U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:38 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,670,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Glad you agree.
Nobody seems to understand when I'm being sarcastic.

I guess I'll just have to stick with saying it plainly. Homosexuality is a sin, and those who practice it have perverted themselves. Now that should be plain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,569,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God did not personally come to earth and write the bible with His hands. Some words were inspired by angels and the person who took the message put in his own words. The bible is not sacred, you are. No matter how many times you read, study and popularize it, it will never be sacred and God will never have penned it. People wrote the bible and their opinions, at that time, were more morbid than we have today. They had no idea about God.
The reason homosexuality is in the bible as sin is because the writers wanted to influence mankind into thinking that we should reproduce so that we could acquire more males for fighting. Homosexuality is not a sin to God. Not loving is. When you discriminate against someone with something you do not believe in, it a sin. You darken your own soul by not loving that person based on your beliefs. Love has no gender. It has no guidelines when it comes to the sex. You have no sexual organs in the spirit world so why would it matter here. Only humans made that law, not God. The soul is the real you and the soul has no gender. THe sexual organs were created for the material purpose only. Once you die, you will no longer have them. You will be male or female in your attributes but not in your spirit body. YOu should really try to learn a lot more about the spirit world cause you'll be there someday. It's more important than the material world.
Uhh...OK. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. What denomination is the church you attend? Whatever it is, your church is not rooted in the unfallible Word of God. You are being seriouly misled by somebody...

Old 10-11-2009, 02:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,687,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Nobody seems to understand when I'm being sarcastic.
Maybe you should understand when someone responds to folly.

Quote:
I guess I'll just have to stick with saying it plainly. Homosexuality is a sin, and those who practice it have perverted themselves. Now that should be plain.
Yes, you already said it before, and the truth of my responce has not changed because you think your witty.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:16 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,649,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Who cares what "ministers say" it's God and the Bible that are authoritative not ministers.

Exactly!

And...according to the Bible, they who teach error and untruth will face the greater judgement. Why cannot people just stick to the Bible?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:21 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:
God did not personally come to earth and write the bible with His hands. Some words were inspired by angels and the person who took the message put in his own words. The bible is not sacred, you are. No matter how many times you read, study and popularize it, it will never be sacred and God will never have penned it. People wrote the bible and their opinions, at that time, were more morbid than we have today. They had no idea about God.
I don't agree with you complete here. I believe the original autographs were inspired by God but what we have today are not the original autographs. What we have today is the doctrine of the Church of Rome and Constantine. It's a historical fact that the Bible as we know it today went through many alterations by Rome...so I am under no allusion that what I have are God's actual words. I do believe that what we have still holds alot of God's intended truths and is still useful in helping enter into the Kingdom of God. I am a firm believer that only God can give you the revelation you need to find and know what the real truth is.

Quote:
The reason homosexuality is in the bible as sin is because the writers wanted to influence mankind into thinking that we should reproduce so that we could acquire more males for fighting. Homosexuality is not a sin to God. Not loving is. When you discriminate against someone with something you do not believe in, it a sin. You darken your own soul by not loving that person based on your beliefs. Love has no gender. It has no guidelines when it comes to the sex. You have no sexual organs in the spirit world so why would it matter here. Only humans made that law, not God. The soul is the real you and the soul has no gender. THe sexual organs were created for the material purpose only. Once you die, you will no longer have them. You will be male or female in your attributes but not in your spirit body. YOu should really try to learn a lot more about the spirit world cause you'll be there someday. It's more important than the material world.
I absolutely disagree with you on this point. God made us male and female so we could reproduce and fill the earth with His children. This is not possible for homosexuals and lesbians. I believe that any sexually deviant behavior is a sin and that goes for heterosexuals having sex outside of marriage or with others during marriage other than their spouse. My daughter is a lesbian and while I love her to death because she is my daughter and would do anything for her, I do not condone or compromise God's word when it comes to her lifestyle. It's mentioned enough times in the bible to be a sin which would lead me to believe that it is not acceptable to God. We cannot call something good and acceptable which God clearly says is evil and not acceptable.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,765,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

The Bible declares over and over that homosexuality is a sin.
No. It doesn't.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I don't agree with you complete here. I believe the original autographs were inspired by God but what we have today are not the original autographs. What we have today is the doctrine of the Church of Rome and Constantine. It's a historical fact that the Bible as we know it today went through many alterations by Rome...so I am under no allusion that what I have are God's actual words. I do believe that what we have still holds alot of God's intended truths and is still useful in helping enter into the Kingdom of God. I am a firm believer that only God can give you the revelation you need to find and know what the real truth is.
Every religion has inspirational information. No religion is above another in respect to one God. There is, however, only one key to get into heaven. If you don't have that key, you'll not get in. I never once claimed that the bible is to be completely ignored. It's inspirational and it had falsities. A wise man will choose wisely what is of God and what is of man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I absolutely disagree with you on this point. God made us male and female so we could reproduce and fill the earth with His children. This is not possible for homosexuals and lesbians. I believe that any sexually deviant behavior is a sin and that goes for heterosexuals having sex outside of marriage or with others during marriage other than their spouse. My daughter is a lesbian and while I love her to death because she is my daughter and would do anything for her, I do not condone or compromise God's word when it comes to her lifestyle. It's mentioned enough times in the bible to be a sin which would lead me to believe that it is not acceptable to God. We cannot call something good and acceptable which God clearly says is evil and not acceptable.
That may be, however, the material body is no longer useful once you have severed ties with it. It means nothing to God. The soul is the real you and what you do to the soul, you will pay to the last farthing. If the soul has no gender, what does it matter if a female soul is in a male material body? The female soul will still be female once in heaven and will still have to pay for sins the same as a male soul who inhabited a male material body. God is no respector of persons. People discriminate because they do not understand God and His laws.

In my own beliefs, we have several messages from former gay and lesbian humans. They have confessed that while in the flesh they found it to be unaccepting, in the spirit world they are no different than a non gay or lesbian. They are loved by God and they are still the same soul as when on earth. Not once did they pay for being gay orlesbian.

The soul is the real you and not the material body. The soul has no gender. It has attributes pertaining to male or female. No matter what you do or what laws are put on by man, you cannot change a soul from being male to female just because humans think being homosexual is a sin. Being gay or lesbian is between God and man and only God has the right to judge. If they love, there is no sin. Man is sinning when they do not accept another child of God based on human laws.

Last edited by Reverend1111; 10-12-2009 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-12-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Exactly!

And...according to the Bible, they who teach error and untruth will face the greater judgement. Why cannot people just stick to the Bible?
Because there are a number of religions and not all follow the bible. Every religion has truth and to follow the bible without proof that it is indeed from God would be saying that God has a closed mind and that His truths are not for everyone.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Uhh...OK. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. What denomination is the church you attend? Whatever it is, your church is not rooted in the unfallible Word of God. You are being seriouly misled by somebody...
I'm a Divine Love Christian and I do not attend any "church". My church is within and I'm being taught by Jesus and His apostles. Jesus' messages, in my opinion, are infallible as to the way into Heaven.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:20 AM

124 posts, read 271,746 times
So why are some of you so worried about what gay people do in bed? It doesn't affect you one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or