U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-15-2016, 01:07 PM
 
37,494 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Listen carefully, Cyber. It is NOT about whether or not God is CAPABLE. It is the fact that there is ample evidence He did NOT keep it from being corrupted. That is WHY we are to test the Spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated. When Warden asked you to study, he was referring to the biblical scholarship that reveals the sausage-making genesis and provenance of the Bible. The central message of God's love and desire for us to love each other is the same. It is the Godfather "or else" that is removed from your version. Why is that a problem???
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What constantly amazes me is that they can assign a motivation to God in the existence of "scripture" that is based ONLY on what they wish were true and then ask if He is not capable of fulfilling it.
It is an enigma, nate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2016, 04:00 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Listen carefully, Cyber. It is NOT about whether or not God is CAPABLE. It is the fact that there is ample evidence He did NOT keep it from being corrupted. That is WHY we are to test the Spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated. When Warden asked you to study, he was referring to the biblical scholarship that reveals the sausage-making genesis and provenance of the Bible. The central message of God's love and desire for us to love each other is the same. It is the Godfather "or else" that is removed from your version. Why is that a problem???
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What constantly amazes me is that they can assign a motivation to God in the existence of "scripture" that is based ONLY on what they wish were true and then ask if He is not capable of fulfilling it.


Boy are you two in for a big surprise ! What is sad is how you guys carry on in assuming such lies about God's ppl especially about His will and the Holy Spirit, and His Holy Scripture !

You know I can't wait until God shows you His truth and how wrong ya'll have been about others . All of you sure have a whole lot to answer to God about especially the way you have carried on with God's ppl's faith, walk and their relationship with Him ! Cause you sure have blasphemy Him terribly with the lives that you don't agree with !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,547 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post


Boy are you two in for a big surprise ! What is sad is how you guys carry on in assuming such lies about God's ppl especially about His will and the Holy Spirit, and His Holy Scripture !

You know I can't wait until God shows you His truth and how wrong ya'll have been about others . All of you sure have a whole lot to answer to God about especially the way you have carried on with God's ppl's faith, walk and their relationship with Him ! Cause you sure have blasphemy Him terribly with the lives that you don't agree with !
gloat while you can, but I have to wonder why you want to set up a Guide other than the ONE promised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Two Ministers say Homosexual is ok (abomination, women, churches, believers)
You can listen to two 'ministers' or internet posters or you can listen to the word of God and the Holy Spirit. Your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 04:45 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
gloat while you can, but I have to wonder why you want to set up a Guide other than the ONE promised?
I'm not gloating but of course you think I am cause that is the way you think . By the way what do you mean by "gloat while you can," ?

But I do get tired of hearing your mocking God and His word . And I don't sit and wonder about it. I go and talk to God about such things and say it just like I said it to you with Him. He knows my heart so why pretend cause He knows just what I'm thinking and what I'm going to say before I say it

I really don't think you know what your talking about . And am beginning to wonder that this guide which you speak about which I know for a fact it isn't the Holy Spirit, yet it seems you really worship it ! What about Jesus in your life ? It seems you talk about this guide more than you do about Jesus makes one wonder !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 05:00 PM
 
37,494 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I really don't think you know what your talking about . And am beginning to wonder that this guide which you speak about which I know for a fact it isn't the Holy Spirit, yet it seems you really worship it ! What about Jesus in your life ? It seems you talk about this guide more than you do about Jesus makes one wonder !
The Holy Spirit of agape was sent in Christ's name as the Comforter and IS God. Jesus described in detail what its characteristics are so we know what is compatible with it and what is NOT. You do not describe the characteristics of the Sprit you claim to follow so if there is any doubt what spirit is being followed it would be yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 05:20 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Holy Spirit of agape was sent in Christ's name as the Comforter and IS God. Jesus described in detail what its characteristics are so we know what is compatible with it and what is NOT. You do not describe the characteristics of the Sprit you claim to follow so if there is any doubt what spirit is being followed it would be yours.
you be wrong ! Can guarantee that ! Be careful there bud, your pretty darn close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit in the lives of other's, Mystic !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 05:33 PM
 
37,494 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I really don't think you know what your talking about . And am beginning to wonder that this guide which you speak about which I know for a fact it isn't the Holy Spirit, yet it seems you really worship it ! What about Jesus in your life ? It seems you talk about this guide more than you do about Jesus makes one wonder !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
you be wrong ! Can guarantee that ! Be careful there bud, your pretty darn close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit in the lives of other's, Mystic !
What would you call the bold in your criticism of the Holy Spirit Nate is following, Cyber???? You do know that it is the Holy Spirit sent in Christ's name as the Comforter that Nate is following because that is the guide we are promised, NOT the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 05:48 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What would you call the bold in your criticism of the Holy Spirit Nate is following, Cyber???? You do know that it is the Holy Spirit sent in Christ's name as the Comforter that Nate is following because that is the guide we are promised, NOT the Bible.
There you go again !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM
 
37,494 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I really don't think you know what your talking about . And am beginning to wonder that this guide which you speak about which I know for a fact it isn't the Holy Spirit, yet it seems you really worship it ! What about Jesus in your life ? It seems you talk about this guide more than you do about Jesus makes one wonder !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
you be wrong ! Can guarantee that ! Be careful there bud, your pretty darn close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit in the lives of other's, Mystic !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What would you call the bold in your criticism of the Holy Spirit Nate is following, Cyber???? You do know that it is the Holy Spirit sent in Christ's name as the Comforter that Nate is following because that is the guide we are promised, NOT the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
There you go again !
NO, Cyber. I am just quoting you and your accusation of me back at you using YOUR OWN WORDS blaspheming the Holy Spirit Nate is following.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top