U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:14 AM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,132,486 times
Reputation: 2373

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to that definition it would be Jeff, since everyone had ganged up against him to accuse him of all kinds of bad things, even thought there is not a hint of evil in his words.
Jeff indeed has be derisive (aka mocking) of his LGBTQ brothers and sisters. Not a good thing. He is quite obsessed with the sexual practices of his brothers and sisters.

God does not like what Jeff is doing. God wants Jeff to develop a robust relationship of his very own and stop obsessing about the sexual practices of others.

God wants Jeff to be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,064 posts, read 1,144,865 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You shouldn't get emotionally attached to an online opinion message board. It's not real life.

I'm not. I am very much emotionally attached to the people posting though. They are real, as we all are. They are deserving of as much love as I can give them, even if some of us disagree on certain matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,064 posts, read 1,144,865 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, Jeff. It is real life. And every.single.time you say cruel things about the LGBTQ community on this board you are saying cruel things about real, live people. Some of them are on this board. You don't get to escape that. You don't get to give yourself an out. You don't get to give yourself permission for bad behavior.

You have sulked and complained about the way YOU are treated on this board. But you want to claim it's not real life? Really?

It's time to be an adult, Jeff. You're getting called out.
Well said. <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:28 AM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,064 posts, read 1,144,865 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I find the above piece of crud so outlandish that I'm almost embarrassed to give it any of my time. One's natural sexual attraction to another of the same gender, perhaps their even falling in love and making a life-long commitment to one another in matrimony, is tantamount to robbing a bank according to Jeff.

Is this not even somewhat 'over the top' for the average Christian fundie or, gulp, are they all in agreement?


Homosexuality is not 'a sin'. In other words, homosexuality is not 'a wrongdoing'. But YOU, Jeff, believe that it is. So, Jeff . . .would you call yourself 'a sinner'? If so, why do you even think to speak of 'the sins' of others? How is this any different to a smoker chastising someone else for smoking? How do YOU reconcile the act of one 'sinner' calling out someone else for 'sinning'?

I have not yet been able to figure out the reasoning behind this.
Many of the arguments against the LGBT community, and marriage equality by fundamentalists are very similar to this. And it's wrong, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:38 AM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,064 posts, read 1,144,865 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Are my posts really going over your head that much? I find it hard to believe that. You know full well I was not making a DIRECT comparison. I am ONLY comparing debate styles which illustrates the absurdity of calling someone a hater because they do not support a sinful activity.




God's Word says it is a sin. And what's a characteristic of sin? Sin is damaging. Sin causes harm to people. Likewise, the homosexual lifestyle has caused much harm. The HIV rates alone support that. I'll go with that rather than your biased claim.

As I posted somewhere else:

There is no homosexual lifestyle.
There is no heterosexual lifestyle.
There are just lives.

---------

My "conduct"; also known as my "behavior or my "lifestyle"

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at. I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl. I also spend a lot of time with friends, I go to church, which I love very much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much enjoy.

I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends. I pray often.

That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.

If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:

It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Would you care to point out, what you find so objectionable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,064 posts, read 1,144,865 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Dew comes across to me as someone who looks at people who others might see as lost causes, with a different eye: she sees who they really are, underneath their rough exterior, and desires to encourage that hidden beauty to come out. I love that about her.
Me too, she's pretty awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,475 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Me too, she's pretty awesome.
I am sure everyone who agrees with your views is "awesome".

I read through the posts looking for ones which are "cruel", but did not find any. I found posts where people accuse other posters for being cruel simply because they don't like their view. That is not honest. As a matter of fact it is what bigotry is all about, because bigotry is defined as "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself". Falsely accusing someone of cruelty meets that definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Reputation: 32238
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Me too, she's pretty awesome.
I think you are as well. And I'm very glad you are on this board. One of the causes of prejudice against the LGBTQ community is ignorance. Education fights ignorance. You do an outstanding job of educating people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,270 posts, read 12,061,902 times
Reputation: 10629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure everyone who agrees with your views is "awesome".

I read through the posts looking for ones which are "cruel", but did not find any. I found posts where people accuse other posters for being cruel simply because they don't like their view. That is not honest. As a matter of fact it is what bigotry is all about, because bigotry is defined as "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself". Falsely accusing someone of cruelty meets that definition.
You were probably blinded by your Fundashield again, Finn.

Try to cut down on the buffing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 AM
 
7,685 posts, read 3,411,021 times
Reputation: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You have a habit, Jeff, of equating homosexuality with 'wrongs'. And that, to me, is wrong. I don't believe that your posts are going over my head. I understand them as coming from someone who has a personal dislike or aversion to homosexuality and that, you believe, God (the Bible) agrees with you. This is the rather typical mindset of many Christians and not just Fundamentalists, many of whom just regurgitate what has been placed in their minds by their anti-gay Bible-wielding pastors.
1

My mindset is to love people, and hate sin. When your side wants to promote and force society to embrace a lifestyle that is clearly as a serious damaging sin according to God's Word then I'm certainly going to take a dislike to that. I don't have to force fit the Bible to meet with a "personal dislike". That's what you try to do. The Bible is crystal clear about the subject. Furthermore, your position doesn't even align with the nature of God. God is perfect. God's creations have that trait of perfection as well. A circle is perfect. Likewise God's creations are perfect cycles. The four seasons. Day and night cycle etc... It doesn't make sense for God to decide to create an additional sexual orientations, assign that orientation to a very minor part of the population knowing that it will create confusion and difficulty for that person in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post



"God's Word" states that simply having human characteristics is 'a sin', Jeff. "God" demands perfection from those who were created IM-perfect, a demand impossible to keep! According to the Bible (your "God") human beings were created lesser than the angels who were likewise created lesser than God. And yet, again, "God" demands that humans become 'God-like'. Have you become 'God-like', Jeff? You come across here as believing that you have.



Christ paid the death penalty for our sins so God isn't demanding perfection. He only wants a relationship with each person. God hates sin because it creates a barrier to that relationship and opens a doorway for demons to cause all kinds of trouble and pain. If you give your life over to sinfully pursuits than you love sin more than you love God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post


Anyway, we know that you haven't attained perfection, Jeff, don't we? So, one could just as well point the finger at you for being 'a sinner'. See how pointless this debate on 'sinning' is? So, why do you keep this up ...why not just admit that YOU PERSONALLY don't care for gay people and be done with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The perversion of truth is your side has taken "do not judge" to mean never speak out against sin. I am not personally judging someone when I speak my beliefs regarding homosexuality. I don't call people out by name and run them down. Judging involves condemning and desiring punishing. That's up to God, not us. We are only called to love each other and fight against sin from destroying lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top