U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 PM

37,545 posts, read 25,261,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, Jeff. It is real life. And every.single.time you say cruel things about the LGBTQ community on this board you are saying cruel things about real, live people. Some of them are on this board. You don't get to escape that. You don't get to give yourself an out. You don't get to give yourself permission for bad behavior.
You have sulked and complained about the way YOU are treated on this board. But you want to claim it's not real life? Really?
It's time to be an adult, Jeff. You're getting called out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 11:44 PM

2,544 posts, read 891,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Speaking against sin is not treating people bad. That's like saying talking about the damages of robbing banks is personally treating bank robbers badly.
I find the above piece of crud so outlandish that I'm almost embarrassed to give it any of my time. One's natural sexual attraction to another of the same gender, perhaps their even falling in love and making a life-long commitment to one another in matrimony, is tantamount to robbing a bank according to Jeff.

Is this not even somewhat 'over the top' for the average Christian fundie or, gulp, are they all in agreement?

Homosexuality is not 'a sin'. In other words, homosexuality is not 'a wrongdoing'. But YOU, Jeff, believe that it is. So, Jeff . . .would you call yourself 'a sinner'? If so, why do you even think to speak of 'the sins' of others? How is this any different to a smoker chastising someone else for smoking? How do YOU reconcile the act of one 'sinner' calling out someone else for 'sinning'?

I have not yet been able to figure out the reasoning behind this.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:55 PM

13,892 posts, read 9,662,328 times
Quote:
You shouldn't get emotionally attached to an online opinion message board. It's not real life.
LMAO! From someone who never stops grizzling and crying about people being 'nasty' to him!! Ye gods!

Old 08-20-2016, 12:11 AM

13,892 posts, read 9,662,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
It would help if you gave an example of a contradiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
1 John 4:8 - "God is love."
1 Corinthians 13:4 - "Love is not jealous."
Exodus 20:5 - "I, the Lord thy God, am a jealous God."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well omega? You asked for a Bible contradiction.
Still nothing. Oh well. I guess it proves what we thought about omega.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 AM

7,709 posts, read 3,417,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, Jeff. It is real life. And every.single.time you say cruel things about the LGBTQ community on this board you are saying cruel things about real, live people. Some of them are on this board. You don't get to escape that. You don't get to give yourself an out. You don't get to give yourself permission for bad behavior.

You have sulked and complained about the way YOU are treated on this board. But you want to claim it's not real life? Really?

It's time to be an adult, Jeff. You're getting called out.

No real life is going outside and having real PHYSICAL interactions with people. You don't know 99% about my daily walk but have the gall to make up bold lies about me. I only speak the truth which is that homosexuality is a sin. If you want to take that personally, that's your problem. I never call people out by name and run them down. That's the garbage that your side does over and over. At least own up to your OWN bad behavior. Any interactions with you is complete 100% miserable garbage tainted with Satan's breath so get off the grand stand.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:18 AM

23,377 posts, read 12,085,923 times
Quote:
No real life is going outside and having real PHYSICAL interactions with people. You don't know 99% about my daily walk but have the gall to make up bold lies about me. I only speak the truth which is that homosexuality is a sin. If you want to take that personally, that's your problem. I never call people out by name and run them down. That's the garbage that your side does over and over. At least own up to your OWN bad behavior. Any interactions with you is complete 100% miserable garbage tainted with Satan's breath so get off the grand stand.
More childish, narcissistic, nonsensical ranting.

You need more help than a bible or message board can provide.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:20 AM

7,709 posts, read 3,417,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I find the above piece of crud so outlandish that I'm almost embarrassed to give it any of my time. One's natural sexual attraction to another of the same gender, perhaps their even falling in love and making a life-long commitment to one another in matrimony, is tantamount to robbing a bank according to Jeff.

Are my posts really going over your head that much? I find it hard to believe that. You know full well I was not making a DIRECT comparison. I am ONLY comparing debate styles which illustrates the absurdity of calling someone a hater because they do not support a sinful activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Is this not even somewhat 'over the top' for the average Christian fundie or, gulp, are they all in agreement?

Homosexuality is not 'a sin'. In other words, homosexuality is not 'a wrongdoing'. But YOU, Jeff, believe that it is. So, Jeff . . .would you call yourself 'a sinner'? If so, why do you even think to speak of 'the sins' of others? How is this any different to a smoker chastising someone else for smoking? How do YOU reconcile the act of one 'sinner' calling out someone else for 'sinning'?

I have not yet been able to figure out the reasoning behind this.
God's Word says it is a sin. And what's a characteristic of sin? Sin is damaging. Sin causes harm to people. Likewise, the homosexual lifestyle has caused much harm. The HIV rates alone support that. I'll go with that rather than your biased claim.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:22 AM

20,590 posts, read 22,744,710 times
Quote:
Are my posts really going over your head that much? I find it hard to believe that. You know full well I was not making a DIRECT comparison. I am ONLY comparing debate styles which illustrates the absurdity of calling someone a hater because they do not support a sinful activity.

God's Word says it is a sin. I'll go with that rather than your biased claim.
OVER is a huge overstatement...personally I have a difficult time with pre-primer thought.

It is NOT God's word you idolize, but what MAN has written and put in God's mouth.

Has syphilis and gonorrhea cause MORE harm than HIV? Which came first?

Old 08-20-2016, 08:41 AM

6,822 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Quote:

Just remember. For you ,nothing of what you read here is real. Yet you fret.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:46 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Any interactions with you is complete 100% miserable garbage tainted with Satan's breath so get off the grand stand.
Don't be silly. You haven't put me on ignore and you spend all sorts of time reading my posts and answering them.

I think you like me.

It's OK. God won't send you to hell because you can't resist my posts. He may, however, be unhappy about your obsession with using unwholesome graphic images to insult your fellow posters. That's most un-Christian like. And weird.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-20-2016 at 09:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or