U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 11:13 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, jeffbase, the foundation for our faith is the promise of Jesus that He would send a Guide to be with us forever. It's recorded in the Bible. Don't you believe that promise?
It has become quite clear that most of the Christian fundamentalists do NOT believe that Jesus instituted a New Covenant. They completely ignore it and rely on the Old Covenant and the words "written in ink." It is a puzzle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 12:15 AM

8,608 posts, read 5,125,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
What is a shame is that they carry on about how they can not trust the scripture because man wrote it, it has too many contradictions in it . BUT they say they believe God yet they believe God is not capable of keeping His word from being polluted and corrupted by the world .
Well they sure don't trust the God of the Bible, the God of creation because that Bible has been around hundreds of years and it still says the same thing it did when it was wrote . Nothing has changed ! <snip>
It has been around hundreds of years AND EVEN BIBLE AUTHORS INTERPRETED THINGS DIFFERENTLY than you do. You are stuck in the past and your god is the god of the dead, not the God of the Living.

Daniel read Jeremiah and thought that the desolation of Jerusalem would last 70 years (Daniel 9:2), but in 9:22-23 Gabriel (a Spirit from God) came to Daniel to explain that he didn't get Scripture Jeremiah 29:10). He explains the meaning of Jeremiah's words (not what was written) to really mean "seventy-sevens" of years. Daniel gets this insight because Gabriel (God's Spirit) gave him understanding. It is "heavenly" illumination that makes the writing of Jeremiah alive for the LIVING. It was not just static to those in Jeremiah's day.

Seventy sevens is NOT the "literal" meaning of Jeremiah. The moral situation had changed and God sent Gabriel with an "updated" message for Daniel.

If you think Scripture means now, what it meant then, you are indeed foolish. Scripture itself proves you do not get it without the Spirit of God. Read Exodus 3:6 and see if in it you can find "proof" that there is a resurrection. It's literal meaning isn't even what was MEANT to the Jews in Jesus' time. The Saducees congratulated Jesus on quoting Exodus 3:6 as proving resurrection (in that story about who will be married in heaven to a woman that had seven husbands on earth [Matt 22:29).

No Christian reading Exodus 3:6 would come to such a far-reaching conclusion. But Jesus' interpretation apparently reflected what Jews in the early first century believed.

Unless you STUDY to show yourself approved unto God, you CANNOT interpret Scripture. You cannot possibly tell others what it means, unless you know what it meant in that culture two millenniums ago.

Try reading Peter Enns book, Inspiration and Incarnation: Evangelicals and the Problem of the Old Testament. Professor Enns IS an evangelical--but one who has taken the time to STUDY, which you have not. Enns gives many examples of how the OT incorporated pagan ideas into life of the earliest Hebrews, pointing out that they were not insulated from "wisdom" literature that had been written prior to Genesis.

He still believes in God--but he understands Scripture cannot be approached in the careless manner in which you and TwinSpin engage it.

STUDY!!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:28 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It has been around hundreds of years AND EVEN BIBLE AUTHORS INTERPRETED THINGS DIFFERENTLY than you do. You are stuck in the past and your god is the god of the dead, not the God of the Living.

Daniel read Jeremiah and thought that the desolation of Jerusalem would last 70 years (Daniel 9:2), but in 9:22-23 Gabriel (a Spirit from God) came to Daniel to explain that he didn't get Scripture Jeremiah 29:10). He explains the meaning of Jeremiah's words (not what was written) to really mean "seventy-sevens" of years. Daniel gets this insight because Gabriel (God's Spirit) gave him understanding. It is "heavenly" illumination that makes the writing of Jeremiah alive for the LIVING. It was not just static to those in Jeremiah's day.

Seventy sevens is NOT the "literal" meaning of Jeremiah. The moral situation had changed and God sent Gabriel with an "updated" message for Daniel.

If you think Scripture means now, what it meant then, you are indeed foolish. Scripture itself proves you do not get it without the Spirit of God. Read Exodus 3:6 and see if in it you can find "proof" that there is a resurrection. It's literal meaning isn't even what was MEANT to the Jews in Jesus' time. The Saducees congratulated Jesus on quoting Exodus 3:6 as proving resurrection (in that story about who will be married in heaven to a woman that had seven husbands on earth [Matt 22:29).

No Christian reading Exodus 3:6 would come to such a far-reaching conclusion. But Jesus' interpretation apparently reflected what Jews in the early first century believed.

Unless you STUDY to show yourself approved unto God, you CANNOT interpret Scripture. You cannot possibly tell others what it means, unless you know what it meant in that culture two millenniums ago.

Try reading Peter Enns book, Inspiration and Incarnation: Evangelicals and the Problem of the Old Testament. Professor Enns IS an evangelical--but one who has taken the time to STUDY, which you have not. Enns gives many examples of how the OT incorporated pagan ideas into life of the earliest Hebrews, pointing out that they were not insulated from "wisdom" literature that had been written prior to Genesis.

He still believes in God--but he understands Scripture cannot be approached in the careless manner in which you and TwinSpin engage it.

STUDY!!

Study and become like you, I think not !
I enjoy my walk of faith that God has so graciously given in my life to trust Him rather then a man who thinks and believes he and his so called knowledge is above God in the lives of others .

You know warden there is a great difference in a man who has knowledge and humbly walks with his God, than a man who has knowledge who does not walk humbly before God .
For you have shown this to be true, " For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus."(Phil.2:21)

It is obvious bitterness has taken hold of your heart and become your life . The ways of your knowledge has become an offense to the gospel of Jesus Christ .
For you do not find pleasure in, "Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification."(Romans 15:2) but find pleasure in offending your neighbor regardless their level of maturity in their walk with Christ !

I've watch you throughout this forum and how you treat ppl of faith, it is not a man who walks with God but a man full of anger, bitterness it seems in his heart toward the ppl of faith, God's children the Church of Jesus Christ .
You have taken captive and made it your mission (not by God's calling) toward those of faith to persecute and try and destroy the work of God in their lives because of what ever has hurt you in the Church from the past by your testimony you have posted .

You do not know the lives you have offended by falsely accusing them of things you do not have no way of knowing unless you have met them in real life personally and sat down with a cup of coffee and talked or walk their day with them in Christ .

Cyber space does not give the complete picture of others and their relationship with God especially when it comes to the work that the Holy Spirit has accomplished in those lives that you so carelessly judge .
I'm beginning to wonder how many of you have blasphemy the Holy Spirit' work in the lives of those you think you have the right in correcting their ways and their walk with God that the Spirit has given them .

And it seems not only that but there are a few of you here who think they have such superiority especially overriding the Spirit of God toward others and can say what they please, believing their so called knowledge has given them the permission to do so .

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matt. 18:6

Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” Acts 10:15

Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food [knowledge in this case]. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats [knowledge]and gives offense. Romans 14:20

31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;
33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of the many, so that they may be saved. 1 Cor.10:31-33

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 08-15-2016 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-15-2016, 07:44 AM

4,073 posts, read 1,150,560 times
Quote:
You do not know the lives you have offended by falsely accusing them of things you do not have no way of knowing unless you have met them in real life personally and sat down with a cup of coffee and talked or walk their day with them in Christ .

Have you not done this very same thing to me? Instead of entering into relationship with me, and examining the fruit of my heart, and learning about my walk with Christ, you've accused me of continuing to live in sin because I have gender dysphoria, and I desire a loving, committed relationship with another woman?

Romans 2:1-4

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that Godís judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Godís judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that Godís kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

I bet we'd have an awesome day together. The invitation is open. I'd settle for a phone call if the travel distance is too great.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:47 AM

20,595 posts, read 22,756,427 times
Quote:
Study and become like you, I think not !
I enjoy my walk of faith that God has so graciously given in my life to trust Him rather then a man who thinks and believes he and his so called knowledge is above God in the lives of others .

You know warden there is a great difference in a man who has knowledge and humbly walks with his God, than a man who has knowledge who does not walk humbly before God .
For you have shown this to be true, " For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus."(Phil.2:21)

It is obvious bitterness has taken hold of your heart and become your life . The ways of your knowledge has become an offense to the gospel of Jesus Christ .
For you do not find pleasure in, "Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification."(Romans 15:2) but find pleasure in offending your neighbor regardless their level of maturity in their walk with Christ !

I've watch you throughout this forum and how you treat ppl of faith, it is not a man who walks with God but a man full of anger, bitterness it seems in his heart toward the ppl of faith, God's children the Church of Jesus Christ .
You have taken captive and made it your mission (not by God's calling) toward those of faith to persecute and try and destroy the work of God in their lives because of what ever has hurt you in the Church from the past by your testimony you have posted .

Cyber space does not give the complete picture of others and their relationship with God especially when it comes to the work that the Holy Spirit has accomplished in those lives that you so carelessly judge .
I'm beginning to wonder how many of you have blasphemy the Holy Spirit' work in the lives of those you think you have the right in correcting their ways and their walk with God that the Spirit has given them .

And it seems not only that but there are a few of you here who think they have such superiority especially overriding the Spirit of God toward others and can say what they please, believing their so called knowledge has given them the permission to do so .

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matt. 18:6

Again a voice came to him a second time, ďWhat God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.Ē Acts 10:15

Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food [knowledge in this case]. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats [knowledge]and gives offense. Romans 14:20

31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;
33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of the many, so that they may be saved. 1 Cor.10:31-33

Jesus weeps.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:48 AM

20,595 posts, read 22,756,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I believed that for a long time too. It's become apparent to me, though, that in order to come to Him, you have to enter into relationship with Him, and that has to go far beyond the written word.
Jesus smiles!

Old 08-15-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Have you not done this very same thing to me? Instead of entering into relationship with me, and examining the fruit of my heart, and learning about my walk with Christ, you've accused me of continuing to live in sin because I have gender dysphoria, and I desire a loving, committed relationship with another woman?

Romans 2:1-4

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that Godís judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Godís judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that Godís kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

I bet we'd have an awesome day together. The invitation is open. I'd settle for a phone call if the travel distance is too great.
I've tried to have a relationship with you long ago but you were not having it because of what stand I take about homosexually. You made the first judgment call, geekigurl, not me !

Where have I accused you of sin ? I have said, homosexually is a sin but not directly that you are in sin, now have I ?

Everyone, including you have assumed my feelings and what I believe about a life of homosexually. No one has ever asked what I may believe and understand.

So, I'll share it now with you.... I believe that the behavior of those who practice homosexually, which I mean having sex with the same gender is a sin .
I don't believe that those who have not cross the line in having that sexual relationship with the same gender has not sin . Now you know what I believe God has shown me .

I'm sorry to say this but one who lives a life in opposite of God and His will does not have a relationship with God . But in your case therefore one can make that claim if they have not cross that line ! To me it is no different then if a man or woman committing sexual adultery against their spouse, or live a life of sexual fornification .

I do believe you have been deceive by this gender dysphoria ! Who are you going to listen to geekigurl, God or man ?

God created you to be a man not a woman . There is nothing wrong with loving another man or if you are a woman loving another woman . Look at David and Jonathan they love each other dearly but they were not what has been spoke here homosexuals . They had a special love for one another do a study on it and you will understand what I am saying.
And I do believe that some man tend to have more of a feminine side dominate as a women can have a masculine side more dominate in their lives . And I believe that may come from the way they have been raised, etc., only God knows the reason this happens .

But God gave us different parts in our bodies to be use as He intended (procreate) them to be use, and that is man with woman ! Not man and man or woman and woman ! Common sense can know that just by what body parts we are born with is the life what God wants from us !

Blessings to you !

PS. dm me and maybe we can have that visit, via phone

Old 08-15-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus weeps.
No, it is you weeping not Jesus. Don't use Him like that for your own selfish motive to justify being unkind !

Old 08-15-2016, 01:02 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Quote:
What is a shame is that they carry on about how they can not trust the scripture because man wrote it, it has too many contradictions in it . BUT they say they believe God yet they believe God is not capable of keeping His word from being polluted and corrupted by the world .
Listen carefully, Cyber. It is NOT about whether or not God is CAPABLE. It is the fact that there is ample evidence He did NOT keep it from being corrupted. That is WHY we are to test the Spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated. When Warden asked you to study, he was referring to the biblical scholarship that reveals the sausage-making genesis and provenance of the Bible. The central message of God's love and desire for us to love each other is the same. It is the Godfather "or else" that is removed from your version. Why is that a problem???

Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM

15,557 posts, read 7,016,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Listen carefully, Cyber. It is NOT about whether or not God is CAPABLE. It is the fact that there is ample evidence He did NOT keep it from being corrupted. That is WHY we are to test the Spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated. When Warden asked you to study, he was referring to the biblical scholarship that reveals the sausage-making genesis and provenance of the Bible. The central message of God's love and desire for us to love each other is the same. It is the Godfather "or else" that is removed from your version. Why is that a problem???
What constantly amazes me is that they can assign a motivation to God in the existence of "scripture" that is based ONLY on what they wish were true and then ask if He is not capable of fulfilling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or