Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 12:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If by helping, you mean approving of sin then no, I won't do that just like you reject other forms of sexual immorality that you don't approve of.
The point in MY discrimination is that I can see actual harm to the person involved and/or to other people, jeffbase40. You have yet to point out any harm unique to same-sex committed relationships, and refuse to really look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 12:38 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If by helping, you mean approving of sin then no, I won't do that just like you reject other forms of sexual immorality that you don't approve of.
People are under the impression that being politically correct about certain things somehow helps the sinners, but they are fooling themselves, and they are fooling the sinner. There are many "victimless" sins as described in Galatians 5: The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Calling things for what they are does not discriminate against anyone.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
The argument and the mindset behind it, are sorta like this. The color black exists and so does the color white. Let's say G-d said black is a bad spirit and will result in your death, but white is a good one and life to those who find it.

Then you have people who come along and see black and white as only a color or an intellectual argument instead of a spiritual choice of life and death, and thereby ignore what G-d said it is, as the carnal mind rationalizes everything based on what it can see, and touch, and what makes it wise without the knowledge of G-d.

So they accept the color black and paint their whole house with it on the inside by consuming it, and then one day they realize that what they thought was private and hidden, has reproduced and is now showing to everyone that they are pregnant by black. Worse than that, black has now claimed their eyes that are no longer single eyed on G-d and His ways, so that now they cannot tell the difference between black and white.

What will they produce? White? No, every seed bears fruit after it's own kind, so it will produce more black. And because they produced it, a familiar spirit begins to grow up along with it because after all, now it's in two "generations" (acceptance of the thought + oneness with the flesh), and pretty soon they love the black as it's their own child/flesh.

No wonder the first article of armor is the HELMET of salvation, because the battle for the soul of man begins in the mind, and so we are told to take every thought into captivity to the mind of Christ, with the ultimate intention of becoming pregnant with "white" and producing a Christ child.

Sin begets sin, and G-d only has the right to say what sin is, because HE and not man's carnal mind, is the ultimate authority. Peace

Old 08-17-2016, 01:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The argument and the mindset behind it, are sorta like this. The color black exists and so does the color white. Let's say G-d said black is a bad spirit and will result in your death, but white is a good one and life to those who find it.

Then you have people who come along and see black and white as only a color or an intellectual argument instead of a spiritual choice of life and death, and thereby ignore what G-d said it is, as the carnal mind rationalizes everything based on what it can see, and touch, and what makes it wise without the knowledge of G-d.

So they accept the color black and paint their whole house with it on the inside by consuming it, and then one day they realize that what they thought was private and hidden, has reproduced and is now showing to everyone that they are pregnant by black. Worse than that, black has now claimed their eyes that are no longer single eyed on G-d and His ways, so that now they cannot tell the difference between black and white.

What will they produce? White? No, every seed bears fruit after it's own kind, so it will produce more black. And because they produced it, a familiar spirit begins to grow up along with it because after all, now it's in two "generations" (acceptance of the thought + oneness with the flesh), and pretty soon they love the black as it's their own child/flesh.

No wonder the first article of armor is the HELMET of salvation, because the battle for the soul of man begins in the mind, and so we are told to take every thought into captivity to the mind of Christ, with the ultimate intention of becoming pregnant with "white" and producing a Christ child.

Sin begets sin, and G-d only has the right to say what sin is, because HE and not man's carnal mind, is the ultimate authority. Peace
More pseudo-spiritual babble from a font of same.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More pseudo-spiritual babble from a font of same.

And you, being an expert on all things spiritual, qualify to be my judge Peace

Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
And you, being an expert on all things spiritual, qualify to be my judge Peace
I'm an expert at determining who is false and who is not.

You are false.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm an expert at determining who is false and who is not.

You are false.

Hate to tell you this, but your picker is off, way off....

Old 08-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Hate to tell you this, but your picker is off, way off....
Your posts reveal you in ways you don't realize.

Like the emperor who thought he was dressed in spiffy robes.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point in MY discrimination is that I can see actual harm to the person involved and/or to other people, jeffbase40. You have yet to point out any harm unique to same-sex committed relationships, and refuse to really look into it.
Spread of HIV = no harm right?

High suicide rate = no harm, right?

Destroying freedom of religion = no harm, right?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People are under the impression that being politically correct about certain things somehow helps the sinners, but they are fooling themselves, and they are fooling the sinner. There are many "victimless" sins as described in Galatians 5: The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Calling things for what they are does not discriminate against anyone.
Right on, Finn! That's why they want to reject an inherent Bible so they can play cafeteria Christianity and talk about how Jesus loved and accepted everyone, but excise out the parts where Jesus was very anti-sin. It's crazy how fast our society has changed. Just ten years ago, people were all about preserving the sanctity of marriage. Even the beloved liberal president Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act defining marriage according to God's standards. Yep, the Clintons. Just shows you how phony our politically correct culture is. It changes like the wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity