U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:20 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times
Reputation: 32243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More pseudo-spiritual babble from a font of same.
It's amazing to me she could come up with all that. Jesus Christ didn't even mention homosexuality, but she had an entire finger-shaking soliloquy.

Let's see...who am I going to pay attention to? Jesus or a Bible decoder? I pick Jesus....who told us to help the poor...not decode the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,520 posts, read 31,917,431 times
Reputation: 9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Sin" is always "sin" when it causes real harm to anyone including harm only to ourselves. The "mark" that "sin" misses is God's best for us, especially within community.
So, sexual immorality, such as sex outside of marriage, is sinful even when both participants are willing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,557 posts, read 7,016,415 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, sexual immorality, such as sex outside of marriage, is sinful even when both participants are willing?
Sexual immorality would be sex that causes harm. "Outside of marriage" is your definition and may or may not apply. I'm not here to regulate anyone's sex life, but explain what real harm may come from any particular practice about which I have been asked by the ones involved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,520 posts, read 31,917,431 times
Reputation: 9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Sexual immorality would be sex that causes harm. "Outside of marriage" is your definition and may or may not apply. I'm not here to regulate anyone's sex life, but explain what real harm may come from any particular practice about which I have been asked by the ones involved
No, it is not my definition, it is Biblical definition, but its funny how fast you went back to the "sin is sin only if it causes harm to others". That was what I was talking about earlier. Thank you of proving my point.

The above definition of sexual immorality is YOUR definition.

If an unmarried man has sex with a woman who says she'll do it willingly and happily for $200, you can argue "who am I to regulate their sex life", and use the "there is no harm" claim, but it is still sinful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 06:22 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your posts reveal you in ways you don't realize.

Like the emperor who thought he was dressed in spiffy robes.

I have seen my robes. Have you seen yours? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,557 posts, read 7,016,415 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Sexual immorality would be sex that causes harm. "Outside of marriage" is your definition and may or may not apply. I'm not here to regulate anyone's sex life, but explain what real harm may come from any particular practice about which I have been asked by the ones involved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not my definition, it is Biblical definition, but its funny how fast you went back to the "sin is sin only if it causes harm to others". That was what I was talking about earlier. Thank you of proving my point.

The above definition of sexual immorality is YOUR definition.

If an unmarried man has sex with a woman who says she'll do it willingly and happily for $200, you can argue "who am I to regulate their sex life", and use the "there is no harm" claim, but it is still sinful.
Finn, PLEASE point out in my post where it says "harm to others" Whenever I read it it stops at "harm."

Where in the Bible does it define sexual immorality as sex outside of marriage? It does not. Your doctrines do, the Bible does not.

You keep coming up with "what ifs" that are none of my business.....nor yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 06:28 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's amazing to me she could come up with all that. Jesus Christ didn't even mention homosexuality, but she had an entire finger-shaking soliloquy.

Let's see...who am I going to pay attention to? Jesus or a Bible decoder? I pick Jesus....who told us to help the poor...not decode the Bible.

What's funny to me is that you decided I was the one focused on homosexuality, but I said not one word about it in my "soliloquy". Now there's some flesh that got offended. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,557 posts, read 7,016,415 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point in MY discrimination is that I can see actual harm to the person involved and/or to other people, jeffbase40. You have yet to point out any harm unique to same-sex committed relationships, and refuse to really look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What's funny to me is that you decided I was the one focused on homosexuality, but I said not one word about it in my "soliloquy". Now there's some flesh that got offended. Peace
What's funny is that the conversation at that point was ABOUT homosexuality and you claim that your babble was detached from that?

I think you have done this before, and I'm not sure that it is merely inattention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 07:21 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Reputation: 658
I haven't read the whole thread, nor will I, but at the point I came in, they were discussing sin in general, which is what I was discussing. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,389 posts, read 12,098,827 times
Reputation: 10666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I have seen my robes. Have you seen yours? Peace
You see what your ego wants you to see.

I see what you reveal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top