic snicker.

However, I would have to say that I can definitely see a strong resemblance in this picture.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is absolutely one of my favorite songs and movie scenes. I would adore seeing you and Troop doing that, June.
Oh... I'm sure you and many others would want to see that, Mystic... Trust me... The people attending with us thought very highly of it.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 AM

73 posts, read 102,104 times
I approve this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity