U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,276,705 times
Reputation: 3450

Advertisements

For consideration by the sincere:

Is Homosexuality A Sin?

It seems that a number of churches and denominations these days are wrestling with the issue of homosexuality. Since this is such an emotionally-charged subject, we need to be especially careful when we study what the Bible says about this. For example, some people use Scripture to justify homosexuality, and other people use Scripture to condemn homosexuality. Obviously the Bible does not support both of these viewpoints (because then Scripture would be contradicting itself), so it is important that we carefully study the Bible with an honest desire to find out God's view concerning homosexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 AM
 
20,361 posts, read 15,747,012 times
Reputation: 7534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Did you suddenly get a guilty conscience and remember Christ's teachings of loving one another and not judging others? After your anti-homosexual, prejudiced, judgemental comments about homosexuals?

You hoist yourself on your own petard by your own words: "Anyone who is prejudiced needs to be far more concerned about his prejudice then about someone elses sin". Look to your own actions and words. You are spreading intolerance and ignorance and encouraging contempt and prejudice towards homosexuals by your posts.

One cure for prejudice is knowledge. I've offered up a few areas you could spend some time researching to increase your knowledge. I also suggest you get to know some average run of the mill homosexuals with an open mind and an open heart.
There are those who will use the Bible to justify committing acts of violence against others in Christian activism, as in the bombing of abortion clinics. There are those who will use the Bible to justify their hatred, and in their twisted reasoning will commit acts of violence against others. In this case, against homosexuals. No one has the right do commit crimes against others. Those who do commit such acts of violence must face the penalty for their crimes.

Moderator cut: Deleted/edited - Reference needs to be reframed.

Homosexuality is promoted by Satan as an attack on the divine institution of marriage and is designed to weaken a nation and bring that nation under judgment. On a more individual level, its purpose is tModerator cut: please reframe/re-word a person and prevent them from being oriented to divine truth.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-13-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,078,684 times
Reputation: 1461
I've always found it a little amusing that ALL the men of Sodom were gay.

Yet they still managed to procreate..

SenseOMeter = -4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,276,705 times
Reputation: 3450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I've always found it a little amusing that ALL the men of Sodom were gay.

Yet they still managed to procreate..

SenseOMeter = -4
What evidence is there that all the men of Sodom were gay? I don't remember reading that in my bible but you may be more well versed on the scriptures than I am.

Can you point me that direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,481,609 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I've always found it a little amusing that ALL the men of Sodom were gay.

Yet they still managed to procreate..

SenseOMeter = -4
LOGICMETER =

Moderator cut: Edit/deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 10-13-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,078,684 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
What evidence is there that all the men of Sodom were gay? I don't remember reading that in my bible but you may be more well versed on the scriptures than I am.

Can you point me that direction?
Conclusion drawn from the link you posted:

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

All of them wanted to have sex with the angels right? I mean thats what the author of the link you posted is assuming right?

Then all the men in Sodom were gay..

because of the word..

ALL

Now mind you that he took pretty liberal care of the word "Yada".. but I just find it amusing that when he does.. he then draws the conclusion (whether he knows it or not) that all the men in sodom (both young and old.. from all over the city)..

were gay..

and gay men LOVE to procreate with women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,078,684 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOGICMETER =

Isn't sexual perversion obvious, they fell from trees
Except of course the link Alpha provided is specifically speaking to homosexuality using the story of Sodom as one basis for argument..

so you are right.. LOGICMETER =
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,276,705 times
Reputation: 3450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Conclusion drawn from the link you posted:

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

All of them wanted to have sex with the angels right? I mean thats what the author of the link you posted is assuming right?

Then all the men in Sodom were gay..

because of the word..

ALL

Now mind you that he took pretty liberal care of the word "Yada".. but I just find it amusing that when he does.. he then draws the conclusion (whether he knows it or not) that all the men in sodom (both young and old.. from all over the city)..

were gay..

and gay men LOVE to procreate with women!
It don't see where it says they were gay, sorry. And there's a lot of men out there who have sex with men and women. This might be a new concept though....I can find some links on it if you'd like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,078,684 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
It don't see where it says they were gay, sorry. And there's a lot of men out there who have sex with men and women. This might be a new concept though....I can find some links on it if you'd like.
So the entire male population of Sodom.. was bisexual.

Oh the argument makes much more sense now!!

Or maybe the story of Sodom had zero to do with homosexuality..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,276,705 times
Reputation: 3450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So the entire male population of Sodom.. was bisexual.

Oh the argument makes much more sense now!!

Or maybe the story of Sodom had zero to do with homosexuality..
I didn't say that.

You seem to be just trying to sensationalize my comments. The fact that some men wanted to have sex with these men doesn't make them all gay. The fact that some may have been bisexual doesn;t make them all bisexual.

You seemed to have an issue with procreation going on in Sodom and I'm just trying to help you get your mind around the fact that it was possible without everyone in the whole town being either oriented(sexually) one way or the other. Both is possible....and probable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top