Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 10:27 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
1. The Bible always endorses relationships as between a man and a woman. No exceptions. It never once speaks positive about homosexuality.

2. God's design for the family unit is a male and female joined together and children to have both a mother and father. God created sexuality as a gift to humans to be enjoyed inside marriage. That gift creates a physical bond with our opposite sex so we are truly one flesh in the moment. And couples who usually obey God's law and wait till marriage don't tell to get divorced either!

3. Anything God creates for good, Satan wants to pervert for evil. Sexual immorality is going completely opposite of what God intended which is sin.

If your position is that it can not e sin because it makes people happy well so does adultry! Why do you consider that to be a sin?

Point 2 would be a good reason for you to be neutral in terms of same sex marriage, not accept it because of your religious views but not opposed to it because it does lead to more stable relationships for either same sex or opposite sex couples. The same sex couples I know who have been together for a long period of time are really no different from opposite sex couples in their relationships. Lots of children do not have two parents though death of one of them. I know not of stats on your last sentence of point 2.

point 3, in most cases adultery is only one of the couple doing what makes them happy at the expense of the other spouse. I may not understand open marriages nor want one but I have no problem with a couple choosing an open marriage. Cheating however I do not agree with.

After living with my girlfriend for over one year we married and tomorrow will be our 41st wedding anniversary. The fact that people of the same sex have been able to marry in several of our churches for the last decade or more has done nothing to diminish our own marriage nor our commitment to each other. My sister also lived with her boyfriend and now they have been married for 40 years and my younger brother lived with his girlfriend prior to marriage and I think they are close to 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 10:28 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure everyone who agrees with your views is "awesome".

I read through the posts looking for ones which are "cruel", but did not find any. I found posts where people accuse other posters for being cruel simply because they don't like their view. That is not honest. As a matter of fact it is what bigotry is all about, because bigotry is defined as "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself". Falsely accusing someone of cruelty meets that definition.
Apparently all you have to do to receive the label of awesomeness is to run down Bible believing Christians
and embrace homosexuality. She has praised atheists and Troutdude who delight in being offensive and insulting in most of their posts.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jeff indeed has be derisive (aka mocking) of his LGBTQ brothers and sisters. Not a good thing. He is quite obsessed with the sexual practices of his brothers and sisters.

God does not like what Jeff is doing. God wants Jeff to develop a robust relationship of his very own and stop obsessing about the sexual practices of others.

God wants Jeff to be happy.
God wants you to stop lying about strangers on the internet. I am not obsessed about sexual practices. Just trying to get people like you to face reality. I'm not the one who creates these threads. So that makes you mega super obsessed right?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:37 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Apparently all you have to do to receive the label of awesomeness is to run down Bible believing Christians
and embrace homosexuality. She has praised atheists and Troutdude who delight in being offensive and insulting in most of their posts
Yes, I saw that.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
and embrace homosexuality. She has praised atheists and Troutdude who delight in being offensive and insulting in most of their posts.
AWESOMENESS= (verb)

Used to describe One who embraces the teachings of CHRIST (at least demonstrates the traits of Christ, BUDDHA, MOHAMED, KRISHNA, etc., regardless of a public confession) and hands out "bread and fishes" on a daily basis to ALL who ask, unconditionally regardless of RACE, CREED, FAITH, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION and whose ONLY message in either ACT and/or WORDS is LOVE!

AMEN for those people who understand the truth and acknowledge LOVE recognize idolaters and false teachers.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
As I posted somewhere else:

There is no homosexual lifestyle.
There is no heterosexual lifestyle.
There are just lives.

---------

My "conduct"; also known as my "behavior or my "lifestyle"

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at. I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl. I also spend a lot of time with friends, I go to church, which I love very much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much enjoy.

I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends. I pray often.

That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.

If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:

It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Would you care to point out, what you find so objectionable?
The homosexual lifestyle is in part a statement to God that the desires of the flesh in this very brief physical life is more important than fighting against sin and living according to His Word.

I don't see anything objectionable about your life as you described it, but I not out to judge you personally anyways. I don't know the vast majority of your life experiences and you don't know mine either. The homosexual lifestyle that I am talking about is one that is a slave to the desires of the flesh. Dangerous promiscuous behavior is a very common trait. At least the CDC is not afraid to speak the truth about the darkness that exists on this path:

Quote:

The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey has shown that around 40% of gay men experienced sexual violence (other than rape) in their lifetime and around 47% of bisexual men experienced sexual violence (other than rape) in their lifetime.

According to data from the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) conducted during 2001-2009 in seven states and six large urban school districts, 14% to 31% of gay and lesbian students across the sites and 17% of 32% of bisexual students across the sites had been forced to have sexual intercourse at some point in their lives.

Suicide and Violence Prevention | Gay and Bisexual Men's Health | CDC

Those are alarming and very sad statistics and antithesis to the media lie that homosexuality is overwhelmingly positive.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:17 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
God wants you to stop lying about strangers on the internet. I am not obsessed about sexual practices. Just trying to get people like you to face reality. I'm not the one who creates these threads. So that makes you mega super obsessed right?
I do not lie, brother. The reality is, you speak derisively about your LGBTQ brothers and sisters, and you are obsessed.

Mega, super obsessed? Hahahahha. You sound like a twelve year old.

Ok. I will play.

No.
That makes you Mega super obsessed times infinity.

Now your turn.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
The homosexual lifestyle is in part a statement to God that the desires of the flesh in this very brief physical life is more important than fighting against sin and living according to His Word.

I don't see anything objectionable about your life as you described it, but I not out to judge you personally anyways. I don't know the vast majority of your life experiences and you don't know mine either. The homosexual lifestyle that I am talking about is one that is a slave to the desires of the flesh. Dangerous promiscuous behavior is a very common trait. At least the CDC is not afraid to speak the truth about the darkness that exists on this path:

Suicide and Violence Prevention | Gay and Bisexual Men's Health | CDC

Those are alarming and very sad statistics and antithesis to the media lie that homosexuality is overwhelmingly positive.
How many heterosexual women deal with domestic violence? This is a greater tragedy the media has refused to address...

PRIMARILY HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS

On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States — more than 12 million women and men over the course of a year.

Nearly 3 in 10 women (29%) and 1 in 10 men (10%) in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by a partner and report a related impact on their functioning.

Nearly, 15% of women (14.8%) and 4% of men have been injured as a result of IPV that included rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

1 in 4 women (24.3%) and 1 in 7 men (13.8%) aged 18 and older in the United States have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

IPV alone affects more than 12 million people each year.

More than 1 in 3 women (35.6%) and more than 1 in 4 men (28.5%) in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

Nearly half of all women and men in the United States have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime (48.4% and 48.8%, respectively).

Females ages 18 to 24 and 25 to 34 generally experienced the highest rates of intimate partner violence.
From 1994 to 2010, about 4 in 5 victims of intimate partner violence were female.

Most female victims of intimate partner violence were previously victimized by the same offender, including 77% of females ages 18 to 24, 76% of females ages 25 to 34, and 81% of females ages 35 to 49.

Get the Facts & Figures
http://www.thehotline.org/resources/statistics/

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 08-22-2016 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I saw that.
Funny.

Finny sees what he wants to see.

But is blind to truth.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Is there something wrong with praising atheists?

Richard Feynman, a Nobel-winning theoretical physicist and one of my favorite people ever, was an atheist. And awesome.

Jeepers....I can't imagine withholding praise from someone just because he/she is an atheist. Which makes that reason #23,562 I'm grateful I'm not a fundamentalist. Free to praise whomever I like without caring* about their shaky fingers and odd put-downs. Yay!

*As Richard Feynman's mother used to tell him, "What do you care what other people think?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity