Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 08:14 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
There is more evidence God does exist than there is He doesn't. You just don't accept the evidence.

God has put His words in the Bible.

It is easy to say God does not exist and deny the Bible is God's word, but it is hard, let me say impossible, to prove what you say is true.

If you want to believe something is true without any evidence, be my guest, but it seems rather foolish to me.
If you want to believe that the Bible is without error or contradiction, be my guest, but it seems rather foolish to me to do so inspite of evidence to the contrary. If God put His words in the Bible, And I believe He did, He did so among a host of things that are NOT His Word. Claiming that the whole thing is God's Word is the source of so many of the errors that we live with in Christianity today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
remember the LEMONS!! ain't a fish fry without a few lemons...and malt vinegar for the fries!!

As much as I try to stay out of strictly religious debates, fries do not need vinegar!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
As much as I try to stay out of strictly religious debates, fries do not need vinegar!
Obviously you have ZERO experience with the Canadian culinary world...though brown gravy over fries is preferred by 9 out of 10 Canadians, one does NOT have brown gravy with fresh fish.

I sincerely believe Jesus would have used malt vinegar had he invented it then..perhaps it was that point in time when vinegar became acceptable?

Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Really? One is attracted to, falls in love with, and wishes to commit themselves to another's genitalia? Is that the way it works?
Jesus described it perfectly. He was challenged on the topic of divorce and explained why God hates divorce:

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Matthew 19:3-7

Absolutely nothing in that passage about same sex relations. God designed sexual intimacy as a way for a male and female to become one flesh, both on an emotional and physical level. So yeah, genitalia is part of that equation to become one flesh. He decided the two sexes to be different so each can compliment and complete each other.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
How can we be sure it was God telling you that? How can you be sure it was God speaking? Especially when what He tells us in the Bible is the opposite of what you say He told you.
I am sure because God said so...guess it juts proves the bible is not infallible and contains error--God told me this as well...

Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
There is more evidence God does exist than there is He doesn't. You just don't accept the evidence.

God has put His words in the Bible.

It is easy to say God does not exist and deny the Bible is God's word, but it is hard, let me say impossible, to prove what you say is true.

If you want to believe something is true without any evidence, be my guest, but it seems rather foolish to me.
I can prove it--

Here is God...

What? another no show?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Jesus described it perfectly. He was challenged on the topic of divorce and explained why God hates divorce:

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Matthew 19:3-7

Absolutely nothing in that passage about same sex relations. God designed sexual intimacy as a way for a male and female to become one flesh, both on an emotional and physical level. So yeah, genitalia is part of that equation to become one flesh. He decided the two sexes to be different so each can compliment and complete each other.
The question was about a MAN and a WOMAN..why the flip would Christ go off topic? Christ responded appropriately give the context of the question...otherwise Jesus might as well have said the animals on the Ark were bound together for life--what senses would that have made?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Obviously you have ZERO experience with the Canadian culinary world...though brown gravy over fries is preferred by 9 out of 10 Canadians, one does NOT have brown gravy with fresh fish.

I sincerely believe Jesus would have used malt vinegar had he invented it then..perhaps it was that point in time when vinegar became acceptable?

99.99% of the fries I have ever eaten were eaten in Canada and when I was young yes I had fries with gravy and with vinegar when with chips. But as I matured I grew to appreciate fries with only salt on them. I also used to eat Bismarks when I was younger too but now it is just Nanaimo bars .

Go drink a Caesar and chill out.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:39 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:

How do you know that is what God thinks?
God and I are old friends. Our long journey is one of love and friendship. It is not a journey of bowing, begging forgiveness ,and scraping.

Our friendship is not confined to the Bible. God is more than the words of ancient men. God has never stopped communicating with us. Some of us simply stopped listening, and use the Bible as the excuse for not listening.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
99.99% of the fries I have ever eaten were eaten in Canada and when I was young yes I had fries with gravy and with vinegar when with chips. But as I matured I grew to appreciate fries with only salt on them. I also used to eat Bismarks when I was younger too but now it is just Nanaimo bars .

Go drink a Caesar and chill out.
Pass the vinegar please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity