U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 05:39 AM

20,583 posts, read 22,739,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
1 John 4:8 - "God is love."
1 Corinthians 13:4 - "Love is not jealous."
Exodus 20:5 - "I, the Lord thy God, am a jealous God."
Jealousy is a sign of WEAKNESS...

To be JEALOUS is to SIN..

To be JEALOUS is to be ENVIOUS

To be ENVIOUS is to be EVIL

As JEALOUS god is a SINFUL god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 05:43 AM

20,583 posts, read 22,739,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
In their fight to support sin, you mean.
Your sin, your hell. You burn in it.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 AM

2,542 posts, read 891,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn
That would be supporting the LGBTQ community in their fight for human and civil rights.
Quote:
In their fight to support sin, you mean.
Jeff, since you have this mindset that homosexuality is wrong while heterosexuality is right ...would you give us a lucid explanation as to the reason/s why? You see, "I" have this mindset that one's sexual orientation is perfectly 'natural' to a particular individual and therefore CANNOT possibly be 'a sin'. So far no one has offered any intelligent reason as to why I should change that mindset. Maybe you can do so.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 AM

7,697 posts, read 3,416,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then you reject the Bible.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:52 AM

2,542 posts, read 891,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
Quote:
You do realize that the Bible is no more than a book, don't you, Jeff?

Old 08-18-2016, 06:55 AM

7,697 posts, read 3,416,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Jeff, since you have this mindset that homosexuality is wrong while heterosexuality is right ...would you give us a lucid explanation as to the reason/s why? You see, "I" have this mindset that one's sexual orientation is perfectly 'natural' to a particular individual and therefore CANNOT possibly be 'a sin'. So far no one has offered any intelligent reason as to why I should change that mindset. Maybe you can do so.
1. The Bible always endorses relationships as between a man and a woman. No exceptions. It never once speaks positive about homosexuality.

2. God's design for the family unit is a male and female joined together and children to have both a mother and father. God created sexuality as a gift to humans to be enjoyed inside marriage. That gift creates a physical bond with our opposite sex so we are truly one flesh in the moment. And couples who usually obey God's law and wait till marriage don't tell to get divorced either!

3. Anything God creates for good, Satan wants to pervert for evil. Sexual immorality is going completely opposite of what God intended which is sin.

If your position is that it can not e sin because it makes people happy well so does adultry! Why do you consider that to be a sin?

Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 AM

6,816 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Quote:
I reject your interpretation of the Bible.

You are a single white male. You are not having sex. You are obsessed with the sex lives of others.

It seems to be an epidemic here on CD.

God wants you to have your very own relationship, Jeff.
God wants you to find someone and develop a robust, satisfying relationship.
You have an emptiness that needs filling.
God wants you to stop obsessing and researching the sexual lives, and practices of your brothers and sisters.
God wants you to be happy.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 AM

58,517 posts, read 31,895,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Where in the Bible does it define sexual immorality as sex outside of marriage? It does not. Your doctrines do, the Bible does not.
The Bible does talk about it:

"But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband."

and specifically about the example I gave earlier (which you dodged) :

"Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh.
But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit"

Old 08-18-2016, 07:10 AM

15,552 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Finn, PLEASE point out in my post where it says "harm to others" Whenever I read it it stops at "harm."

Where in the Bible does it define sexual immorality as sex outside of marriage? It does not. Your doctrines do, the Bible does not.

You keep coming up with "what ifs" that are none of my business.....nor yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who is harmed in my example?

I expected a dodge, and you didn't disappoint.
YOU expected a dodge? YOU put "who is harmed in my post" and that is supposed to be an answer to my request to point out WHERE in my post I said, "to others?"

You have GOT to be kidding me. You dodge MY requests and accuse ME of dodging because I refuse to go down the rabbit hole of your sex fantasies,

I think I should suggest that Ronkonomon Native offer you some therapy, she has some good advice.

You keep coming up with examples of things that are none of your business because of YOUR need to control by making hard and fast laws that don't take humanity into consideration at all. She can help with that if you will listen.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:21 AM

15,552 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible does talk about it:

"But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband."

and specifically about the example I gave earlier (which you dodged) :

"Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh.
But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit"
Then that is something that each of us should deal with. So you had an answer and were just trying to trap me, Finn? The advice to marry is one means of avoiding temptations and a REALLY poor reason to get married. Paul should have talked to Ronkonomon. Certainly a committed relationship is best for all concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or