U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,120,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Oh but you'll see scant (if any) mention of THOSE sins on this board. You won't hear much about pride, or about gluttony.....etc.....because (heaven forbid!), that might actually apply to some folks here.

It's much more "fun" to stand and point out the faults/sins of others...

Do you ever see or hear gluttony preached against very often? Nope, that would take out probably half the congregation!

LOL
AMEN and pass the Cheetos! It's easier to see the toothpick in others eyes instead of the plank in our own
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,043,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
AMEN and pass the Cheetos! It's easier to see the toothpick in others eyes instead of the plank in our own
Ever been in a restaurant on Sunday, right after church services let out? Have mercy. Like pigs to a trough! Get outta the way of that buffet!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,110,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Does being on a diet mean you are repenting from gluttony

Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 PM

218 posts, read 269,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God looks at the soul. He doesn't care what gender you are in a relationship. As long as that relationship is done in Love, there is no sin. Hetersexuals can sin if the relationship is not based on love. Love is the key to any relationship whether it's hetro or homo. Just because the bible says it's a sin does not mean it's true. Look to the heart of the people in any relationship to see if they are basing it on love or something else. If you judge the homosexuals you should also judge the hetrosexuals the same way. How many of you fight and argue with your spuose? If you do, you do not love unconditionally and you will be judged accordingly.
I can honestly say in the almost nine years I've been with my BF, we've not had one fight or argument. We are different people with different truths. Fighting to prove who is right is not worth it. See in the heart and that is what God will see.
The bible is clear all liars, adulterers, murderers, lovers of self (man with man or woman with woman) all (sinners) will have their place in the lake of fire unless they turn from their wicked ways, repent, become born again (John 3:3) and receive Jesus Christ as their personal savior. If you are not living in what the bible defines as marriage between one man clinging to one woman then you are defiling the bed and that is sin. Sex outside of biblical marriage is sin/adultery. Try and justify it all you like but that doesn't change the truth. Read it for your self in the bible nothing is hidden so find out the truth before it is too late.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,135,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
The bible is clear all liars, adulterers, murderers, lovers of self (man with man or woman with woman) all (sinners) will have their place in the lake of fire unless they turn from their wicked ways, repent, become born again (John 3:3) and receive Jesus Christ as their personal savior. If you are not living in what the bible defines as marriage between one man clinging to one woman then you are defiling the bed and that is sin. Sex outside of biblical marriage is sin/adultery. Try and justify it all you like but that doesn't change the truth. Read it for your self in the bible nothing is hidden so find out the truth before it is too late.
Find where your bible states that about the soul then we'll talk. Not flesh, but soul. God looks at the intent of the person. Are they acting in Love? If so, they are not sinning.
When you can prove to me that the bible explains about the soul part of man and what Love truely is where the soul is concerned between a male soul and a female soul, then maybe, I might consider it a sin. Until then, the bible is wrong. I'm not talking about the material man and woman but the male and female aspects of a soul.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Find where your bible states that about the soul then we'll talk. Not flesh, but soul. God looks at the intent of the person. Are they acting in Love? If so, they are not sinning.
When you can prove to me that the bible explains about the soul part of man and what Love truely is where the soul is concerned between a male soul and a female soul, then maybe, I might consider it a sin. Until then, the bible is wrong. I'm not talking about the material man and woman but the male and female aspects of a soul.
You sir have just broken the commandment have no other gods before me for I am a jealous God to suit your sinful thoughts and needs. You created a god you feel makes sense to satisy your way of living since following God of the bible would be an incovenience for you. For you to say the bible is wrong is calling the Living God of the Bible a LIAR! I choose to believe the bible is true Moderator cut: offensive Go read the bible for yourself then the truth shall make you free. If any man and woman is in a relationship is having sex outside of marriage then that is sin. No exceptions for men with men and women with women. You call yourself Reverend do you know that means most high which refers to God not man.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No. It doesn't.
Yes it does. Read it for yourself.

Lev 18:22"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Lev 20:13"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor 6:9-10"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,135,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
You sir have just broken the commandment have no other gods before me for I am a jealous God to suit your sinful thoughts and needs. You created a god you feel makes sense to satisy your way of living since following God of the bible would be an incovenience for you. For you to say the bible is wrong is calling the Living God of the Bible a LIAR! I choose to believe the bible is true. Go read the bible for yourself then the truth shall make you free. If any man and woman is in a relationship is having sex outside of marriage then that is sin. No exceptions for men with men and women with women. You call yourself Reverend do you know that means most high which refers to God not man.
Not sir, Ma'am. I did read the bible. Didn't care for it much so I went somewhere else. And I have not put any God before God. Did you not read my post? I worship God alone and not anyone else, including Jesus. There's enough people in the world doing that and I won't add to it. I'll worship God and you worship whomever you want.

All religions and beliefs have truth. The bible is fallible. All religions and beliefs are fallible because they were created by man. God did not create religion and God is not religion. God could care less if I read the bible or not. Man is too judgemental and they will judge based on their own set of beliefs. You don't know me nor do you know how I treat others. You see words on a page and interpret them just as you do with the bible. Each person belongs to God, not man. You see a person and not love. You aren't following Jesus when you do that.

Reverend was given to me by my church in which Jesus is part of. Go talk to Him if you think it's wrong.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-17-2009 at 08:14 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,615,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Homosexually is a sin. An abomination. It is abnormal perversion. It's a Satanic attack on the divine institution of marriage which God established as being between a man and a woman. The principle is stated in Genesis 2:24.
Those who engage in this abomination ignore and twist the Scriptures so that they may try to justify their perversion.
Should I just commit suicide?

No amount of prayer, fasting, or shock therapy can make me straight. I've went through an ex-gay ministry and it did not work. If this really was at the top of the list things God 'hates', I believe He would have answered my prayers after years and years of crying at the alter praying to be changed straight during my teenage years. He would have answered my prayers when I was at Exodus International, trying to do what He would have me do...but he did not. So there is either two possibilities....1: The Bible has been misinterpreted into making people believe homosexuality is a much graver sin than it really is (if its a sin at all), OR 2: The Bible was completely made up to enforce the ideas and morals of the aristocracy of the 1st Century and is not the Word of God. The Bible says its God's will that ALL should be saved....yet if homosexuals can't change and are in fact born that way...there is no hope for them. That presents a serious problem with scripture.

P.S. Its interesting that Christians always turn to Leviticus to condemn gays yet pretty much ignore everything else that book has to say.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Not sir, Ma'am. I did read the bible. Didn't care for it much so I went somewhere else. And I have not put any God before God. Did you not read my post? I worship God alone and not anyone else, including Jesus. There's enough people in the world doing that and I won't add to it. I'll worship God and you worship whomever you want.

All religions and beliefs have truth. The bible is fallible. All religions and beliefs are fallible because they were created by man. God did not create religion and God is not religion. God could care less if I read the bible or not. Man is too judgemental and they will judge based on their own set of beliefs. You don't know me nor do you know how I treat others. You see words on a page and interpret them just as you do with the bible. Each person belongs to God, not man. You see a person and not love. You aren't following Jesus when you do that.

Reverend was given to me by my church in which Jesus is part of. Go talk to Him if you think it's wrong.
There are two gods in the universe. The living God of the Bible and the false god and deceiver the devil Satan. You have 2 choices in this short life on earth and it is clear to me the choice you have made not to adhere to the Bible as truth and infallible. It is obvious that your lifestyle is far more important to you than the truth of God. May God have mercy on your soul. Go to youtube and listen to Mary K Baxter's testimony of hell and heavan and than tell me what you plan to do. It is not too late to repent and turn from your wicked ways and tell the devil Satan you don't belong to him. Please for your sake here what I am saying to you. I am not gaining notiriety nor fortune by telling you the truth. I simply don't want anyone to go to hell and am warning you as Jesus Yeshua would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or