Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 02:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People are under the impression that being politically correct about certain things somehow helps the sinners, but they are fooling themselves, and they are fooling the sinner. There are many "victimless" sins as described in Galatians 5: The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Calling things for what they are does not discriminate against anyone.
How in the WORLD do you think that any of them is "victimless?" Also remember that it is NOT just about hurting others, WE can hurt only ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point in MY discrimination is that I can see actual harm to the person involved and/or to other people, jeffbase40. You have yet to point out any harm unique to same-sex committed relationships, and refuse to really look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Spread of HIV = no harm right?

High suicide rate = no harm, right?

Destroying freedom of religion = no harm, right?
Spread of HIV is primarily because of promiscuity in both homosexual and heterosexual activities. Jeffbase40, PLEASE look at what I wrote again, particulrly the bolded.

High suicide rate may be true, but it is FAR more likely to be a result of the prejudice of the society around them than of problems with sexual orientation, and I have yet to see any studies on suicide by memebers of committed same sex relationships.

"Destroying freedom of religion" is a personal perception that has NO basis in reality as you have been shown many times. Repeating the meme does not make it correct. Doing so ONLY demonstrates that you are coming from prejudice and not rational thought.

Seriously, jeffbase40, sir down and give it some serious thought, recognizing that prejudice is a hard nut to crack, but cracking it is what God wants us to do according to Jesus in letting us know that we should be perfect in love.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
How in the WORLD do you think that any of them is "victimless?" Also remember that it is NOT just about hurting others, WE can hurt only ourselves.
That's funny. It is the argument of people like you who claim if you don't harm others, then there is no sin. The sins I quoted are such that they do not harm others, but they are still sins and disqualify you from the kingdom of God. You can practice idioltry in the privacy of your home, and others are not harmed, but it it still sin. Who do you hunt in an orgy? Participating in an orgy, straight or gay, is sinful.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That's funny. It is the argument of people like you who claim if you don't harm others, then there is no sin. The sins I quoted are such that they do not harm others, but they are still sins and disqualify you from the kingdom of God. You can practice idioltry in the privacy of your home, and others are not harmed, but it it still sin. Who do you hunt in an orgy? Participating in an orgy, straight or gay, is sinful.
This is another of those things you seem to have gotten into your mind and no efforts to point out that it is not true have any effect.

Personally practiced idolotry may not be harmful to others, though the kind of thing that qualifies as idolotry these days almost always will, but participating in an orgy or practice that harms even yourself with others encourages them in their harm to self if not others.

I'm sorry, Finn, but almost all of the things listed ALWAYS have a harmful effect on other people, but let that go. as I have said before, it is NOT just about harming others. It seems strange to me that you can take what I said in the post you quoted and act as if I were not saying it.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:30 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Spread of HIV is primarily because of promiscuity in both homosexual and heterosexual activities. Jeffbase40, PLEASE look at what I wrote again, particulrly the bolded.
Spread of HIV is overwhelmingly in the homosexual community. That is a FACT. That is reality. You can't change that. Homosexuality has always been tied to promiscuity because lust of the flesh is at the heart of it.

Quote:

High suicide rate may be true, but it is FAR more likely to be a result of the prejudice of the society around them than of problems with sexual orientation, and I have yet to see any studies on suicide by memebers of committed same sex relationships.
The suicide rate is high even in the most liberal pro-gay countries in the world. There are no studies because your side doesn't want to reveal the truth that married gay couples are no more happy after they get that piece of paper than they were before.

Quote:

"Destroying freedom of religion" is a personal perception that has NO basis in reality as you have been shown many times. Repeating the meme does not make it correct. Doing so ONLY demonstrates that you are coming from prejudice and not rational thought.

Seriously, jeffbase40, sir down and give it some serious thought, recognizing that prejudice is a hard nut to crack, but cracking it is what God wants us to do according to Jesus in letting us know that we should be perfect in love.
The reality is this. Your side has FORCED and DEMANDED that Christian business owners surrender their moral beliefs to participate in immoral ceremonies or be SEVERELY I repeat SEVERELY punished. That is not a free society.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:32 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
This is another of those things you seem to have gotten into your mind and no efforts to point out that it is not true have any effect.

Personally practiced idolotry may not be harmful to others, though the kind of thing that qualifies as idolotry these days almost always will, but participating in an orgy or practice that harms even yourself with others encourages them in their harm to self if not others.

I'm sorry, Finn, but almost all of the things listed ALWAYS have a harmful effect on other people, but let that go. as I have said before, it is NOT just about harming others. It seems strange to me that you can take what I said in the post you quoted and act as if I were not saying it.
Do you disapprove of incest? If so, the tell me, what is harmful about marriage between an adult daughter and her father? And let's say no children are involved so you won't use that excuse. All you need is love, right?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

You HAVE always said it.

Let's be clear going forward that in your opinion sin is sin, even if it does not harm other people.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
You HAVE always said it.

Let's be clear going forward that in your opinion sin is sin, even if it does not harm other people.
"Sin" is always "sin" when it causes real harm to anyone including harm only to ourselves. The "mark" that "sin" misses is God's best for us, especially within community.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Do you disapprove of incest? If so, the tell me, what is harmful about marriage between an adult daughter and her father? And let's say no children are involved so you won't use that excuse. All you need is love, right?
Not knowing of any circumstances where the "love" would not be moved into an area of sexual relations without either advantage is taken by the parent from natural feelings, I'd have to say that any such is highly suspect.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
There are no studies because your side doesn't want to reveal the truth that married gay couples are no more happy after they get that piece of paper than they were before.
Look at that statement and ask if there is ANY factual basis for it or whether it proceeds purely from prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity