Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
"Two ministers say homosexuality is ok". Does God say homosexuality is OK?
Sigh... jimmie the question is irrelevant. God agrees with me.

Why are you concerned more about the personal relationships of others when your own is not being given the attention it deserves? That is the real question.

Happy and satisfied people do not look into the relationships of other people. God wants you to be happy.

God does not think you should obsess about any other relationship but your own.

I see the topic of homosexuality is much more important to you than the Mrs. That makes me sad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 08:03 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Sigh... jimmie the question is irrelevant. God agrees with me.

Why are you concerned more about the personal relationships of others when your own is not being given the attention it deserves? That is the real question.

Happy and satisfied people do not look into the relationships of other people. God wants you to be happy.

God does not think you should obsess about any other relationship but your own.

I see the topic of homosexuality is much more important to you than the Mrs. That makes me sad for you.
I knew you wouldn't answer. You really can't. I get it.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
I knew you wouldn't answer. You really can't. I get it.
No you do not get it, jimmie. I gave you the answer and you choose to be blind. You poor, poor man.

You must be right at any cost. God wants you to free yourself of this idea.

Good night, jimmie. I am going to dance and sing the Gilligans Island theme song. hahahaha I am a sucker for foreplay.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Does God say homosexuality is OK?
Have you ever asked Him?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:27 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
The verse you quoted does NOT refute the other poster.

I should add, yes it does. 2 Tim. 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20

Jim, so are you saying that the New Testament writers had a handy copy of the New Testament in hand in advance to make such a claim? It is a better argument that someone interpolated that verse into that book to give the idea that even the NT was "inspired" by God or the writer ONLY had the Old Testament in mind, as it was ALREADY an established canon.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:54 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Alright, for starters, the Bible is NOT God.

Moreover, the men who wrote the Bible were also 'errant sinners' since they were human. We really DO need to get this fact clear in our minds before we can continue with any meaningful discussion. The Bible authors were human! The Bible authors were 'errant sinners'!

Please, omega2xx, read my previous post (above) again and respond to it accordingly. Does your "Book God" instruct you to stone to death Sabbath abrogators, disobedient children, adulterous women and non-virgin brides or doesn't it? From my reading of the Bible it sure does! In fact, only those who 'deny the scripture', as you put it, would say that it does not.
Quote:
Peter, who walked with Jesus, says otherwise, regarding scripture.

2 Peter 1:20

You must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.
Ah, so I've added my OWN interpretation to those CLEAR 'commands of God' that Sabbath abrogators, disobedient children, adulterers (females only it would appear) and non-virgin brides (again, females only it would appear) be stoned to death?

Gotcha!

So, what is the correct 'non-private' interpretation of these particular texts?

Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]jimmiej
The verse you quoted does NOT refute the other poster.

I should add, yes it does. 2 Tim. 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Jim, so are you saying that the New Testament writers had a handy copy of the New Testament in hand in advance to make such a claim?
It was always my belief that God provided the New Testament authors with an advanced copy of the KJV Bible ...one and a half millennium before it was actually written. Apparently, Jesus had a copy too. And, if the KJV was good enough for Jesus then the KJV is good enough for me . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
It is a better argument that someone interpolated that verse into that book to give the idea that even the NT was "inspired" by God or the writer ONLY had the Old Testament in mind, as it was ALREADY an established canon.
Yep, the Torah was all they had at the time and I would doubt that no more than a few had access to it ...not to mention that many of that time period would likely have been illiterate and wouldn't have been able to read it anyway.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
What Ministers say is irrelevant. What does God say?
"God says" to execute commandment abrogators.

Anyone here that might be guilty . . .?

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej
Does God say homosexuality is OK?
Who knows? "God" doesn't say anything about homosexuality or heterosexuality.

All "God" wants is worship from His human creations.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
God does, the Bible doesn't. Is that what you are looking for? The Bible also doesn't say that there is anything wrong with a committed homosexual relationship, it's focus is on promiscuity and idolotry.
Exactly. God desires worship from His human creations.

Remember, thou shalt have no other gods before me. The very first command of the Big Ten. So, anything to do with idolatry and its promiscuous practices drives God to anger.

Adam and Steve/Eve and Grace ...God has a soft spot for them ...just as long as they abstain from pagan idolatry practices, y'hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity