U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,320,413 times

Advertisements

The ministers are wrong as wrong can be 100%. These so-called ministers are perverting scripture and developing philosophies common in the church on many issues taboo especially ear tickling Within perhaps tens of thousands of ministers, priests, deacons, and church leaders your going to run into incompetence in spite of the title. In fairness all homosexuals are welcomed in any church and if not THAT group of spin doctors also need to move on to their religious pit hole down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:40 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,346,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Does balsamic count?
Fancy!

As a Californian I prefer a nice side of Thousand Island for dipping.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:12 PM

6,814 posts, read 3,133,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
How about plain and ordinary ketchup?
I love ketchup with a little hot sauce and fries. . I was going to tell Trout I use white vinegar for cleaning.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:31 PM

23,318 posts, read 12,067,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Malt on fish and chips? What are you a closet American.
Whenever I was in the States (admittedly, not often) I always had to request any kind of vinegar. And the waitress usually gave me the hairy eyeball before writing it down on her pad.

I got my malt vinegar habit from the time I spend in the British Isles in the long-ago and far-away.

Quote:
Does balsamic count?
Never tried it on fries or fish. I will if you vouch for it.

Quote:
How about plain and ordinary ketchup?
Ketchup on fish or chips is an admission that neither the fish nor the chips are edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Fancy!

As a Californian I prefer a nice side of Thousand Island for dipping.
When I was in Iceland, they had a sort of sweet reddish sauce for dipping fries in that I found quite edible. And in Holland, they had a mayo-based dip with their fries that wasn't half-bad. Mebbe Thousand Island isn't much of a stretch from there.

Quote:
I love ketchup with a little hot sauce and fries. . I was going to tell Trout I use white vinegar for cleaning.
So do I. Vinegar is one of nature's marvels.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:33 PM

23,318 posts, read 12,067,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The ministers are wrong as wrong can be 100%. These so-called ministers are perverting scripture and developing philosophies common in the church on many issues taboo especially ear tickling Within perhaps tens of thousands of ministers, priests, deacons, and church leaders your going to run into incompetence in spite of the title. In fairness all homosexuals are welcomed in any church and if not THAT group of spin doctors also need to move on to their religious pit hole down the road.
mike, you're my favourite incoherent poster.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 889,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Evidently. I have NEVER heard Matthew 19:3-7 used for anything other than as a red herring aimed as condemnation at those for which it is not intended.

In other words, divorce IS permissible in cases of infidelity; however, remarriage is NOT permissible at ANY time other than in the case where a spouse dies thereby freeing up the other partner. No-fault divorce (common today within both society and 'the church') remains taboo if we're to listen to the words of Jesus.

True; however, 'fornication' by heterosexuals is so rampant and always has been rampant that one would never ask for a show of hands from a church congregation as to who had refrained from having sex before they were married! Fornication, if you like, is something that occurs within homosexual circles and, overwhelmingly within heterosexual circles, that no long term condemnation could ever effectively apply to such 'sinners'.

Quote:
It is overwhelming in both circles. But Jesus did say the majority would be on the wrong path and .... he was right. If a church ignores it, run, it is not led by Jesus.
I was referring to the (probable) great number of people sitting in the church pews who have had premarital sex. Does their later change of status to that of being married somehow cancel out this particular 'sin'? Or, is it 'forgivable' as long as they repent for their former 'sins'? This raises the question ...how does one know those who have repented and those who have not repented anyway as they sit comfortably in the church pews? Is there an "I have repented of my sins" affidavit in the church foyer one needs to complete before entry?

Anyway, if former 'sins of promiscuity' are canceled out by later marriage (forget about repentance which cannot be accurately verified) then the same would be true of those committing themselves to gay marriage ...right?

Quote:
As to remarriage he said except in the case of infidelity, so the innocent one can remarry and then of course the other one can also, as that marriage is now done. The guilty one still has to deal with God and restore the relationship and that takes repentance, real repentance.
No, no. The clause is pertaining to the first part of the statement about one's being allowed to divorce. The second part of the statement is not contained within the clause. It's the way that the quote is worded which is a tad confusing ...AND conveniently interpreted by many Christians! Remarriage is only permissible if one or the other partner dies. Otherwise it would be a case of two wrongs making a right, wouldn't it? For instance, even though one party may be guilty of unfaithfulness, the 'payback' is NOT that THEY then become the victim of a future adulterous relationship by the 'innocent party'. Adultery occurs whether one party is guilty or not. Divorce, however, is permissible but the 'innocent party' must remain single and celibate until their former partner dies.

Ouch! Much uncomfortable fidgeting in the church pews...

Anyway, be that as it may, the majority of divorces today are referred to as 'no fault' They can - and are - obtained where no infidelity has occurred. This is entirely UNscriptural. And the Church, generally speaking, doesn't care one way or the other. It prefers to condemn homosexuals and gay marriage because they are an easier target. It will even twist the text from Matthew pertaining to divorce and remarriage to do so. Hypocrisy, double standards and cowardice abound within Christendom!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 AM

I now want fries for breakfast. I want to dip them in a combination of mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, and balsamic. Five Guys is not open. I might have to wait till lunch.. mmmmm.

I think each of the two ministers would say... I do declare. Homosexuality and french fries, with that dip are alright in our book.

I am going to have Jesus approved fries today.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:52 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,036,012 times
Quote:
I now want fries for breakfast. I want to dip them in a combination of mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, and balsamic. Five Guys is not open. I might have to wait till lunch.. mmmmm.

I think each of the two ministers would say... I do declare. Homosexuality and french fries, with that dip are alright in our book.

I am going to have Jesus approved fries today.
Five guys? You must be rich. I can't afford the free water in that place.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Five guys? You must be rich. I can't afford the free water in that place.
hahaha I am rich with food allergies.

The only fast food I can eat without getting sick. ahahahaha I am such a delicate flower.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:03 PM

4,457 posts, read 1,034,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you want to believe that the Bible is without error or contradiction, be my guest, but it seems rather foolish to me to do so inspite of evidence to the contrary.
It would help if you gave an example of a contradiction.

Quote:
If God put His words in the Bible, And I believe He did, He did so among a host of things that are NOT His Word.
Do you not see the contradiction in that statement? If God ut His words in the Bile, He did not contradict Himself or He would not be omniscient. Wh in the Bible is not His words?

Quote:
Claiming that the whole thing is God's Word is the source of so many of the errors that we live with in Christianity today.
Claiming is not the problem, interpretation by sinners is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or