Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM

53 posts, read 44,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Democratic Core Principles Today
  1. We are a national community based on a commitment to social justice (Franklin Roosevelt);
  2. America's national security must be based on democratic alliances and the security of the global commons (Harry Truman);
  3. As a republic, our citizens owe a duty of participation in the public life of our nation (John Kennedy);
  4. Our party is committed to equality and justice for all (Lyndon Johnson). Gary Hart
Nothing about slavery. God bless.
You forgot "Murder babies" and "Promote sinful lifestyles". If your going democrat then be honest and support their most important motives.

We need to end this topic on this thread. It is off topic. If you wish to discuss politics then we need to start a thread in the proper forum. If you have anything worth saying then start one.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Hi, the Democratic party does not murder babies. It would be better to address that to the mothers that make the decision to have abortions. All in this country are guaranteed equal rights under the law, including homosexuals, even if we believe that the lifestyle is against God's will.

Democratic Core Principles Today
  1. We are a national community based on a commitment to social justice (Franklin Roosevelt);
  2. America's national security must be based on democratic alliances and the security of the global commons (Harry Truman);
  3. As a republic, our citizens owe a duty of participation in the public life of our nation (John Kennedy);
  4. Our party is committed to equality and justice for all (Lyndon Johnson). Gary Hart
Again, nothing about slavery which is related to the topic of this thread since someone said that the Democratic Party supports slavery.

Quote:
All Dem's support slavery today.

God bless you

Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Plus Nothing View Post
You forgot "Murder babies" and "Promote sinful lifestyles". If your going democrat then be honest and support their most important motives.

We need to end this topic on this thread. It is off topic. If you wish to discuss politics then we need to start a thread in the proper forum. If you have anything worth saying then start one.
Wow a tad harsh considering you are new to this forum and Shana is well respected on here.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Very sad. Keeping you in prayer, Faith Plus Nothing. God bless.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Plus Nothing View Post
It's just the truth. Nothing harsh about it. Am I supposed to be impressed by this woman?

Now let's see. She has about an 11.5% Rep's to post and you have almost 8% and I have over 26%.
Are you serious,do you think this is some sort of popularity contest ?.

10 reps are freebies when you register that brings you down to 10%, not so popular now are we ?.

Am i supposed to be Impressed by this woman is one of the most disgusting haughty hearted statements I have read on city data.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 PM

154 posts, read 454,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Consideration of what is meant by the term: 'to ordain' is obviously crucial to understanding the problem. I am of the understanding that 'to ordain' basically means 'to authorize' - 'to sanction' or 'to empower.'

If God did not authorize American slavery, could it have happened? If God is truly sovereign, the answer must be in the negative.

We know that certain creatures are capable of committing sin - however, they can only commit the sin that God authorizes, sanctions or empowers them to commit.

Why did God authorize American slavery? Why does God authorize sin of any kind? This all leads to the great age old problem/mystery of evil, doesn't it. I, for one, take great comfort in the fact that the greatest theological minds in all of history have been perplexed by this very question. At least I'm in good company.
First of all I’m not I very religious person, but I do believe in God and that Jesus die for all the people that believes that he die for us, so that we can be save. Excuse my writing and the way I explain myself. After reading some of your post, it’s like reading Paul’s letters.
To me is hard to believe that most of you, really believe god used evil to favor one country, and not only a county but a race,” I’m not black” and how you use the bible(most of you, since most of you agree with the original poster of this thread)to give a kind of approval to slavery and all the despicable actions that comes with it. By saying that it was God’s plan and that somehow America is more worthy and superior, and the chosen ones. The bible wasn’t written by Europeans. All of the men that God used to write the Bible were from Asia. The Bible doesn’t promote one race as being superior to another. In fact, it states: “God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”—Act 10:30, 35. “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James), “Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.” (Galatians 6:7), In the first century C.E., a large tower in Jerusalem fell, killing 18 people. Referring to the victims of this incident, Jesus said: “Do you think they were guiltier than anyone else who lived in Jerusalem? Certainly not!” (Luke 13:4,5), The New American Bible) Jesus knew that the victims were not punished by God. He knew what God’s Word had earlier stated: “Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Many tragedies occur because a victim is in the wrong place at the wrong time or because of human error. For example, reports show that there is much more suffering when people ignore warnings and where buildings are not constructed to withstand severe weather or earthquakes. In such cases, random events affect more people and thus cause more suffering.
Second could anybody tell me who is the ruler of this of the nations of the world other than satan. The Bible states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” That “wicked one” is Satan the Devil, a powerful spirit creature who is described as “the ruler of the authority of the air.” Satan promotes “the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.” Some crimes, such as genocide and child abuse, have been so horrific that many find it hard to attribute them to mere human origin. If satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory it means it were his. Do you really think America has been blessed by god? How did you get to that conclusion?, to most of you bless by god=material things.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM

53 posts, read 44,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Are you serious,do you think this is some sort of popularity contest ?.

10 reps are freebies when you register that brings you down to 10%, not so popular now are we ?.

Am i supposed to be Impressed by this woman is one of the most disgusting haughty hearted statements I have read on city data.
And this from someone who has that attack on God and His people right under your user name on every post.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
slavery is not new to the world. it was practiced long b4 africa was discovered by the west.
God had no hand in it at all. what is God like is the refusal to practice slavery.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
hard to say.. he took a really long time to stop it , thats for sure

Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
There is a country in SA that had slavery up until the 60's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity