U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,112,664 times

Advertisements

This is a touchy subject for me, as my cousin, who I adore is gay. I know what the bible says about this . . . but I also know that God is not happy with boasters, liars, gossipers, people who envy, and all of my filthy disgusting sins, . . . Thankfully, those who have faith . . . are Redeemed by the Blood of the Most Precious Lamb of God, King of Kings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
No, not necessarily. I'm sure people left town all the time....Lot was about to.
Ok then.. all the men who stayed in Sodom would have had to have been gay or bisexual (an even more unlikely story)

100 men

50 leave

50 stay

The 50 that stay are all gay or bisexual.. defying the odds..

Quote:
Do you believe God destroyed Sodom?
Quote:
If so, why do you think that happened?
seems like the sin of Sodom was...

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.'

sounds like they were inhospitable folks..

Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
seems like the sin of Sodom was...

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.'

sounds like they were inhospitable folks..
While I think it's very clear that it was a wee bit more than just being 'inhospitable', the verses you posted do make me stop and think. Thanks for posting them. It's a reminder to me that God doesn't see sin in 'this one's worse than that one' kinda way.....and many of the sins of Sodom I am guily of myself.

Thanks for posting that.

One other question: Which translation is that? I want to make sure I have one in my inventory!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
While I think it's very clear that it was a wee bit more than just being 'inhospitable', the verses you posted do make me stop and think. Thanks for posting them. It's a reminder to me that God doesn't see sin in 'this one's worse than that one' kinda way.....and many of the sins of Sodom I am guily of myself.

Thanks for posting that.

One other question: Which translation is that? I want to make sure I have one in my inventory!
I think NIV... not 100% sure though.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM

also just another point..

Lot's son-in-laws..

either bisexual or gay

Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,048,286 times
Quote:
This is a touchy subject for me, as my cousin, who I adore is gay. I know what the bible says about this . . . but I also know that God is not happy with boasters, liars, gossipers, people who envy, and all of my filthy disgusting sins, . . . Thankfully, those who have faith . . . are Redeemed by the Blood of the Most Precious Lamb of God, King of Kings.
Oh but you'll see scant (if any) mention of THOSE sins on this board. You won't hear much about pride, or about gluttony.....etc.....because (heaven forbid!), that might actually apply to some folks here.

It's much more "fun" to stand and point out the faults/sins of others...

Do you ever see or hear gluttony preached against very often? Nope, that would take out probably half the congregation!

LOL

Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,112,664 times
In Proverbs 6:16-19 God chooses to name seven sins as an abomination to Him.

THE BIG SEVEN ARE:

1. A proud look

2. A lying tongue

3. Hands that shed innocent blood

4. A heart that devises wicked ideas

5. Feet that are swift in running to mischief

6. A false witness that speaks lies.

7. Those who sow discord among brethren.

God hates them and calls them abominations. Yes, he also calls homosexuality and beastiality abominations . . . .

But the big BUT here is, not one person alive can state that they never lied, had a wicked idea, were mischievious, or "stirred the pot" so to speak.

We are told our body is a temple . . . so smoking (I am a smoker) is polluting my body . . . .gluttony is an abomination . .. . and not treating our body as a temple . . . let's not forget fornifcation or lust.

You see guys . . . we can't state that Homosexuals won't be saved. God loves all, the gluttons, the smokers, the liars, and we are redeemed, all of us, including gay people who believe, by His blood.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 AM

30,295 posts, read 20,040,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Oh but you'll see scant (if any) mention of THOSE sins on this board. You won't hear much about pride, or about gluttony.....etc.....because (heaven forbid!), that might actually apply to some folks here.

It's much more "fun" to stand and point out the faults/sins of others...

Do you ever see or hear gluttony preached against very often? Nope, that would take out probably half the congregation!

LOL
Does being on a diet mean you are repenting from gluttony

Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Even just being gay is a sin.

However is anyone surprised that 2 guys connected with a church can say that its OK to be gay?

Heck my own church has actively gay members as heads of churches...so there is no shock here about this topic.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,048,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Does being on a diet mean you are repenting from gluttony
Well, I would say you are exercising some self-discipline and trying to gain mastery over your own body, which is a GOOD thing.

I believe we should respect our bodies and what we put into them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or