U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 05:56 PM

15,212 posts, read 8,250,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God..."

~ 2 Peter 1:21
Read that slowly and with understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 PM

15,564 posts, read 7,019,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
We think about God the way the Bible speaks of Him. Why don't you do the same thing?
Because the Bible speaks SEVERAL ways about Gos, some of which are blatantly vicious. I don't think it is appropriate to speak about God that way and prefer the picture developed much later in Judaism and presented in its fulness by Jesus.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,718,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Read that slowly and with understanding.
Sure...

The prophecy of old was written by men OTHER people claim were inspired by God to write.

I should add that there is no mention of any such inspiration for the New Testament.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Sure...

The prophecy of old was written by men OTHER people claim were inspired by God to write.

I should add that there is no mention of any such inspiration for the New Testament.
The verse you quoted does NOT refute the other poster.

I should add, yes it does. 2 Tim. 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20

Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 PM

15,564 posts, read 7,019,945 times
Quote:
The verse you quoted does NOT refute the other poster.

I should add, yes it does. 2 Tim. 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20
Those are both about the Old Testament.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:26 PM

6,822 posts, read 3,140,622 times
Quote:
No, I agreed with you about what you said. However, you didn't answer Bryan's question. It's not surprising. The answer would likely be unpleasant for you.

I see you have resorted to childish behavior, a clear sign you are avoiding the unpleasant truth.
You simply do not wish to see the answer.

What unpleasant truth? God love couples with robust relationships. Such relationships are hardly childish. People with robust relationships have little time to obsess about the sexual practices of others.

I highly recommend you and the Mrs. enjoy a robust relationship. That way you spend less time thinking about your neighbors and their relationships.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:51 PM

2,548 posts, read 893,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Have you stoned to death any adulterers lately, omega2xx? You haven't? How about Sabbath-abrogators, you know, those that don't honor the time period between Friday sunset and Saturday sunset? How about disobedient children? How about non-virgin brides?

You haven't?

How come?

It is against the law and Christians should always obey the law, even man's laws.

These things are what the scriptures and God commands. Are we going to listen to the comments of a poster by the name of omega2xx - one who denies the inerrancy of the scriptures and God?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
<<

It is not a comment by me. It is what God literally says. You are the one who is denying the Scriptures with your opinion.

So answer the question; are we to believe 2 errant sinners or God?
Alright, for starters, the Bible is NOT God.

Moreover, the men who wrote the Bible were also 'errant sinners' since they were human. We really DO need to get this fact clear in our minds before we can continue with any meaningful discussion. The Bible authors were human! The Bible authors were 'errant sinners'!

Please, omega2xx, read my previous post (above) again and respond to it accordingly. Does your "Book God" instruct you to stone to death Sabbath abrogators, disobedient children, adulterous women and non-virgin brides or doesn't it? From my reading of the Bible it sure does! In fact, only those who 'deny the scripture', as you put it, would say that it does not.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You simply do not wish to see the answer.

What unpleasant truth? God love couples with robust relationships. Such relationships are hardly childish. People with robust relationships have little time to obsess about the sexual practices of others.

I highly recommend you and the Mrs. enjoy a robust relationship. That way you spend less time thinking about your neighbors and their relationships.

It's interesting that you use the term "robust" instead of homosexual, which is the subject of this thread.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Alright, for starters, the Bible is NOT God.

Moreover, the men who wrote the Bible were also 'errant sinners' since they were human. We really DO need to get this fact clear in our minds before we can continue with any meaningful discussion. The Bible authors were human! The Bible authors were 'errant sinners'!

Please, omega2xx, read my previous post (above) again and respond to it accordingly. Does your "Book God" instruct you to stone to death Sabbath abrogators, disobedient children, adulterous women and non-virgin brides or doesn't it? From my reading of the Bible it sure does! In fact, only those who 'deny the scripture', as you put it, would say that it does not.
Peter, who walked with Jesus, says otherwise, regarding scripture.

2 Peter 1:20

You must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 3,140,622 times
Quote:

It's interesting that you use the term "robust" instead of homosexual, which is the subject of this thread.
Robust relationship means just that. A relationship between two people that is full and vigorous.

You poor thing. You need an explanation for the obvious.

Hold on.. I am having a moment of silence for you....

If you have your own robust relationship, you will not have time to delve into the relationships of your brothers and sisters regardless of their personal practices.

I recommend a robust relationship for you, and the Mrs, or your lady friend, and every other fundamentalist ideologue. It will occupy your time to your benefit. God agrees with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or